Moderate islam is like moderate nazism

I take it youtube banned some hatespeech videos directed at Islam, right?

Well...as any corproate tool would explain it to us, it's their company and they can do what they want.

If we don't like it, we can do the only thing consumers can do.

We can stop using that product.

I may have to agree with you as far as modern Islam goes. Just about every Muslim nation on this earth is incredibly intolerant of other's beliefs. Just visit any Muslim nation and see for yourself. All other religious beliefs are just not tolerated in most Muslim nations. This cannot be said of most Christian,Buddhist,and Hindu states. Modern Islam does have a big problem. I just wish the Muslims themselves would admit this and stop playing the victim and blaming everyone else.

The difference between Islam and Christianity is that the Christians were able to "throw off" the shackles of the church in Europe. Both religions have many of the same characters, Jesus, Moses, Mary. Both say their founder was Abraham. Both want to kill the gays and enslave women.

Not seeing a lot of difference between the two, other than our "big government" protecting us from the followers of Jesus.

apparently any criticism of islam may be considered hate speech, but otherwise you are right

Well...as any corproate tool would explain it to us, it's their company and they can do what they want.

The difference between Islam and Christianity is that the Christians were able to "throw off" the shackles of the church in Europe. Both religions have many of the same characters, Jesus, Moses, Mary. Both say their founder was Abraham. Both want to kill the gays and enslave women.

Not seeing a lot of difference between the two, other than our "big government" protecting us from the followers of Jesus.

Find me a mainstream christian sect that wants to "kill the gays" or "enslave women"
Denying gays the right to marry is a far cry from killing them. Being against non medically needed abortion is a far cry from enslaving women.

There can be moderate islam. Muslims who accept secular states and rules are moderate. It is when they want to impose a Sharia based system of law via goverment that you delve into radical islam.

exactly what i was trying to say

thank you

I may have to agree with you as far as modern Islam goes. Just about every Muslim nation on this earth is incredibly intolerant of other's beliefs. Just visit any Muslim nation and see for yourself. All other religious beliefs are just not tolerated in most Muslim nations. This cannot be said of most Christian,Buddhist,and Hindu states. Modern Islam does have a big problem. I just wish the Muslims themselves would admit this and stop playing the victim and blaming everyone else.

you dont see one as a global threat perhaps?

hmm?

I may have to agree with you as far as modern Islam goes. Just about every Muslim nation on this earth is incredibly intolerant of other's beliefs. Just visit any Muslim nation and see for yourself. All other religious beliefs are just not tolerated in most Muslim nations.

This cannot be said of most Christian,Buddhist,and Hindu states. Modern Islam does have a big problem. I just wish the Muslims themselves would admit this and stop playing the victim and blaming everyone else.

The states with the best records of religious freedom are not any of the above "religious states" - they are states with predominantly secular and democratic forms of government. When you start to mix religion into legislation, intolerance increases.

The states with the worst records do include a number of dominantly Islamic states run under some form of religious law, as well as dictatorships. The problem isn't Islam - it's religion mixing with government and a lack of protection for minority religions.

Religious freedom and tolerance around the world...from the U.S. State Department 2007 report on religious freedom - among the countries of particular concern for violations:

Burma -- "The Government systematically restricted efforts by Buddhist clergy to promote human rights and political freedom and discouraged and prohibited minority religious groups from constructing new places of worship. In some cases, government officials destroyed existing places of worship. The Government also actively promoted Theravada Buddhism over other religions, particularly among members of ethnic minorities. Christian and Islamic groups continued to have trouble obtaining permission to repair existing places of worship or build new ones. Anti-Muslim violence continued, as did the close monitoring of Muslim activities. Restrictions on worship of other non-Buddhist minority groups also continued throughout the country. Although there were no new reports of forced conversions of non-Buddhists, the Government applied pressure on students and poor youth to convert to Buddhism. Adherence or conversion to Buddhism is generally a prerequisite for promotion to senior government and military ranks."

Eritrea: 2006 International Religious Freedom Report -- 4 dominant Christian and Islamic religious groups only - no other sects tolerated.

Sri Lanka - "The Constitution accords Buddhism the "foremost place," but it is not recognized as the state religion. While the Government publicly endorses the right of members of other faiths to freely practice their religion, in practice there were problems in some areas. Anti-conversion legislation, first introduced in 2004, remained under consideration. Despite generally amicable relations among persons of different faiths, there was ongoing resistance, in some cases violent, by some Buddhists toward Christian church activity, in particular that conducted by evangelical groups. There were sporadic attacks on Christian churches by Buddhist extremists and on Ahmadis by Sunni Muslims. Police have been responsive in arresting and prosecuting persons in connection with these incidents."

Russia: "...Popular attitudes toward traditionally Muslim ethnic groups are negative in many regions, and there are manifestations of anti-Semitism as well as hostility toward Roman Catholics and other non‑Orthodox Christian denominations. Some observant Muslims claimed harassment because of their faith. Instances of religiously motivated violence continued, although it often was difficult to determine whether xenophobic, religious, or ethnic prejudices were the primary motivation behind violent attacks. Some Russian Orthodox Church clergy have stated publicly their opposition to any expansion of the presence of Roman Catholics, Protestants, and other non-Orthodox denominations."

India, which you give as an example has endured a lot of religious strife including intolerance from the dominantly Hindu population towards Muslims, Sikhs and other minority sects (that's not to say the violence is one sided).

A quick look at the history of many so-called "Christian" states will find a similar record of religious intolerance, pogroms, and violence towards non-Christians or those who are not the right denomination.

Last edited:
An interesting thing I saw recently on TV is that the Koran has more about Mary than the New Testament.
Both Islam and Christianity have a history of extremes, and right wing Christians aren't promoting love of their fellow man at the present time.

apparently any criticism of islam may be considered hate speech, but otherwise you are right

do you want to scream antisemite before or after I pounce on the stupidity of this thread and the irony of that specific post?

but their not blowing themselves up or presenting a global threat of terrorism either

An interesting thing I saw recently on TV is that the Koran has more about Mary than the New Testament.
Both Islam and Christianity have a history of extremes, and right wing Christians aren't promoting love of their fellow man at the present time.

pounce away brother.

I have found it seems, its sometimes hard to distinguish legitimate cricism with ranting sometimes :lol:

do you want to scream antisemite before or after I pounce on the stupidity of this thread and the irony of that specific post?

but their not blowing themselves up or presenting a global threat of terrorism either

no, they just rationalize collateral damage when dropping bombs on brown people.

as jew, you already know all about acceptable killings of unwanteds, right?

Like I said, you should retract your position in this thread before I pounce all over the stupidity of it.

pounce away brother.

I have found it seems, its sometimes hard to distinguish legitimate cricism with ranting sometimes :lol:

i guess it just depends on how sticky the cry of antisemite is when using it to shut down criticism, eh?

legitimate criticism of israel: examples

Israel should not build on the settlements in west bank, israel should try to kill less civilians

NON-legitimate criticism of israel and why

israel is a terrorist state (going after those who use women and children as shields, those who would commit a 2nd holocaust against your people)

israel has no right to exist, (then neither does america, we should all leave, infact everyone in europe and america should leave and find the indiginous people they all stole their land from.

Freedom of speech and of/from religion gives me the right to criticize any religion for any reason, but i still wanna be legitimate.

Example: kill all muslims... not legitimate... thats just barbaric

stop mass immigration of muslims to europe, legitimate because, europe is having problems with its muslims populations not assimilating

then again, who gets to decide what is and is not legitimate criticize, its a thin line.

pounce away brother.

i guess it just depends on how sticky the cry of antisemite is when using it to shut down criticism, eh?

hands shogun, youre not an anti-semite card, from a real jew :lol:

pounce away brother.

legitimate criticism of israel: examples

Israel should not build on the settlements in west bank, israel should try to kill less civilians

NON-legitimate criticism of israel and why

israel is a terrorist state (going after those who use women and children as shields, those who would commit a 2nd holocaust against your people)

israel has no right to exist, (then neither does america, we should all leave, infact everyone in europe and america should leave and find the indiginous people they all stole their land from.

Freedom of speech and of/from religion gives me the right to criticize any religion for any reason, but i still wanna be legitimate.

Example: kill all muslims... not legitimate... thats just barbaric

stop mass immigration of muslims to europe, legitimate because, europe is having problems with its muslims populations not assimilating

then again, who gets to decide what is and is not legitimate criticize, its a thin line.

pounce away brother.

feel free to rationalize the generalized assumption of your op any way you choose. I assure you, no one misses how you'd react to the same kind of blanket accusation directed at your own identity.

Forum List

Back