Minnesota: Rape is not rape if you have been drinking of your own free will.

What is wrong in Minnesota? So many really bad stories out of Minnesota. George Floyd, Justine Damond, Philandro Castilo and now we have this. Minnesota law states that it's not rape if the person has voluntarily been drinking on their own. What kind of warped people pass such a law?

A Minnesota man can’t be charged with rape, because the woman chose to drink beforehand, court rules
So, what about people who are sedated in hospitals after consenting to treatment? Cool for the orderlies to have their way with them?
The hospital is the guarantor of the safety of helpless patients.

No one is the guarantor of safety for any one getting drunk and looking to party.

Again, let's go to the article;

" She “blacked out” instead, waking up on a couch and found that the man she had just met was allegedly sexually assaulting her, according to court records. "

So, I think it is pretty clear that she didn't have the capacity to consent to sex....

Or she didn't remember when she did. Black out means blacked out- you don't remember what you did during that time.

You see, I have questions about this. She was there with her friend. What did her friend do when all this was going on?

How drunk was the guy? If they were both drunk out of their minds, then yes, I think there is less culpability than if she was sloppy drunk and he was sober as a judge.

What was the physical evidence? Because Khalil (the man involved) said he had no memory of having sex with her. Was DNA involved at all?

Now, not withstanding that the girl was drinking underage, she did 5 shots of vodka, and took a prescription pill, now what was that pill? Because depending on the drug, on top of a fair amount of liquor, in a short amout of time, I would say she passed out....And clearly they didn't "get drunk together", as the article points out she was standing outside the bar, and this guy showed up to invite her to a party.....All kinds of red flags there....

IF the woman lost consciousness and the man had sex with her without her consent, that would be rape.

" She “blacked out” instead, waking up on a couch and found that the man she had just met was allegedly sexually assaulting her, according to court records. "

To my mind, the question is, was she unconscious or just not remembering?

Under current law, any drunkenness puts the man at risk for arrest, no matter how willing the woman was at the time.

That is obviously what the law in question was written to deal with.

Did she really "wake up"? Or just start remembering?

Doesn't matter. The only question is weather she had the capacity to consent, and if she was blacked out, the answer is no.

Bullshit. Drinking together followed by consensual sex is part of the normal mating rituals in our society.

Criminalizing normal behavior, is just an avenue for tyranny and oppression.

I thought we covered this. They weren't "drinking together"... According to the article the girls were outside the bar, who illegally served minors, and the guy drove up and invited them to a non existent party...

That was stupid of her, but the intent was obviously there on her part, ie to go continuing getting fucked up, now with a guy involved.

What is wrong in Minnesota? So many really bad stories out of Minnesota. George Floyd, Justine Damond, Philandro Castilo and now we have this. Minnesota law states that it's not rape if the person has voluntarily been drinking on their own. What kind of warped people pass such a law?

A Minnesota man can’t be charged with rape, because the woman chose to drink beforehand, court rules

Don’t forget Congressmen who drag women around by their ankles while swearing at them.

So, I think it is pretty clear that she didn't have the capacity to consent to sex....

Or she didn't remember when she did. Black out means blacked out- you don't remember what you did during that time.

You see, I have questions about this. She was there with her friend. What did her friend do when all this was going on?

How drunk was the guy? If they were both drunk out of their minds, then yes, I think there is less culpability than if she was sloppy drunk and he was sober as a judge.

What was the physical evidence? Because Khalil (the man involved) said he had no memory of having sex with her. Was DNA involved at all?

Good points, however we don't have answers to those questions, so I'll stick with what we do know. And, until more comes out, it looks like he preyed on drunk girls.

Now, not withstanding that the girl was drinking underage, she did 5 shots of vodka, and took a prescription pill, now what was that pill? Because depending on the drug, on top of a fair amount of liquor, in a short amout of time, I would say she passed out....And clearly they didn't "get drunk together", as the article points out she was standing outside the bar, and this guy showed up to invite her to a party.....All kinds of red flags there....

IF the woman lost consciousness and the man had sex with her without her consent, that would be rape.

Under current law, any drunkenness puts the man at risk for arrest, no matter how willing the woman was at the time.

Doesn't matter. The only question is weather she had the capacity to consent, and if she was blacked out, the answer is no.

Bullshit. Drinking together followed by consensual sex is part of the normal mating rituals in our society.

I thought we covered this. They weren't "drinking together"... According to the article the girls were outside the bar, who illegally served minors, and the guy drove up and invited them to a non existent party...

That was stupid of her, but the intent was obviously there on her part, ie to go continuing getting fucked up, now with a guy involved.

Yep, poor decision...doesn't give the guy a free pass.

Nope. But if she gave consent while appearing in control of herself, should.

Really? Please show me that from the article..

Going to someone's house to party after you are already drunk already kind of implies consent.
Implies consent? Are you kidding? So if you go to a friend's party after being legally intoxicated at 0.08% BAC, you are implying consent for someone to stick their penis in your asshole? That doesn't seem like something you would believe or defend.

Last edited:
The law as it stands, right now, is that a man and a woman get drunk together and have consensual sex, the woman can after the fact decide it was rape, adn the man goes to prison.

That is an injustice
That is the main point of the whole story. I dont understand why people here dont want to accept it.

Really? Please show me that from the article..

The article did not cover it.

Standard poor reporting, to leave out the actual crux of the case.

Wow. Go over that cliff on your own.
I wasn't saying i agree with that or believe it. Settle down. It was to illustrate the absurdity that getting drunk implies consent for someone to stick their penis in your asshole. Get it?

The law as it stands, right now, is that a man and a woman get drunk together and have consensual sex, the woman can after the fact decide it was rape, adn the man goes to prison.

That is an injustice
That is the main point of the whole story. I dont understand why people here dont want to accept it.

Well the article is poorly written. It is does not address whether the woman gave consent or not.

Wow. Go over that cliff on your own.
I wasn't saying i agree with that or believe it. Settle down. It was to illustrate the absurdity that getting drunk implies consent for someone to stick their penis in your asshole. Get it?

One shouldn't have to present extreme cases for people to understand.
It suddenly makes sense:

Context: Francios Momolu Khalil in 2017 picked up a woman from a Minneapolis bar and took her back to his home. The woman "blacked out" on Khalil's couch and woke up to find him allegedly sexually assaulting her, per The Post.

Wow women are second class citizens in that state. Unfortunately we women are second class citizens in too many states.
You’re always a victim, eh Dana? Pretty pathetic

Going to someone's house to party after you are already drunk already kind of implies consent.
Implies consent? Are you kidding? So if you go to a friend's party after being legally intoxicated at 0.08% BAC, you are implying consent for someone to stick their penis in your asshole?
The girl did not go to a friend's party. They went with a stranger who lied. To answer your question yes. Get voluntarily drunk and go off with a stranger is consent to put his penis in your asshole.

The girl did not go to a friend's party
Irrelevant to my comment. I was responding to the comments of another poster. But i will remember that you having a BAC of 0.08% means you are telling the world it is okay to stick their organs in your orifices. Hey, whatever floats your boat. Put it on Facebook, you will get more action that way.

Forum List

Back