MLB season in jeopardy. A few cardinals test positive

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY

They’re going to cancel the season soon. I hope the NFL learns from baseball’s mistake and has their players play in a bubble

They’re going to cancel the season soon. I hope the NFL learns from baseball’s mistake and has their players play in a bubble

I'm not sure that would be possible at this point given that the NFL season starts in a few weeks. Where would you have the bubbles at? The only places springing to mind would be Indianapolis and Glendale.
But I agree, baseball should have planned for the bubble. Hopefully, they can save their season. But given the travel and how players and coaches interact, it doesn't look good.

I'm not sure that would be possible at this point given that the NFL season starts in a few weeks. Where would you have the bubbles at? The only places springing to mind would be Indianapolis and Glendale.
But I agree, baseball should have planned for the bubble. Hopefully, they can save their season. But given the travel and how players and coaches interact, it doesn't look good.

It doesn’t matter where you have the bubble. The NBA’s bubble is in the biggest hotspot in the country and everything is going as smoothly as possible

The NBA is doing a much better job at present. You're right - The Bubble is the way to go. Do the same with pro football in the fall testing every other day. Neutral setting with an abbreviated season. Sadly, that wouldn't work for college football.

It doesn’t matter where you have the bubble. The NBA’s bubble is in the biggest hotspot in the country and everything is going as smoothly as possible

I was more thinking where would you have an NFL bubble. The NBA's is being held at one Disney resort across three complexes. Easy to lock down. In an NFL setting, where could you pull that kind of complex off?

The NFL should probably just cancel the season as well, and start working to come back in 2022 if there is a vaccine by then.

At least two teams that I know of have had an entire week cancelled, and that's mainly because one of those two (the one who came up from Florida of course) broke out in Corona. And that's not even including the Cardinals.

I really don't see how MLB can put Humpty Dumpty back together again at this point.

They might as well cancel it since no one is watching anyway. Their kneeling, pissing on our flag and national anthem in support of the commie BLM has turned the vast majority of good Americans off.

That's still funny --- a "national anthem" has to play so that eighteen Dominican, Venezuelan, Canadian, Australian, Cuban, Panamanian, Curaçaoan, Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, Brazilian and Mexican players can start a game, in an empty stadium, so that in effect USians are the minority there.

It looks like another mindless season of the Yankees and Dodgers dominating.

So let them cancel the season.
Agree with the last sentence OBVIOUSLY.I been saying that the last few months,have to disagree with you like night and day on the rest of your post though.as I said over on my thread,the only one GOOD thing that comes out of this is with a short sixty game season,you can throw out the advantages that big market teams have over small markets they always have in a long sixty two game season schedule,the reason is in a long sixty game season,the small market teams are not equipped for the long haul of a long season to be competitive with the big market teams.it takes a toll on them.

This year is different though in being only a short sixty game season.This season is like opening day.this is WHY I have always gotten excited over opening day to go see the royals Here in Kansas City every year the last thirty years or so every year.I never got excited about the season knowing they would suck every year but opening day was a differerent story and that is because on opening day,any team can beat any team that day no matter the talent of the teams,it’s a fresh start for everybody.

Well it’s the same way in a short sixty game season.In a short sixty game season,it’s like the good old days in the seventys and eightys when I was growing up where I could enjoy watching the World Series year after year no matter which teams it was because back then,every team had as much an equal shot as going to the World Series as the next guy did which again,is the same thing now with a short sixty game season.ever notice from looking at the sports pages that after the first two months of the season,the small market teams have records as good as the big market teams many times.?

It’s only after the all star break three months later when the small market teams start showing cracks and then start losing game after game not able to keep up with the big boys and that’s because as I said,they just can’t compete with them over the long haul of a season talent wise nit having equal talent to keep,pace with them.well that’s not the case in a short sixty game season,this years World Series can be ANYBODY’S World Series.

Do not be surprised this year to see a World Series between two small market teams like the Milwaukee brewers from the NL league play Against a team like the Minnesota twins or oakland A’s from the American League.I can see that happening since those three teams have all been in the playoffs recently the last couple of years.

At least two teams that I know of have had an entire week cancelled, and that's mainly because one of those two (the one who came up from Florida of course) broke out in Corona. And that's not even including the Cardinals.

I really don't see how MLB can put Humpty Dumpty back together again at this point.

Agreed. Plus with these radical rule changes it’s not even baseball anymore

The NBA is doing a much better job at present. You're right - The Bubble is the way to go. Do the same with pro football in the fall testing every other day. Neutral setting with an abbreviated season. Sadly, that wouldn't work for college football.

It doesn't work for Basketball either.

They tried canceling the Reds season on the assumption that they all must be ill with Covid till the doctor said, "They don't have Covid, they just suck is all."

The NFL should probably just cancel the season as well, and start working to come back in 2022 if there is a vaccine by then.
Amen to that. I been saying the exact same thing your saying for the last couple of months.Its pointless to have a baseball season at all at this point,same with the NFL the fact there is so much contact involved,the world won’t end with no baseball,or football season.lol

As I said in my last post,,the only one good thing that comes out of having a short sixty game baseball season is this year every team has as much an equal chance to get to the World Series as the next guy does just like in the good old days before 1995 when the union made it impossible for the small market teams to have the same equal chance of being competitive year in and year out with the big market teams,unable to compete with them. This year,you can throw all that out the window the advantages big market teams have over small market teams.This year just like in the good old days,everybody has the same equal chance as the next guy,yahoo,

That is why I would prefer that MLB just have a short season like this EVERY baseball season.although sixty games is just a little TOO short for me though.make it a 90 game season having the season start in July and I would be happy.that would be the PERFECT number of games for a baseball season.

Last edited:

They going to play with masks on?

Forum List

Back