Moderation Message on Starting Threads..

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
There is a recent post in Announcements about creating duplicate threads on the CVID events.. You need to use EXISTING threads for OPs that are really recycled commentary. The overload hides the fresh new informative stuff... READ a few of them, DONT depend on just searching the titles...

GO HERE ---- NOTHING has changed.. Check Listings Before Starting New Threads.

There is a recent post in Announcements about creating duplicate threads on the CVID events.. You need to use EXISTING threads for OPs that are really recycled commentary. The overload hides the fresh new informative stuff... READ a few of them, DONT depend on just searching the titles...

THAT'S what happened to IM2's recent thread, I thought I was seeing things! It WAS merged into one of Dim Denizen's threads......

The moonbats don't care.....They gotta get their hate on.

Not any particular kind of moonbat.. We've had to call on a bunch of right-minded moonbats who spammed 3 or 6 threads on the topic in one day..

We're being consistent about what we've always done.. We IGNORED it for a week or so.. But it's dumbing down the forum listings and hiding more important threads and information...

Dumbing down the forum listings.....

attachment.php

There are so many threads on this it's hard to keep up with them.......Start posting on one thinking your are on the other............Think I'm gonna clean my shed tomorrow........instead.......seeing how I'm off work for a while anyways.

I've started a few threads the past few weeks that have been closed or folded into other threads.

Thing is, I used the search function to look for keywords from the articles I intended to post. Nothing turned up, so I posted them. Then I get moderated.

:doubt:

what happened to all of those Biden is Senile threads?

There's a lot LESS of them because they were merged or moved as well....

Number of closed, merged, moved threads is WAY TOO high to keep it up and BE fair... That's why we're asking folks to READ the forum a bit before starting new ones... A SEARCH is not adequate, because we allow too much latitude in the scope of established open threads...

I've started a few threads the past few weeks that have been closed or folded into other threads.

Thing is, I used the search function to look for keywords from the articles I intended to post. Nothing turned up, so I posted them. Then I get moderated.

:doubt:

Because of the volume of CVID threads, especially POLITICAL CVID threads, a search is inadequate... Need to browse the forum, read the OPs and see if you can put your material into an existing thread... Like I said above, there's a lot of latitude within the ESTABLISHED discussions. And if moderation is participating in a thread that has COVERED your new OP --- or if we're familiar with EXISTING threads that cover your topic, it's need to be merged, or closed...

Use your judgement.. Practice "Topical Distancing"... :2up:

Last edited:
And help by reporting rehash threads that are STILL ACTIVE... Generally, we won't merge older established threads unless the VOLUME and activity is as high as is now....

I understand what you're saying, but the reality is, the virus is virtually the only thing in the news the past week or so. I go to Google news and our local news stations sites every day. 95% to 98% of the stories are about the virus or something related to the virus.

What's happening here is that members are trying to start new topics on the only subject they can find--the virus. If there are other things going on in politics, it's either scantly being reported or not reported at all. It's not just the MSM. I watch Laura's show ever evening. Same thing.

It reminds me of when I was younger and drank too much. You'd hit the sack and the bed was spinning; you just prayed that it would stop already.

It would help if you moderators would stop merging threads from different forums. If two threads cover the same subject but are in different forums, so what? Many people have a favorite forum and rarely even visit other forums. Just a suggestion.

The moonbats don't care.....They gotta get their hate on.

Not any particular kind of moonbat.. We've had to call on a bunch of right-minded moonbats who spammed 3 or 6 threads on the topic in one day..

We're being consistent about what we've always done.. We IGNORED it for a week or so.. But it's dumbing down the forum listings and hiding more important threads and information...
It's, funny when I log in and only have 3 threads on the main page.

Means the idiots are having a bashfest and I've got a lot of idiots on ignore. :)

It would help if you moderators would stop merging threads from different forums. If two threads cover the same subject but are in different forums, so what? Many people have a favorite forum and rarely even visit other forums. Just a suggestion.
They need to follow guidelines.

I think that since this has been an ongoing problem even before the virus, USMB could organize search results so it displays titles in chronological order. For instance, if I find an article from three days ago where the Democrats once again accused the Republicans of racism, and I type in Republican racism in USMB search, I may never find the article if another member posted it already. It may list threads from 2014, 2019, 2009 and so on.

Because of that, the search feature is useless when you are trying to find out if somebody already posted a story you want to post yourself. So to make sure you are not duplicating that story, you have to start at page one of the forum, and go all the way back until the date the story was reported by the media.

It's time consuming and easy to skip past a post that somebody else made on that same story. Pknopp is absolutely correct. Titles should be restricted to describing what the thread is about. Thread titles like You Never Guess What Trump Did make it much more difficult when trying to make sure you are not duplicating a thread already out there. The only way to find out what the OP is talking about is to open it up and read it; again, very time consuming.

Forum List

Back