Debate Now Mistakes in the 2020 Presidential Election

Covid is just one more objectionable attitude he's got, as far as I'm concerned. Who knows if anyone else could have done better--the other countries in the world, at least some of them, are having trouble again, too. His refusal to listen to the experts is what I blame him for, because it makes him sound like a stupid hack, not the 200,000 deaths. I blame a novel virus for that.

I think the DNC sees Covid as the best ammunition against him, but I'm not sure about that at all. People are sick to death of Covid, of restrictions, of being scared. Some will welcome his message just because they want it to be true. And if Biden becomes President, will it make a difference in Covid deaths? I doubt anything will lower them much until we have a vaccine, no matter who our leader is. To me, Trump's hateful attitude toward immigrants and refugees is just as bad, and his frightening refusal to listen to briefings, or even advisors on a whole host of issues. And his propaganda against the media. His divisiveness. His crass, classless behavior. He's brought no dignity or respect to the office or to our country. People respect the long tradition of the office, but not him.

You can keep thinking that Covid is the big key to success here, but I disagree.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
10,000 in PA Trump rally yesterday.

If Biden has made mistakes, it's too late now. I'm going to be really REALLY disappointed if Trump gets another term, but for the first time, I'm beginning to have that conversation with myself. How life will go on and the country will survive and all that. The incumbent usually wins and a good economy is always a clincher. No one is looking at the half woken economy now, they know it was a lot better a year ago. And no one blames the shutdown on Trump. We insisted on it.

I'm scared, Auntie Em.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Covid is just one more objectionable attitude he's got, as far as I'm concerned. Who knows if anyone else could have done better--the other countries in the world, at least some of them, are having trouble again, too. His refusal to listen to the experts is what I blame him for, because it makes him sound like a stupid hack, not the 200,000 deaths. I blame a novel virus for that.

I think the DNC sees Covid as the best ammunition against him, but I'm not sure about that at all. People are sick to death of Covid, of restrictions, of being scared. Some will welcome his message just because they want it to be true. And if Biden becomes President, will it make a difference in Covid deaths? I doubt anything will lower them much until we have a vaccine, no matter who our leader is. To me, Trump's hateful attitude toward immigrants and refugees is just as bad, and his frightening refusal to listen to briefings, or even advisors on a whole host of issues. And his propaganda against the media. His divisiveness. His crass, classless behavior. He's brought no dignity or respect to the office or to our country. People respect the long tradition of the office, but not him.

You can keep thinking that Covid is the big key to success here, but I disagree.

Its the most effective tool since it forces the conversation to be about Trump. But I think he's deployed it in a way that was not optimal.

10,000 in PA Trump rally yesterday.

If Biden has made mistakes, it's too late now. I'm going to be really REALLY disappointed if Trump gets another term, but for the first time, I'm beginning to have that conversation with myself. How life will go on and the country will survive and all that. The incumbent usually wins and a good economy is always a clincher. No one is looking at the half woken economy now, they know it was a lot better a year ago. And no one blames the shutdown on Trump. We insisted on it.

I'm scared, Auntie Em.

My disappointment won't be having Trump as President really...it will be that a plurality of Americans likely put him there. I mean...how many lies do you have to be told before you begin to get suspicious about the guy telling you the lies?

Its the most effective tool since it forces the conversation to be about Trump. But I think he's deployed it in a way that was not optimal.
No argument there.

(CNN)Voters are divided over the top issues in their vote for president, according to the preliminary results of a nationwide CNN exit poll.
About one-third called the economy their most critical issue, while roughly 1 in 5 citing racial inequality and about 1 in 6 named the coronavirus pandemic as most important to their vote. Roughly 1 in 10 each cited health care policy and crime and violence as their top issue.
Even though more cited the economy than coronavirus as their most important issue in choosing a candidate, a narrow majority say that the nation's priority now should be containing the coronavirus over rebuilding the economy.

Toldja. I'm not happy about it, either.

Forum List

Back