MLB and big market teams

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022
MLB views small market teams as an annoyance.

• Banned
The NFL will always be America's favorite sport because its structure gives every team and equal chance at getting to the Super Bowl.

I don't know about all of this. MLB has really expanded into a lot of new areas since I was a kid . You'd think expansion not contraction to just super-cities is their long term plan

Baseball was always my favorite sport. It was the one I was best at (not tall enough for basketball or big enough for football).

I quit attending MLB baseball a few years ago. I do go to the local Independent league games.

I read where the games were 7 minutes too long last year for the powers that be. No one ever went to a park to watch a game and said "I wish this game would hurry up and be over".

Screw them.

Baseball was always my favorite sport. It was the one I was best at (not tall enough for basketball or big enough for football).

I quit attending MLB baseball a few years ago. I do go to the local Independent league games.

I read where the games were 7 minutes too long last year for the powers that be. No one ever went to a park to watch a game and said "I wish this game would hurry up and be over".

Screw them.
i agree....any baseball fan knows how long games usually takes....if one thinks its to long go watch the 6 inning little league games....

• Banned
Baseball is fun to play but boring to watch.

The NFL will always be America's favorite sport because its structure gives every team and equal chance at getting to the Super Bowl.

In person attendance in some sites is pathetic. ATL @ CAR had about 1000? Tickets were even $0.40?

Many sites now are almost always dominated by visiting fans. $20 beers and $50 parking ignored.

But gambling and TV viewership props up the league.

Last edited:
Football is 15 min of action and 2.5 hours of commercials or commentary by MSM shills in many cases. Practically un-watchable.

Go to a game live and the 3-5 min nothing periods are TV commercial breaks throughout the game. Long dead halftimes. 2min warning? Why take so long? Long timeouts doing nothing.

The NFL redzone channel helped to solve the TV commercial and lack of action problem. MLB only does that the last few games when jumping around to Wild Card teams action. 162 long season with East coast not watching west coast at 11PM on worknights too.

I may be overlooking the endless TV replays of every single “activity” almost. Sometimes super slo-mo from five cameras, that does help thedead time in both NFL & MLB. My mistake.

Forum List

Back