missouri couple pointed fire arms at blmmers wants guns back

i didnt say he didnt do it i said he didnt go to every house.
Well he was never perfect, was he? My friends in the military at that time said they personally did not confiscate, but were used in support and backup with individual and crew served weapons mounted, locked and loaded while NOPD and State police did most of the confiscating. Still, it was Bush that put them into that position, paid them to be there on Federal duty and it did not go down easy with many of them, as they thought they were being sent to help, not be part of a gun grab.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, heard it all my life. I just only have seen Republicans do actual gun grabbing, where the guns actually changed hands, from the people who had normal possession to government authorities taking them.
Seriously though, If you are in a state, that passes a law as you describe, you should move, until it is struck down by the Supreme Court. In lots of states, including TN, you don't actually have to have a permit to carry a gun anymore and certainly are not restricted from defending yourself with one, if attacked.
Oh, and pardon me. Nice to meet a lady.
tennessee rules

Well he was never perfect, was he? My friends in the military at that time said they personally did not confiscate, but were used in support and backup with individual and crew served weapons mounted, locked and loaded while NOPD and State police did most of the confiscating. Still, it was Bush that put them into that position, paid them to be there on Federal duty and it did not go down easy with many of them, as they thought they were being sent to help, not be part of a gun grab.
no one l;ikes the bushes anyone how. expseically after they dragged us into dessert storm for their own self intrests. back to the couple . hope they get their guns back.

no one l;ikes the bushes anyone how. expseically after they dragged us into dessert storm for their own self intrests. back to the couple . hope they get their guns back.
In looking that up again, for this thread, I noticed two things. Most of the reports, (far more easily found for more national and weighty sources) have been scrubbed from the internet, since even two years ago to not come up on a simple search. Makes me think, you will only find them with a Lexus Nexis search in another 5 years. Not surprising, as the government doesn't like it out there. I am certain the National Guard doesn't like it out there, etc, etc.
The other thing I found was the resolution of lawsuits by the NRA, the gun owners and others against the governments (state and Federal) were settled and there was a promise to return the guns that were grabbed to "legitimate" owners. So, some returned, some not, probably dependent on if the owner could prove ownership. Many of these people did not get receipts for their weapons.
All I can say, is if you have weapons that may be hard to prove you are the actual owner, you need an inventory and a way to prove they were in your inventory, at the very least. I have mine listed on file with pictures (in case stolen). The file I sent to myself on paper and on CD in a registered letter and the registerd letter is unopened and in my safety deposit box. Again if the government takes my weapons during an "emergency" and I had to sue by myself, not as part of a class action, I probably do not have the weapons in quantity or value, or the marginal funds to justify the expense of a lawsuit on my own. Guess I would have to evaluate the nature of the "emergency" to see whether I would be willing to give them up in the first place at my age.

Forum List

Back