Mom put nacho cheese on her Doritos. Three weeks later, she’s still in the hospital.

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lavinia Kelly hasn’t been able to speak or breathe on her own since she was hospitalized three weeks ago with botulism, a rare form of food poisoning that she believes she contracted after eating nacho-cheese sauce sold at a Sacramento area gas station. Now, the Sacramento woman is suing the gas station due to her ongoing ordeal.

Sacramento County health officials have confirmed five cases of botulism in patients who ate at the Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station, and are investigating three other probable cases and one suspect case, with all nine patients still hospitalized. Officials believe the outbreak is linked to nacho cheese sauce that was served at the station, but the exact cause of the poisoning is still under investigation, officials said.

Kelly, who was turning 33 on May 17, was driving home from work as an inventory manager on April 21 when she pulled over at the gas station’s small market for a snack. She picked up a bag of Doritos chips and drizzled them with nacho-cheese sauce, said her partner, Ricky Torres.

Within hours, the usually upbeat mother of three felt fatigued, he said. The next morning she complained of double vision and went to Sutter Medical Center, but was sent home hours later. By that evening, she was vomiting and having difficulty breathing, Torres said. He drove her back to the emergency room.

Read more here: Mom put nacho cheese on her Doritos. Three weeks later, she’s still in the hospital.

Setting aside the whole nacho cheese sauce from a gas station to begin with, that's just scary. Five cases. I have never even heard of botulism.

I never get who eats that gas station garbage, Jesus look who is behind the counter.

Most of them yes. I sure as heck wouldn't trust that.

I currently reside in an area that has "country stores" and a few modern gas stations that serve food. There is one that sells Indian food. Forty miles to an actual Indian restaurant except that one. Most of them sell fried food. One serves breakfast. But, the nacho cheese or hot dogs or any of that nonsense....hell, no.

Lavinia Kelly hasn’t been able to speak or breathe on her own since she was hospitalized three weeks ago with botulism, a rare form of food poisoning that she believes she contracted after eating nacho-cheese sauce sold at a Sacramento area gas station. Now, the Sacramento woman is suing the gas station due to her ongoing ordeal.

Sacramento County health officials have confirmed five cases of botulism in patients who ate at the Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station, and are investigating three other probable cases and one suspect case, with all nine patients still hospitalized. Officials believe the outbreak is linked to nacho cheese sauce that was served at the station, but the exact cause of the poisoning is still under investigation, officials said.

Kelly, who was turning 33 on May 17, was driving home from work as an inventory manager on April 21 when she pulled over at the gas station’s small market for a snack. She picked up a bag of Doritos chips and drizzled them with nacho-cheese sauce, said her partner, Ricky Torres.

Within hours, the usually upbeat mother of three felt fatigued, he said. The next morning she complained of double vision and went to Sutter Medical Center, but was sent home hours later. By that evening, she was vomiting and having difficulty breathing, Torres said. He drove her back to the emergency room.

Read more here: Mom put nacho cheese on her Doritos. Three weeks later, she’s still in the hospital.

Setting aside the whole nacho cheese sauce from a gas station to begin with, that's just scary. Five cases. I have never even heard of botulism.

/---- As a friend once advised "Never buy food from a place called Gas and Eats. And I don't believe you never heard of botulism before.

I never get who eats that gas station garbage, Jesus look who is behind the counter.

Most of them yes. I sure as heck wouldn't trust that.

I currently reside in an area that has "country stores" and a few modern gas stations that serve food. There is one that sells Indian food. Forty miles to an actual Indian restaurant except that one. Most of them sell fried food. One serves breakfast. But, the nacho cheese or hot dogs or any of that nonsense....hell, no.

Thanks I forgot about the newer gas stations and country store gas stations..

/---- As a friend once advised "Never buy food from a place called Gas and Eats. And I don't believe you never heard of botulism before.

I can't recall ever reading about it but I may have. My educational experience with medical crap comes from being drug through it.......unwillingly. Have you ever seen the slow motion No? This doesn't quite fit it but it's as close as I can get at the moment:

You have what? It does what? You're prescribed what? Can you spell it?

Aren't you glad Trump is tirelessly fighting to end all those job killing regulations that would have prevented the woman from getting sick if they were followed? Go Trump!!!!! Who cares about a few botulism deaths if we can dump more of those job killing regulations.

Aren't you glad Trump is tirelessly fighting to end all those job killing regulations that would have prevented the woman from getting sick if they were followed? Go Trump!!!!! Who cares about a few botulism deaths if we can dump more of those job killing regulations.

Good boy.

Forum List

Back