MLB All-Star Game yanked from Georgia over voting law

j-mac

Nuthin' but the truth
Oct 8, 2013
South Carolina
NEW YORK (AP) — Atlanta lost Major League Baseball’s summer All-Star Game on Friday over the league’s objections to sweeping changes to Georgia voting laws that critics — including the CEOs of Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines and Coca-Cola — have condemned as being too restrictive.

The decision to pull the July 13 game from Atlanta’s Truist Park amounts to the first economic backlash against Georgia for the voting law that Republican Gov. Brian Kemp quickly signed into law March 25.

Kemp has insisted the law’s critics have mischaracterized what it does...

Clearly Baseball wants to go the way of other sports, alienating their fan base, instead of taking care of business...MLB joins the ranks of other businesses in Atlanta such as Delta, and Coca Cola in embrassing the "Woke" culture today, and insulting half the country....Is this a good move? What say you? Should business have a say in legislation that doesn't have anything to do with their business? And what of liberal progressives who were just 5 minutes ago railing against corporations now defending their actions....?

Are you upset that they are actually against Jim Crow 2.0. It was folks like you that were pissed when they integrated baseball, so it is just par for the course.

Stop making a fool of yourself, their right to vote was never changed by this addition to the law, of which a few states already have similar laws in them.

Also Jim Crow laws was generated and supported by the Democrats for 100 years.

I haven't read the Law in question, if some one can post it or at least a summary then I may put together an opinion

Are you upset that they are actually against Jim Crow 2.0. It was folks like you that were pissed when they integrated baseball, so it is just par for the course.
I don't know. You would need to ask New Yorkers who have had the EXACT same law on the books for years.
Other states too.
But I get it - you can't virtue signal when the home state is one of your own.

Actually, Branch Rickey was a conservative Republican.

The leftists were the ones that opposed breaking the color barrier.

The radical left has taken over America, including corporate America. Everything is about serving the party. Nothing else matters except advancing the interests of the party.

Major league baseball shot itself in the head with this woke move.
Millions now have a very real reason to ignore the sport other than the fact that it is highly over priced.
boring and it's overly long season.

Stop making a fool of yourself, their right to vote was never changed by this addition to the law, of which a few states already have similar laws in them.

Go read the bill dumb ass.

Yep and they are supported by Republicans today.

NEW YORK (AP) — Atlanta lost Major League Baseball’s summer All-Star Game on Friday over the league’s objections to sweeping changes to Georgia voting laws that critics — including the CEOs of Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines and Coca-Cola — have condemned as being too restrictive.

The decision to pull the July 13 game from Atlanta’s Truist Park amounts to the first economic backlash against Georgia for the voting law that Republican Gov. Brian Kemp quickly signed into law March 25.

Clearly Baseball wants to go the way of other sports, alienating their fan base, instead of taking care of business...MLB joins the ranks of other businesses in Atlanta such as Delta, and Coca Cola in embrassing the "Woke" culture today, and insulting half the country....Is this a good move? What say you? Should business have a say in legislation that doesn't have anything to do with their business? And what of liberal progressives who were just 5 minutes ago railing against corporations now defending their actions....?
How does one "embrass" things? Inquiring minds want to know.

I have sir, notice YOU don't make any case.

No the Republicans have not created Jim Crow laws, today Blacks can easily vote, own land, businesses and more that were hard or impossible under Democratic control.

LOLOL.I love it. Just keep doing this shit libturds just keep doing it.

Actually it was white, conservatives that opposed breaking the color barrier.

No...the con-servative Democrats of that time. Since then, the parties have flipped.....as you well know.

I have sir, notice YOU don't make any case.

The case has already been made, if it was such a great law why would folks be protesting it genius?

No the Republicans have not created Jim Crow laws, why the be a big liar?

Yes they have.

How does one "embrass" things? Inquiring minds want to know.
A spell check is all you have? I'd be embrassed too if I were you for that stunt.

Don't watch I am pretty sure that will not stop everyone else from watching.
I haven't been to a major league game in years and years in any event.
Ask Adam Silver if being woke is good for business.

I'm sure "everyone" won't suddenly stop watching. But many will.

Don't watch I am pretty sure that will not stop everyone else from watching.
I haven't been to a major league game in years and years in any event.
Ask Adam Silver if being woke is good for business.

I'm sure "everyone" won't suddenly stop watching. But many will.

Ok and MLB is still thriving, it didn't stop because you stopped.

Major league baseball shot itself in the head with this woke move.
Millions now have a very real reason to ignore the sport other than the fact that it is highly over priced.
boring and it's overly long season.

Yeah politicizing an ENTERTAINMENT venue is a stupid decision.

Now I just found a reason to stop watching the games, which was for Entertainment fun and something to relax with, now I have to put up with politics there, forget it!

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back