Missouri Senate green-lights ANOTHER strict abortion bill as lawmakers follow Alabama's near-...

-total ban with cutoff at eight weeks of pregnancy

Missouri's Republican-led Senate has passed a wide-ranging bill to ban abortions at eight weeks of pregnancy, acting only hours after Alabama's governor signed a near-total abortion ban into law.

The Missouri bill needs another vote of approval in the GOP-led House before it can go to Republican Gov. Mike Parson, who voiced support for an earlier version Wednesday.

It includes exceptions for medical emergencies, but not for pregnancies caused by rape or incest. Doctors would face five to 15 years in prison for violating the eight-week cutoff. Women who receive abortions wouldn't be prosecuted.

Republican Senate handler Sen. Andrew Koenig described it on Thursday as 'one of the strongest' abortion bills yet passed in the U.S.

Missouri U.S. Senator Josh Hawley, a conservative who replaced liberal Claire McCaskill this year, said Thursday on 'Fox & Friends' that the wave of abortion bills is a backlash against more and more permissive laws that have gone over the edge.

'It’s a direct response … to the extremism we’ve seen in places like New York and Virginia,' Hawley said.

'It's just incredible the extremism that we're seeing. And I think you're seeing these states responding.'

'Democrat politicians are actually advocating abortion in the final weeks of pregnancy,' Hawley said. 'These are policies … that only a few countries in the world – like Iran, like China – allow. We’ve got to stop this kind of extremism.'

Hawley said he believes Roe v. Wade was 'wrongly decided,' and that individual states should be free to make their own reproductive rights laws.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

ENOUGH of the unethical, immoral, and unprincipled injustice of a failed SCOTUS decision that has lasted WAY TO LONG.....Good citizens are fed up with BABY KILLING, and the DeathRATS new pushes to kill babies up to and AFTER THEY ARE BORN has been a catalyst for a renewed policy push against the ABNORMALS!!!
Republicans have declared all out war on women's rights.
Women rights versus murdering babies....we know where you scum fall...death compared to inconvenience!!!....Pitiful ABNORMALS!!!
Do you think its ok when babies go hungry because you cut the saftey net? Or get sick because you cut their healthcare?

lol. Better contraception at lower cost!

only the right wing has a problem with it.

Been free for decades. Get informed, loon
why does the right wing have an abortion problem?

We don't like the murdering of the most innocent of all....loon
contraception is free; if you subsidize something you get more of it, right wingers.

You're hella uninformed and annoying. Stop interjecting in threads you have no idea Wtf you're blabbering about
special pleading on one way streets means nothing.

Been free for decades. Get informed, loon

contraception is free; if you subsidize something you get more of it, right wingers.

You're hella uninformed and annoying. Stop interjecting in threads you have no idea Wtf you're blabbering about

It was a directive...not pleading

i borrowed it from your welfare rhetoric, right wingers.

i borrowed it from your welfare rhetoric, right wingers.

You're ignorant...there's that.

I doubt anyone takes you serious...I know I don't. You seem afraid you're going to be cut off from the govrrnment teat

Forum List

Back