Mom's Of Inmates

No no no. You all have it wrong! This girl had an INJUSTICE done to her! Why, she wants out so she can run home to mama and her son and never ever do meth again and its not HER fault doing drugs that fry yer brain is a crime!!!
Ma said so, so it must be true.

Meh......:cuckoo:

Some people beat addiction to drugs and some people don't. It's like cancer. Not everyone makes it.
Your daughter isn't ready to stop. You can't do anything to make her, and neither can anyone else.
She has a disease. The judicial system tried giving her a chance with rehab, but she wasn't ready to take the treatment. That's all they have to offer.

I hope you'll find peace. It must be very painful to watch your daughter go through this.

Yes, but how does petty unnecessary obstruction of family access and information help anything? Family support is important; isolation of addicts is only a form of torture and petty abuse.
My son has been a corrections officer at a maximum security prison for years. The smuggling of drugs into prisons is unbelievable. That may be part of the limited access. The other part of it is that you have to come up with some sort of disciplinary system for infractions when people are incarcerated. What else can you take away but their social contact? This young lady would and has done everything to work around the system and distribute drugs in the prison. She is not ready to get clean. Is leaving her in the general population to keep pushing drugs your choice?

I wonder if the prison system is the right place to put these people. I would think a locked down psychiatric facility where they can receive substance abuse counseling on a regular basis and where there are not any drugs being smuggled in. These people,who are more addicted to substances than actual criminals, are certainly not getting the individual help they need when they are thrown into prison.

It doesn't put the want to in there. It's real hard for people that become addicts when they are young because the future looks really boring without drugs or alcohol. So, you can't go to bars or out partying to clubs and everything around you from the radio to the people you work with to holidays are all focused on that. Fun is a huge part of their life. They want to have fun. When they look at the future they see church and checkers and that is for older people. It's boring.

They have to figure out how to have fun in different ways. Many times they have to relearn how to celebrate holidays. They have to change people, places and things. They can't go to the same places they have been to or associate with anyone that is using or be around the same things they once were.

Technically this girl is in the right place. Withdrawal from meth can last up to a month or even longer. Most prisons have substance abuse programs and dual diagnosis programs. She will get the same tools there including coping skills. They have NA and AA meetings. She was given the opportunity to want to. She didn't. She has to be willing to be responsible for her actions and that is internal. Counseling doesn't work if there is no want to.

We as a society have to ask at what point does an addict become responsible for their decisions? Can't ask them until they are way into their recovery because if you do then it is never for themselves. Nobody in that prison is holding a gun to her head telling her to seek out meth.

The mom said she is in prison for 12 years, IIRC? That is a little much, don't you think? Who did the girl kill?

Meanwhile, we have child molesters who get out in 5 on "good behavior" while they are in jail and not exposed to any children. Good grief. This girl's behavior is SELF destructive, sure. Take the baby away, sure. I agree with that. Anyone with a drug addiction like that is not fit to be caring for a baby. However, she is doing more time than most other criminals would do because she has a drug addiction.

Well, Mom of Inmate, at least you know your daughter is alive and she is safe (well, safer than she would be out on the streets all high on meth and not knowing which way is up). You will still get to see your daughter and have a semblance of a relationship with her. It could be worse.

Some people beat addiction to drugs and some people don't. It's like cancer. Not everyone makes it.
Your daughter isn't ready to stop. You can't do anything to make her, and neither can anyone else.
She has a disease. The judicial system tried giving her a chance with rehab, but she wasn't ready to take the treatment. That's all they have to offer.

I hope you'll find peace. It must be very painful to watch your daughter go through this.

Yes, but how does petty unnecessary obstruction of family access and information help anything? Family support is important; isolation of addicts is only a form of torture and petty abuse.
My son has been a corrections officer at a maximum security prison for years. The smuggling of drugs into prisons is unbelievable. That may be part of the limited access. The other part of it is that you have to come up with some sort of disciplinary system for infractions when people are incarcerated. What else can you take away but their social contact? This young lady would and has done everything to work around the system and distribute drugs in the prison. She is not ready to get clean. Is leaving her in the general population to keep pushing drugs your choice?

I wonder if the prison system is the right place to put these people. I would think a locked down psychiatric facility where they can receive substance abuse counseling on a regular basis and where there are not any drugs being smuggled in. These people,who are more addicted to substances than actual criminals, are certainly not getting the individual help they need when they are thrown into prison.

It doesn't put the want to in there. It's real hard for people that become addicts when they are young because the future looks really boring without drugs or alcohol. So, you can't go to bars or out partying to clubs and everything around you from the radio to the people you work with to holidays are all focused on that. Fun is a huge part of their life. They want to have fun. When they look at the future they see church and checkers and that is for older people. It's boring.

They have to figure out how to have fun in different ways. Many times they have to relearn how to celebrate holidays. They have to change people, places and things. They can't go to the same places they have been to or associate with anyone that is using or be around the same things they once were.

Technically this girl is in the right place. Withdrawal from meth can last up to a month or even longer. Most prisons have substance abuse programs and dual diagnosis programs. She will get the same tools there including coping skills. They have NA and AA meetings. She was given the opportunity to want to. She didn't. She has to be willing to be responsible for her actions and that is internal. Counseling doesn't work if there is no want to.

We as a society have to ask at what point does an addict become responsible for their decisions? Can't ask them until they are way into their recovery because if you do then it is never for themselves. Nobody in that prison is holding a gun to her head telling her to seek out meth.

The mom said she is in prison for 12 years, IIRC? That is a little much, don't you think? Who did the girl kill?

ADMISSION / RELEASE / DISCHARGE INFO
Admission Date:
09/09/2016
Projected Parole Date: 07/14/2021
Last Paroled Date:
Projected Discharge Date: 07/14/2024

She is on probation out of Florida but that will be completed before she gets out of prison in Illinois. Mom didn't discuss the other two charges out of Florida. It doesn't look like she will be transferred to Florida when her time is done.

So, she puts the grandmother---who is older and could not have replaced everything she has accumulated in her lifetime over again-and her kid at risk. She is court ordered to treatment fails and then flees the state. She is arrested and convicted placed on Felony probation. She is back in Illinois and is serving time for her original sentence where she picks up additional charges while in prison and is still doing time for her original sentence. No additional time has been added.

I'd say her daughter's situation is not as dire as one would be led to believe. Mom is not doing this intentionally with exception to the two charges she didn't discuss (minimizing her daughter's behavior). I don't think Mom can navigate the system or understands what is going on. Her daughter is an adult not a child and that is why she is not as privy to information as she would have been if her daughter was a juvenile.

Last edited:
So the worst offense and reason for the long sentence is the parole violation and flight. Don't have much reason to be concerned about the 'additional charges in prison' thing, since most prisons are gladiator schools run by gangs, not guards, and any sort of resistance to being extorted or abused is a 'criminal act' re prison hacks.

Not according to what I'm reading. She was originally sentenced to 9 years but only doing 50% of that. So, not only does she continue to break the law, she picks up charges in Florida and placed on probation which will end when she is released from prison in Illinois. Pretty damn simple federal probation.

She hasn't been placed on parole yet. There was no parole violation.

So, she did all of that and is still only left with her original sentence. Pretty light.

What it tells you is that her sentencing is actually rather light given the circumstances.

Too bad that Officers and the visitors are the ones bringing the shit in.

Hello, my name is Stacy and I am a mom of an inmate. I really hope by putting my story out there in the public eye someone can help me with the aspects of what to do mentaly, physically, and emtionally to help my daughter whom just turned 20 years old and is incarcerated in Logan Corrections.
On October 9th 2015 my daughter Sierra was arrested at her grandmothers house for agervated manufacturing of methamphetamines. The charge being agervated because her son, 5 months old, was at the home. She was in Montgomery County Jail for approx. 1 1/2 months when the judge decided to give her a chance at rehab. She was taken by me, to rehab and two days later I was notified that she was kicked out and had left. About 2 months had went by before I heard from my child. Then the phone call came, she had skipped state. For almost a year she stayed down there. On July 12 my daughter returned back to Il only because she had gotten into legal trouble in Florida. Serious trouble, drugs, jail, 5 years felony probation. Returning home we all new that she had consequences to serve. And indeed she needed help, I was lucky my little girl was still alive. To be continued....

I needed some time to think on how to continue this....This is a very hard moment in my life.. I hope nobody ever has to go through this experience...

July 12th was a blessing to me, but only knowing that she was alive was not enough I needed to know that she was going to be okay. Which I could see was not happening. This little girl was all grown up and had a baby and didn't even have a chance at being a mom. On the run from two states now she was caught after only one month. She spent her 20th birthday behind bars in Montgomery County. Then came the day of sentencing, September 8, 2016. As her sister, her son, and I sat in the court room they brought her in all shackled. It was the safest thing that a mom could ever see. They sat her in front of me, I told her I loved her and they began. After all was said and done she was given 9 yrs IDOC for agervated participation of methamphetamines. It was horrible, I was devastated because that was not what was suppose to have taken place.. I had no idea that was going to be her sentence. They removed her from the court room and said she would be transported within the hour to Logan Corrections in Lincoln Illinois. I took her son and went to the jail and begged them to let me see my daughter before they took her away and they did. Through plexiglass I sat and shared tears of sadness as we said good bye.. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
Well, as of today 6 months later I have been to see her four times and she seems to be doing OK. But I as her mother know she really wasn't ok. Her sister and I were the only visitors that she had except this grown man that I blame for most of her trouble. I can't yet say a lot about him but when the time comes I will be able to really speak what is on my mind. So now 6 months later it only gets worse. My daughter is sitting in segregation for an unknown amount of time because she was caught with drugs. How has this happened? This child needs help and not the help of being put in a room all alone, with no contact with her mom, or anyone for that matter. That will make anyone suicidal, especially when she had all ready been institutionalized when she was 13 yrs old by the state of Illinois and diagnosised with mental disabilities that make her suicidal. Now even though my baby girl is locked up I again sit here and have to worry about her safety. Is she really gonna be ok. Am I gonna get that phone call that my daughter is dead.... No I won't even get a phone call because I was informed that if anything happens to an inmate they do not notify family... To be continued....

Here we are 6 months after my baby girl was sentenced. Life on the inside, she says isnt getting any easier. N8w she us in seg. Only 2 visits a month an no phone access. I have been to see her twice and couldnt even hug her or hold her hand. This is tragic,looking at her through plexa glass with only a small square of screen to talk through. She sits on a stool shackled and padlocked to that stool. This little girl 20 yrs old is facing probably damn near the rest of her life in prison because of a few bad choices. They continue to treat her like she murdered someone. I have done my research and still at a stand still of what to do. I need help as a mother I have to be strong for her. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.untill next time thank you.
dfab44eebc136b3edf6ceb4864256c0e.jpg

Well here we are almost one year down and that would make 8 more to go. Well not quit, try 15 to 30!!!!

The other morning I got the phone call that I must describe as a mother's nightmare
No, she is not dead, she is very much alive and healthy. Well, my daughter was told that she was being served an indictment. And she was taken to Lincoln court house there in Lincoln IL. And as she arrives there and was entered into a courtroom before a judge and a state's attorney she was given a charge of possession of a controlled substance in a penal institution class X felony carries a minimum of 12 to 20 years in prison. of course she immediately asked for an attorney in which they responded with request for public defender for the defendant denied. So immediately my daughter pled not guilty and she was returned to Logan Correctional and at that time she was very depressed confused. She didnt know what to do and had no resources or no privileges couldn't use the phone to call me and just didn't know what she was going to do. As far as she knew she was going to spend the majority of her life in prison. She would never be able to be a mother to the little boy that calls her mommy.

Well sadly tomorrow at 1:30 we have court, no attorney and no thoughts of what to do....

I've read your post. Three times. Twice to myself, once to my wife. She was quite bothered by it. Why? Because, except for the baby, it is just about, scenario for scenario, word for word, what she and I went through, continue to go through, with her daughter. For twenty two years now. She's 34 years old now and still in and out of the pokey. It took my wife 8 years to partially accomplish what she needed to accomplish with regard to the situation, mainly because our daughter (yes, I refer to her as our daughter) was a minor for 6 of those years. It wasn't until we moved out of California 8 years ago that she was able to complete what needed to be done.

If I thought for one second that you were truly interested in knowing what you need to do, I would tell you. Or, I would put my wife in front of the keyboard and have her do it. But you're nowhere close to ready or able to do what has to be done.

How do I know?

Because of your response to the question posed to you below:

If your daughter was released right now, would she come to you? Or meth?
She would come to me guarantee. Me and her son!!!!

Considering this response, and all your subsequent posts in this thread (I've read every post because of the topic and my intimate knowledge of the subject), there is only one conclusion anyone who has been there can come to: You, madam, are in denial.

Good luck to you. You're going to need it. I know.

Hello, my name is Stacy and I am a mom of an inmate. I really hope by putting my story out there in the public eye someone can help me with the aspects of what to do mentaly, physically, and emtionally to help my daughter whom just turned 20 years old and is incarcerated in Logan Corrections.
On October 9th 2015 my daughter Sierra was arrested at her grandmothers house for agervated manufacturing of methamphetamines. The charge being agervated because her son, 5 months old, was at the home. She was in Montgomery County Jail for approx. 1 1/2 months when the judge decided to give her a chance at rehab. She was taken by me, to rehab and two days later I was notified that she was kicked out and had left. About 2 months had went by before I heard from my child. Then the phone call came, she had skipped state. For almost a year she stayed down there. On July 12 my daughter returned back to Il only because she had gotten into legal trouble in Florida. Serious trouble, drugs, jail, 5 years felony probation. Returning home we all new that she had consequences to serve. And indeed she needed help, I was lucky my little girl was still alive. To be continued....

I needed some time to think on how to continue this....This is a very hard moment in my life.. I hope nobody ever has to go through this experience...

July 12th was a blessing to me, but only knowing that she was alive was not enough I needed to know that she was going to be okay. Which I could see was not happening. This little girl was all grown up and had a baby and didn't even have a chance at being a mom. On the run from two states now she was caught after only one month. She spent her 20th birthday behind bars in Montgomery County. Then came the day of sentencing, September 8, 2016. As her sister, her son, and I sat in the court room they brought her in all shackled. It was the safest thing that a mom could ever see. They sat her in front of me, I told her I loved her and they began. After all was said and done she was given 9 yrs IDOC for agervated participation of methamphetamines. It was horrible, I was devastated because that was not what was suppose to have taken place.. I had no idea that was going to be her sentence. They removed her from the court room and said she would be transported within the hour to Logan Corrections in Lincoln Illinois. I took her son and went to the jail and begged them to let me see my daughter before they took her away and they did. Through plexiglass I sat and shared tears of sadness as we said good bye.. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
Well, as of today 6 months later I have been to see her four times and she seems to be doing OK. But I as her mother know she really wasn't ok. Her sister and I were the only visitors that she had except this grown man that I blame for most of her trouble. I can't yet say a lot about him but when the time comes I will be able to really speak what is on my mind. So now 6 months later it only gets worse. My daughter is sitting in segregation for an unknown amount of time because she was caught with drugs. How has this happened? This child needs help and not the help of being put in a room all alone, with no contact with her mom, or anyone for that matter. That will make anyone suicidal, especially when she had all ready been institutionalized when she was 13 yrs old by the state of Illinois and diagnosised with mental disabilities that make her suicidal. Now even though my baby girl is locked up I again sit here and have to worry about her safety. Is she really gonna be ok. Am I gonna get that phone call that my daughter is dead.... No I won't even get a phone call because I was informed that if anything happens to an inmate they do not notify family... To be continued....

Here we are 6 months after my baby girl was sentenced. Life on the inside, she says isnt getting any easier. N8w she us in seg. Only 2 visits a month an no phone access. I have been to see her twice and couldnt even hug her or hold her hand. This is tragic,looking at her through plexa glass with only a small square of screen to talk through. She sits on a stool shackled and padlocked to that stool. This little girl 20 yrs old is facing probably damn near the rest of her life in prison because of a few bad choices. They continue to treat her like she murdered someone. I have done my research and still at a stand still of what to do. I need help as a mother I have to be strong for her. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.untill next time thank you.
dfab44eebc136b3edf6ceb4864256c0e.jpg

Well here we are almost one year down and that would make 8 more to go. Well not quit, try 15 to 30!!!!

The other morning I got the phone call that I must describe as a mother's nightmare
No, she is not dead, she is very much alive and healthy. Well, my daughter was told that she was being served an indictment. And she was taken to Lincoln court house there in Lincoln IL. And as she arrives there and was entered into a courtroom before a judge and a state's attorney she was given a charge of possession of a controlled substance in a penal institution class X felony carries a minimum of 12 to 20 years in prison. of course she immediately asked for an attorney in which they responded with request for public defender for the defendant denied. So immediately my daughter pled not guilty and she was returned to Logan Correctional and at that time she was very depressed confused. She didnt know what to do and had no resources or no privileges couldn't use the phone to call me and just didn't know what she was going to do. As far as she knew she was going to spend the majority of her life in prison. She would never be able to be a mother to the little boy that calls her mommy.

Well sadly tomorrow at 1:30 we have court, no attorney and no thoughts of what to do....

I've read your post. Three times. Twice to myself, once to my wife. She was quite bothered by it. Why? Because, except for the baby, it is just about, scenario for scenario, word for word, what she and I went through, continue to go through, with her daughter. For twenty two years now. She's 34 years old now and still in and out of the pokey. It took my wife 8 years to partially accomplish what she needed to accomplish with regard to the situation, mainly because our daughter (yes, I refer to her as our daughter) was a minor for 6 of those years. It wasn't until we moved out of California 8 years ago that she was able to complete what needed to be done.

If I thought for one second that you were truly interested in knowing what you need to do, I would tell you. Or, I would put my wife in front of the keyboard and have her do it. But you're nowhere close to ready or able to do what has to be done.

How do I know?

Because of your response to the question posed to you below:

If your daughter was released right now, would she come to you? Or meth?
She would come to me guarantee. Me and her son!!!!

Considering this response, and all your subsequent posts in this thread (I've read every post because of the topic and my intimate knowledge of the subject), there is only one conclusion anyone who has been there can come to: You, madam, are in denial.

Good luck to you. You're going to need it. I know.
There comes a time in a situation like this; when a person has to realize... The person they are trying to help/save is gone... Even the fortunate few, who somehow make it out the otherside; are forever changed.

How many years did she get again? I have a good friend that did 8 years. She did it, and survived.

Forum List

Back