Minnesota AG Keith Ellison May Have Just Screwed Up Case Against George Floyd Cops

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
Pj Media

Minnesota AG Keith Ellison May Have Just Screwed Up Case Against George Floyd Cops

BY VICTORIA TAFT JUN 06, 2020

Excerpt:

I’m no legal expert, but I wondered to myself if Keith Ellison hadn’t overcharged the cop who killed George Floyd. Now there’s someone much smarter than I who agrees.

Andy McCarthy, who writes for National Review, is a former federal prosecutor and has been a trusted guest on my radio show for the better part of 20 years. He believes Ellison might have just colossally screwed up his case against the cops. My words, not his. McCarthy called Ellison’s amended charges “dangerously flawed.”

Overcharging is tantamount to over-promising. It’s perceived as overly punitive and less thoughtful in some cases. Sure, everyone’s angry. Sure, Floyd’s death appears to be criminal. But you’ve got to be able to prove what you charge.

Ellison may have just Peter Principled himself out of this prosecution.

Police officer Derek Chauvin took a knee on the neck of George Floyd for nearly nine minutes. The hold on his neck, not part of any police training, killed Floyd. Floyd, who had drugs in his system and a heart condition, panicked and couldn’t breathe.

Initially, the local district attorney took a long look at the evidence and charged Chauvin with third-degree murder, alleging Chauvin had depraved indifference to human life, but didn’t conspire to kill Floyd.

LINK

I said that the moment he upped the charge to the non-applicable 2nd degree murder.

He's not a dope, so he has to be angling for something.

I think he IS a dope because of his beliefs, virulently political Leftist Keith Ellison, who is well supported financially by leftist scum Soros.

Those two wants to tear down the Republic, usher in a communist state.

To me that is a sign of mental illness.

I said that the moment he upped the charge to the non-applicable 2nd degree murder.

He's not a dope, so he has to be angling for something.

I think he IS a dope because of his beliefs, virulently political Leftist Keith Ellison, who is well supported financially by leftist scum Soros.

Those two wants to tear down the Republic, usher in a communist state.

To me that is a sign of mental illness.
That just makes him evil, not a dope.

George Floyd was murdered to start the riots! That was the democrat goal! There's an election coming up.

Who murders somebody while 10 people are recording you? (unless you WANT it recorded). And the cop KNEW he was being recorded!

Now to get the riots going again just weeks before the election...they will let the cop walk free! It's all in the timing!

Pj Media

BY VICTORIA TAFT JUN 06, 2020

Excerpt:

I’m no legal expert, but I wondered to myself if Keith Ellison hadn’t overcharged the cop who killed George Floyd. Now there’s someone much smarter than I who agrees.

Andy McCarthy, who writes for National Review, is a former federal prosecutor and has been a trusted guest on my radio show for the better part of 20 years. He believes Ellison might have just colossally screwed up his case against the cops. My words, not his. McCarthy called Ellison’s amended charges “dangerously flawed.”

Overcharging is tantamount to over-promising. It’s perceived as overly punitive and less thoughtful in some cases. Sure, everyone’s angry. Sure, Floyd’s death appears to be criminal. But you’ve got to be able to prove what you charge.

Ellison may have just Peter Principled himself out of this prosecution.

Police officer Derek Chauvin took a knee on the neck of George Floyd for nearly nine minutes. The hold on his neck, not part of any police training, killed Floyd. Floyd, who had drugs in his system and a heart condition, panicked and couldn’t breathe.

Initially, the local district attorney took a long look at the evidence and charged Chauvin with third-degree murder, alleging Chauvin had depraved indifference to human life, but didn’t conspire to kill Floyd.

LINK
It is not unexpected for this to occur on purpose.

George Floyd was murdered to start the riots! That was the democrat goal! There's an election coming up.

Who murders somebody while 10 people are recording you? (unless you WANT it recorded). And the cop KNEW he was being recorded!

Now to get the riots going again just weeks before the election...they will let the cop walk free! It's all in the timing!
Do you also do astrology prognostications for politicians?
Politicans like this idiot is simply covering for the system in place that likes to abuse its power.

Do you also do astrology prognostications for politicians?
Politicans like this idiot is simply covering for the system in place that likes to abuse its power.

Ellison knows exactly what he's doing...this is intentional!

Mark my words...just weeks before the election all 4 cops will walk free...the riots will be even worse & they will try to pin it all on Trump.

Obvious democrat filth is is obvious!

Honest question, cuz I really don't know the answer: some states and jurisdictions allow the judge or jury to reduce the charge, no? Could a Minnesota court find the cop not guilty of 2nd degree murder and instead convict him of 3rd degree? I really don' want to see the cop walk out of the court room a free man because the prosecution couldn't prove intent.

Other possibilities, after all the fuss dies down: Ellison himself reduces the charge, or the cop takes a plea deal for a lesser charge. And of course in either case the MSM won't tell us about that.

Could a Minnesota court find the cop not guilty of 2nd degree murder and instead convict him of 3rd degree?

I've seen it done before but I can't remember what state it was in...where a jury said no to a murder charge but did find him guilty on manslaughter and other lesser crimes.

Forum List

Back