Mom, What's a Conspiracy Theorist?

I think there is fundamental difference between asking for special treatment and asking to be treated the same as everyone else. Gay marriage might offend you but it was a right denied to a minority of Americans.
Gay marriage was offensive to many because gays were not content with legalization of their relationships including legalized benefits that heterosexual marriages enjoy. The vast majority of Americans were good with that as were the majority of gay people.

But a small minority demanded that the huge majority change the DEFINITION of marriage that has stood for thousands of years. And while I believe people do not choose to be gay but just are, that unreasonable demand helped open the door to outrageous demands for accommodation of transgendering and other deviancies that go way way past unreasonable to unconscionable.

It is that kind of thing that drives thinking people nuts.

Was it a conspiracy all along to degrade and tear down traditional American society? I don't know. But given the depravity we see some on the left trying to force upon school children now, I wonder.

There is good debt and there is bad debt so a single number is meaningless.
good for the p[eople that benifitted from it,, bad for the people that have to pay it,,

none of what I stated is good debt,, it all is being pushed off on future generations by evil people,,

Gay marriage was offensive to many because gays were not content with legalization of their relationships including legalized benefits that heterosexual marriages enjoy. The vast majority of Americans were good with that as were the majority of gay people.
Agreed but I think gov't should not be in the 'marriage" business, that should be the realm of religion. Gov't should only regulate civil unions.

But a small minority demanded that the huge majority change the DEFINITION of marriage that has stood for thousands of years. And while I believe people do not choose to be gay but just are, that unreasonable demand helped open the door to outrageous demands for accommodation of transgendering and other deviancies that go way way past unreasonable to unconscionable.

It is that kind of thing that drives thinking people nuts.

Was it a conspiracy all along to degrade and tear down traditional American society? I don't know. But given the depravity we see some on the left trying to force upon school children now, I wonder.
There will always be a extremist and vocal minority for every issue, usually on both sides, doesn't mean the core issue isn't valid. Abortion is a good example.

Agreed but I think gov't should not be in the 'marriage" business, that should be the realm of religion. Gov't should only regulate civil unions.

There will always be a extremist and vocal minority for every issue, usually on both sides, doesn't mean the core issue isn't valid. Abortion is a good example.
Over the millenia, marriage has always been for the purpose of recording immediate and extended family relationships according to blood lines. In the past that was to establish ownership of property, heritage and some political considerations.

In more modern times such criteria still has some importance but marriage is specifically and necessarily regulated in all 50 states to protect children with requirements for legal age to marry, prohibiting too close family relationships to marry, establishing what persons the adults are responsible to care for, right of inheritance, certain medical considerations, etc.

The Constitution gives the federal government no jurisdiction whatsoever to regulate marriage. But as traditional marriage produces tremendous benefits for both adults and children and communities as a whole, the federal government is justified in establishing a tax code, etc. that encourages and supports it.

In my opinion there are efforts to weaken and perhaps destroy traditional marriage as the norm in America to further weaken America. And yes, that is a conspiracy theory that I suspect will eventually be shown to be fact, not theory.

Got an example of a recent Dem conspiracy theory? Preferably one with little to no evidence to support it.
How about their cover up of their racist heritage?

It's not something that happened recently but the cover up persists to this day for no good reason.

The reality is that the US still has a AA+ bond rating and is doing just fine. You can take off your hat.
To be downgraded from AAA rating in August though is NOT just fine. It suggests a trend and mismanagement that should not be ignored. I believe it is the primary reason for skittishness in many financial indicators that has dropped our retirement funds by almost 2-1/2 pts in recent months and the trend continues sharply downward.

That is NOT just fine.

Over the millenia, marriage has always been for the purpose of recording immediate and extended family relationships according to blood lines. In the past that was to establish ownership of property, heritage and some political considerations.

In more modern times such criteria still has some importance but marriage is specifically and necessarily regulated in all 50 states to protect children with requirements for legal age to marry, prohibiting too close family relationships to marry, establishing what persons the adults are responsible to care for, right of inheritance, certain medical considerations, etc.

The Constitution gives the federal government no jurisdiction whatsoever to regulate marriage. But as traditional marriage produces tremendous benefits for both adults and children and communities as a whole, the federal government is justified in establishing a tax code, etc. that encourages and supports it.

In my opinion there are efforts to weaken and perhaps destroy traditional marriage as the norm in America to further weaken America. And yes, that is a conspiracy theory that I suspect will eventually be shown to be fact, not theory.
Consensus, not conspiracy.

How about their cover up of their racist heritage?

It's not something that happened recently but the cover up persists to this day for no good reason.
They may not be proud of it but I no of no examples of an active cover up. Do you?

Forum List

Back