Mom Accused In Rape Of Son's 12-Year-Old Friend

She probably didn't know, or didn't care. Sexual urges are powerful things. I know when I was 12 I had a teacher who I became very close to. By the time I was 14 she was taking me home after school. She used to put her hand on my leg all the time. Nobody said anything about it back then because we all knew teachers who were having sex with students. I remember in middle school a popular boy coming to school on monday describing his math teachers tramp stamp that he saw when he went to her house that weekend and had sex with her.

She never got in trouble. I mean it was not even uncommon. It was a joke to us, see if you could bang a teacher. I never did because that teacher who took me home was more like a 2nd mom to me than any kind of romantic thing, but it could have turned that way easily had I let it. I mean she used to bring me into her classroom during lunch and lock the door and turn off the light and have us sit where nobody walking by could see us and we spent a lot of time alone like that. That happened for almost 2 straight years.

This stuff isn't happening more now, it's being REPORTED more now.

I remember well as recently as the 80s or so music videos called "Hot For Teacher." We've become decidely more repressive about sex in just many of our own lifetimes. I'm not sure why.

This particular incident seemed to involve a long-standing relationship. Article said 8 or 9 months. So this wasn't a momentary lapse of judgement but rather a full on relationship. Illegal as all get out, but not something tawdry and illicit.

Prosecute her? Have to, it's the law and there's no provisions for judicial discretion. If there were, I'd say have the 12yo interviewed by a pscyhologist. If no signs of abuse or coercion are in evidence, throw out all charges unless one for being stupid exists. I'll check. :)

She probably didn't know, or didn't care. There are a lot of rapists in prison right now, so obviously the threat of a long jail term does nothing. I mean how many people are in prison for murder? Murderers get LIFE, or the DEATH PENALTY and that STILL doesn't deter them from committing the crime. All long prison sentences do is clog up our prisons with non-violent felons.

Sexual urges are powerful things. I know when I was 12 I had a teacher who I became very close to. By the time I was 14 she was taking me home after school. She used to put her hand on my leg all the time. Nobody said anything about it back then because we all knew teachers who were having sex with students. I remember in middle school a popular boy coming to school on monday describing his math teachers tramp stamp that he saw when he went to her house that weekend and had sex with her.

She never got in trouble. I mean it was not even uncommon. It was a joke to us, see if you could bang a teacher. I never did because that teacher who took me home was more like a 2nd mom to me than any kind of romantic thing, but it could have turned that way easily had I let it. She and I became very close after I got jumped at school and she helped me through the aftermath. I mean she used to bring me into her classroom during lunch and lock the door and turn off the light and have us sit where nobody walking by could see us and we spent a lot of time alone like that. That happened for almost 2 straight years.

And AOC laws are pointless when two states can share a border and on this side its 18, on the other side 100 feet away, its 16. I thought they were supposed to protect kids from exploitation? So the state with 18 is protecting kids, with 16 it isn't? And AOC varies widely over the world, in Mexico it's 12.

Can't take minors across state lines to bypass a lower aoc. That actually jacks up the charge to a federal offense.

But that begs the question, what if you meet her in State A with a 16yo age of consent, but shes from state B, with an 18yo AOC. You bang her lights out in state B. You didn't bring her across state lines to bypass AOC laws, she was there already. So does that make it illegal for a 16yo from state B to have sex in any state with a lower AOC?

We are the only species on earth that puts an arbitrary time on when its ok to have sex other than what mother nature intended, puberty. Just a point to ponder.

But that begs the question, what if you meet her in State A with a 16yo age of consent, but shes from state B, with an 18yo AOC. You bang her lights out in state B. You didn't bring her across state lines to bypass AOC laws, she was there already. So does that make it illegal for a 16yo from state B to have sex in any state with a lower AOC?

You're subject to your home states' (place of legal residence) AoC. If a residence of state A where it's 18 goes to another state where it's 16 and has sex with an adult 21+, the adult can be prosecuted.

Additionally, you can't go abroad to have sex with those under your home state or country's AoC either. Can be prosecuted upon your return.

That's what I'm asking, what if she didn't GO THERE TO HAVE SEX WITH ANYONE, she went there for instance on a family vacation. You can't enforce one states laws in another state. I know that's not right.

That's what I'm asking, what if she didn't GO THERE TO HAVE SEX WITH ANYONE, she went there for instance on a family vacation. You can't enforce one states laws in another state. I know that's not right.

Doesn't matter why you're there, you're still subject to your home state's aoc laws.

Yes, I'm not saying its not illegal to transport someone for "illicit acts". That would be the law being broken in your home state anyway. But I'm saying, lets say two teens meet on vacation in a state with 16yo AOC. NEITHER OF THEM RAN OVER THERE FOR SEX, they simply met there by happenstance. So that law wouldn't apply. They didn't GO THERE FOR ILLICIT ACTS, they went there for vacation with their parents.

Yes, I'm not saying its not illegal to transport someone for "illicit acts". That would be the law being broken in your home state anyway. But I'm saying, lets say two teens meet on vacation in a state with 16yo AOC. NEITHER OF THEM RAN OVER THERE FOR SEX, they simply met there by happenstance. So that law wouldn't apply. They didn't GO THERE FOR ILLICIT ACTS, they went there for vacation with their parents.

A lot depends on the state's wording of their laws. Whether they mention this sort of thing or not. And the prosecutor.

Assuming a perfect 'met on vacation' scenario where two unable to have sex legally back home have sex in another state where it's legal, it'd depend. Hard to say one way or the other without knowing the state's actual laws. Throw in pissed off parents and what might have been ignored officialy can suddenly be unignorable.

Interesting academic experiment. Probably look it up here now and see if something like this has happened and what the outcome was.

Closest thing that comes to mind are the Romeo and Juliet provisions some states have. If the offense involves two minors within a few years of age of one another, what would have been illegal if an adult was involved, wont be if two kids.

She probably didn't know, or didn't care. Sexual urges are powerful things. I know when I was 12 I had a teacher who I became very close to. By the time I was 14 she was taking me home after school. She used to put her hand on my leg all the time. Nobody said anything about it back then because we all knew teachers who were having sex with students. I remember in middle school a popular boy coming to school on monday describing his math teachers tramp stamp that he saw when he went to her house that weekend and had sex with her.

She never got in trouble. I mean it was not even uncommon. It was a joke to us, see if you could bang a teacher. I never did because that teacher who took me home was more like a 2nd mom to me than any kind of romantic thing, but it could have turned that way easily had I let it. I mean she used to bring me into her classroom during lunch and lock the door and turn off the light and have us sit where nobody walking by could see us and we spent a lot of time alone like that. That happened for almost 2 straight years.

I remember well as recently as the 80s or so music videos called "Hot For Teacher." We've become decidely more repressive about sex in just many of our own lifetimes. I'm not sure why.

This particular incident seemed to involve a long-standing relationship. Article said 8 or 9 months. So this wasn't a momentary lapse of judgement but rather a full on relationship. Illegal as all get out, but not something tawdry and illicit.

Prosecute her? Have to, it's the law and there's no provisions for judicial discretion. If there were, I'd say have the 12yo interviewed by a pscyhologist. If no signs of abuse or coercion are in evidence, throw out all charges unless one for being stupid exists. I'll check. :)
MORE repressive??

I was born in '49, don't even peddle that shit to me.

MORE repressive??

I was born in '49, don't even peddle that shit to me.

Taboo (1980)

Try making that today they'll chase you up the nearest tree and set fire to it. :)

I mean even Opie had a crush on his teacher in one episode. You think that suddenly, now, teachers are having sex with students? Of course not. It's been going on since teachers and students were shoved together for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

You're supposed to control your urges, not feed them. I'm told that's what being human is all about.
Amen to this and if that woman was not able to control her urges, she shouldn't expect that boys parents to either when they find out what she did to him.

God bless you and him and his family always!!!

Holly

I don't know why the liberals are against what happened. I mean you are the party of anything goes. Sex anytime with anybody. Teach little girls hoe to use dildos. Heck on here the other day a liberal told me it was none of my business if a dad and daughter were gonna get married and have children. Thanks liberals for degrading society that creates sexual predators like this woman.

When I was 12 I had crushes on some of my friends moms. I wouldn't have felt violated, I'd have been happy. I would have known exactly what I was doing, too. They're calling it rape because of his age, not because she threw him against the wall and tied him up.

I was a horndog at 12. Certainly not the "innocent child" that society portrays them to be. I used to drink wine and watch "real sex" on HBO for free late late at night because our TV had an analog tuner that I could adjust channel 6 and get channel 5 and a half, where HBO was 5. Like I said, I was not innocent at 12, not even close. I was doing things with girls in school at 12 that I haven't done since.

Not minimizing what she did, though. She should, and will, be punished.
You're supposed to control your urges, not feed them. I'm told that's what being human is all about.
My God, did we control our urges.

Miss Betty in short-shorts.

Damn right I had to control that.

When I was 12 I had crushes on some of my friends moms. I wouldn't have felt violated, I'd have been happy. I would have known exactly what I was doing, too. They're calling it rape because of his age, not because she threw him against the wall and tied him up.

I was a horndog at 12. Certainly not the "innocent child" that society portrays them to be. I used to drink wine and watch "real sex" on HBO for free late late at night because our TV had an analog tuner that I could adjust channel 6 and get channel 5 and a half, where HBO was 5. Like I said, I was not innocent at 12, not even close. I was doing things with girls in school at 12 that I haven't done since.

Not minimizing what she did, though. She should, and will, be punished.
My God, did we control our urges.

Miss Betty in short-shorts.

Damn right I had to control that.
You fucked up...Miss Betty was on the approved list...I looked it up.

Forum List

Back