Mitt Romney's Garbage Man Speaks Out

You mean security guards would stop you and ask you who you are?! How scandalous! I mean why on earth would security guards stop people who they don't know and question them before entering a building?!

Yeah, how scandalous that security would stop and question a person ON A RETAIL STORE SALES FLOOR because he didn't "look" like everyone else.

But again....maybe they avoided you by going across the street so they didn't "smell" your cigarette smoke! Hey....not just rich people do that. Some people think if they get one little whiff of cig smoke they're going to die of cancer! :)

Yeah, there are a lot of simpletons like that, notably so in California, but they would do it while I wasn't smoking too.

And ahem, let me bring it up. Neiman's isn't on Rodeo Drive. Neimans is a block down from Barney's on Wilshire. Are you confused, or just made the whole thing up.

You are correct. It is indeed on Wilshire, a block or so in from Santa Monica Blvd.

My mistake. As verification, did I describe the parking garage/valet parking pickup/underground ramp correctly?

And ahem, let me bring it up. Neiman's isn't on Rodeo Drive. Neimans is a block down from Barney's on Wilshire. Are you confused, or just made the whole thing up.

You are correct. It is indeed on Wilshire, a block or so in from Santa Monica Blvd.

My mistake. As verification, did I describe the parking garage/valet parking pickup/underground ramp correctly?

No. Neiman's isn't on a corner so there is no side street. It's next to the big store selling formal wear. The Valet parking is in the back behind the store accessible by an alley. There is no parking for Neiman's other than valet parking. If you want to self-park go to another store or parking lot and walk.

The only major store that I can think of that's on a corner with a side street entrance is Saks. It's right on the corner of Wilshire and Peck.

If you think that people in Los Angeles, anywhere in Los Angeles are going to pay attention to you, even to the point of howdy do, you are bound to be disappointed. We just aren't that kind of people. We are the kind of people who don't say hello to the next door neighbors after living in the same place for 20 years.

By Amanda Terkel

The labor union AFSCME is out with a new video featuring Richard Hayes, the man who picks up Mitt Romney's trash at his oceanfront mansion in La Jolla, Calif.

In the spot, Hayes talks about how hard he works in his job each day and criticizes Romney's comments about the 47 percent:

My name is Richard Hayes, and I pick up Mitt Romney's trash. We're kind of like the invisible people. He doesn't realize that the service we provide -- if it wasn't for us, it would be a big health issue, us not picking up trash.

Residents do come out and shake our hands. Sometimes they give us hugs and thank us for the job we're doing, hand us water and Gatorades. Tell us we're doing a good job and keep up the good work. Picking up 15, 16 tons by hand, that takes a toll on your body. When I'm 55, 60 years old, I know my body's gonna be break down [sic]. Mitt Romney doesn't care about that.​

More: Mitt Romney's California Garbage Man On The 47 Percent: 'We're Kind Of Like The Invisible People'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68q28r7m_FU&feature=player_embedded]Meet Richard Hayes. He picks up Mitt Romney's trash. - YouTube[/ame]

I almost feel bad for you 'cause you post some seriously stupid shit.

I have friends that live in the Corridor, their neighbors won't get in the same elevator with them. They'll take another elevator or wait until the car comes back. Of course they wouldn't share an elevator either. It's just courtesy.

By Amanda Terkel

The labor union AFSCME is out with a new video featuring Richard Hayes, the man who picks up Mitt Romney's trash at his oceanfront mansion in La Jolla, Calif.

In the spot, Hayes talks about how hard he works in his job each day and criticizes Romney's comments about the 47 percent:

My name is Richard Hayes, and I pick up Mitt Romney's trash. We're kind of like the invisible people. He doesn't realize that the service we provide -- if it wasn't for us, it would be a big health issue, us not picking up trash.

Residents do come out and shake our hands. Sometimes they give us hugs and thank us for the job we're doing, hand us water and Gatorades. Tell us we're doing a good job and keep up the good work. Picking up 15, 16 tons by hand, that takes a toll on your body. When I'm 55, 60 years old, I know my body's gonna be break down [sic]. Mitt Romney doesn't care about that.​

More: Mitt Romney's California Garbage Man On The 47 Percent: 'We're Kind Of Like The Invisible People'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68q28r7m_FU&feature=player_embedded]Meet Richard Hayes. He picks up Mitt Romney's trash. - YouTube[/ame]

I almost feel bad for you 'cause you post some seriously stupid shit.

I feel bad for him because no one is living at that home in La Jolla. The remodel won't be complete until after the election. What does this garbage man think he's picking up, and from whom?

Apparently, Romney doesn't like the military much, either.

con-vet-score.jpg

In February 2005, Romney filed legislation to increase benefits for Massachusetts National Guard members. Working with the state legislature, Romney developed the "Welcome Home Bill" which provides guardsman with reduced life-insurance premiums and free tuition and fees at Massachusetts universities and community colleges. The bill also increases daily state active-duty pay rate from $75 to $100, and increases the death benefit paid to families of Guard members killed in the line of duty from $5,000 to $100,000. Additionally, the "Welcome Home Bill" creates a $1,000 bonus for Guardsman and reservists called to active duty in Iraq and Afghanistan since the September 11, 2001 attacks and a $500 bonus for those who were activated for duty elsewhere. The legislation provides a $2,000 benefit for Gold Star spouses and increases the Gold Star parents' benefit from $1,500 to $2,000. High school diplomas will also be granted to veterans who dropped out to enlist in World War II, Korea or Vietnam wars. Romney signed the bill into law on Veterans Day 2005.

In a November 3, 2006 press release, Romney stated that the account that funds the insurance benefits created in the "Welcome Home Bill" faced a deficit of $64,000. The Massachusetts legislature was out of session at the time of the shortfall. According to the press release, Romney transferred money from the governor's office budget to cover the deficit.

Working with the legislature, Romney developed legislation to provide tax exemptions to disabled veterans and benefits to families of fallen and missing soldiers. Romney signed the Massachusetts Military Enhanced Relief Individual Tax (MERIT) Plan into law on August 14, 2006. The bill increases property tax exemptions for disabled veterans and grants spouses of veterans killed or missing in action since September 11, 2001 full property tax exemptions for five years. After five years the spouses receive an annual $2,500 exemption under the legislation.

Romney was also the first governor in Massachusetts history to appoint a secretary of veteran's affairs to his cabinet.

Romney's efforts to assist Massachusetts servicemen were recognized by the Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve, which presented him with the Pro Patria Award and the 2006 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award.

Governorship of Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently, Romney doesn't like the military much, either.

con-vet-score.jpg

In February 2005, Romney filed legislation to increase benefits for Massachusetts National Guard members. Working with the state legislature, Romney developed the "Welcome Home Bill" which provides guardsman with reduced life-insurance premiums and free tuition and fees at Massachusetts universities and community colleges. The bill also increases daily state active-duty pay rate from $75 to $100, and increases the death benefit paid to families of Guard members killed in the line of duty from $5,000 to $100,000. Additionally, the "Welcome Home Bill" creates a $1,000 bonus for Guardsman and reservists called to active duty in Iraq and Afghanistan since the September 11, 2001 attacks and a $500 bonus for those who were activated for duty elsewhere. The legislation provides a $2,000 benefit for Gold Star spouses and increases the Gold Star parents' benefit from $1,500 to $2,000. High school diplomas will also be granted to veterans who dropped out to enlist in World War II, Korea or Vietnam wars. Romney signed the bill into law on Veterans Day 2005.

In a November 3, 2006 press release, Romney stated that the account that funds the insurance benefits created in the "Welcome Home Bill" faced a deficit of $64,000. The Massachusetts legislature was out of session at the time of the shortfall. According to the press release, Romney transferred money from the governor's office budget to cover the deficit.

Working with the legislature, Romney developed legislation to provide tax exemptions to disabled veterans and benefits to families of fallen and missing soldiers. Romney signed the Massachusetts Military Enhanced Relief Individual Tax (MERIT) Plan into law on August 14, 2006. The bill increases property tax exemptions for disabled veterans and grants spouses of veterans killed or missing in action since September 11, 2001 full property tax exemptions for five years. After five years the spouses receive an annual $2,500 exemption under the legislation.

Romney was also the first governor in Massachusetts history to appoint a secretary of veteran's affairs to his cabinet.

Romney's efforts to assist Massachusetts servicemen were recognized by the Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve, which presented him with the Pro Patria Award and the 2006 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award.

Governorship of Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

don't worry, they will IGNORE that..and post the stupid cartoon. they have nothing else

The whole Mike Rowe & Mitt Romney thing in Ohio kinda flies in the face of the whole "We're kind of like the invisible people, you know. He doesn't realize, you know, that the service we provide, you know, if it wasn't for us, you know, it would be a big health issue, us not picking up trash." thing.

Mike Rowe lends

"Mike Rowe, as you know, is — well, he's a guy who has made a name for himself by doing things other people don't want to do — really ugly, dirty jobs, like standing with a politician," Romney quipped, getting a laugh from the crowd.

"I personally and honestly believe that we have unintentionally disconnected ourselves in a really fundamental way from the most important part of our workforce," he said. "I'm talking about the men and women who do the kinds of jobs that make civilized life possible for the rest of us."
Pretty sure that includes sanitation workers.

I'm honestly not sure what it is snivelers like Romney's trash collector want and expect us to do. Sanitation workers are SUPPOSED to be unobtrusive. It's one of the things we're paying them so well for. It's always seemed like a fair trade to me: you take care of the messy stuff out of sight, and we'll give you a good salary, good benefits, and job security. Are we supposed to focus a spotlight on our dumpsters and paint them with glitter, so he can feel like a Hollywood starlet on the runway?

I'm a victim!!! I'm a victim!!!

Please ... cry me a river and tell me your sad tale.

"My name is Richard Hayes, and I pick up Mitt Romney's trash," the man says to the camera in the 60-second Web ad. "We're kind of like the invisible people, you know. He doesn't realize, you know, that the service we provide, you know, if it wasn't for us, you know, it would be a big health issue, us not picking up trash."

"Picking up 15, 16 tons by hand, you know that takes a toll on your body," Hayes continued. "When I'm 55, 60 years old, I know my body's going to be break down. Mitt Romney doesn't care about that."

I know my body's going to be break down? Huh? Get a gym membership and shut the fuck up. If you wanted to be 'visible', perhaps you could have gotten a job in retail.

I wonder if this guy has thought about the young nurses who will be breaking their backs lifting his fat over-weight ass when his body's all break down in a hospital bed.

EVERYONE'S body breaks down as they get older. It's a little phenomenon known as AGING. Frankly, his is probably better off in some ways for having had a physically active job, as opposed to some sedentary white-collar desk job.

No, I don't imagine Mitt Romney spends a lot of time "caring" about total strangers getting old. I don't know anyone who does. Mr. Romney pays for the trash pickup service that provides this guy's salary and benefits. How much more is he supposed to "care"?

I get so tired of this bizarre new idea that it's not enough to pay well for goods and services; we're now supposed to spend some undefined amount of time sobbing and beating our breasts over the hardships of the people we're paying for the goods and services, too. :eusa_eh:

The whole Mike Rowe & Mitt Romney thing in Ohio kinda flies in the face of the whole "We're kind of like the invisible people, you know. He doesn't realize, you know, that the service we provide, you know, if it wasn't for us, you know, it would be a big health issue, us not picking up trash." thing.

Mike Rowe lends

"Mike Rowe, as you know, is — well, he's a guy who has made a name for himself by doing things other people don't want to do — really ugly, dirty jobs, like standing with a politician," Romney quipped, getting a laugh from the crowd.

"I personally and honestly believe that we have unintentionally disconnected ourselves in a really fundamental way from the most important part of our workforce," he said. "I'm talking about the men and women who do the kinds of jobs that make civilized life possible for the rest of us."

I'm honestly not sure what it is snivelers like Romney's trash collector want and expect us to do. Sanitation workers are SUPPOSED to be unobtrusive. It's one of the things we're paying them so well for. It's always seemed like a fair trade to me: you take care of the messy stuff out of sight, and we'll give you a good salary, good benefits, and job security. Are we supposed to focus a spotlight on our dumpsters and paint them with glitter, so he can feel like a Hollywood starlet on the runway?

Of course! No reason to worry about the slaves or consider them as fellow human beings, right? After all...we "pay" them to do the dirty work and they should be happy with that!

Thank you, Potiphar's wife.

Last edited:
This video speaks for itself........pathetic......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_x3cGRa_tU]Romney's Garbageman Stars In New Attack Ad - YouTube[/ame]

Kind of reminds of that shit Kanye West said about Bush......

Took about 5 seconds for some mod to merge it into an anti-Romney thread.

Last edited:
I truly thought this was a parody ad when I heard it for the 1st time.
Just count the number of “ya knows” this assclown says during the ad.
Maybe he should have learned to speak better, and make a complete sentence without using the gratuitous “ya know” so much.

Is this what the left is having to do in order to push their class warfare bullshit?

I don’t recall ever bringing my mailman or meter reader a cool glass of water either..in fact my stupid dog barks at them…. does that make me a bad person? If it does… well so be it.

One more thing… my garbage man does not even speak engrish…. WHATS UP WIT DAT MAN???
why make fun of the man's accent?

I hope Mitten does. :)

Mike Rowe lends

Of course! No reason to worry about the slaves or consider them as fellow human beings, right? After all...we "pay" them to do the dirty work and they should be happy with that!

Thank you, Potiphar's wife.

Slaves? SLAVES?! How DARE you devalue that word that way? This kvetching little 'tard isn't a "slave". He has a JOB. He gets paid for it, and pretty damned well for a job that doesn't require any more than a high school diploma. No one stuck chains on him and forced him to apply for that job. No one whips him and makes him go to work every day. Fuck you and your casual disdain for and cynical misuse of the very real suffering of people throughout human history and RIGHT NOW TODAY in some parts of the world.

Slavery in the Modern World — Infoplease.com

That's how leftist Democrats show "caring" and "compassion", folks: by comparing these poor souls to some well-paid garbage collector pissing and moaning because Mitt Romney doesn't "care" about him.

I don't think any more needs to be said, and I sure as shit don't think human garbage like OldGuy DESERVES to have me say anything else to him. He might mistakenly think he's something more than putrid, repulsive filth.

Forum List

Back