Minimum Wage Laws Kill Jobs

Considering he did it for contracts the amount of work being done doesn't change so the idea that it kills jobs is unsubstantiated.

Mainly a symbolic move. Most employees of contractors get more than minimum wage. So it will have little effect on these employees.

Likewise, there is guaranteed demand in a federal contract. So there will be no job loss.

In the private sector, we should be honest about the subject. Yes there will be some job loss, but at the same time, some of the working poor will see their pay increase.

When you increase the cost of something, you lessen demand. That's the main idea behind sin taxes. But, increasing the cost of labor doesn't affect the demand for labor and/or increase costs?

You should be paid what your worth. If you arn't worth shit, you shouldn't be paid shit - that should be between you, and your employer.

The illegal alien infiltrators have negatively influenced wages big time. If you dumbocrats really cared about wages, you would be against that infestation - your so full of shit :eusa_whistle:

Making it mandatory for a emloyer to pay a wage to someone regardless of whether or not they are worth it is extortion. The government needs to stop extorting small business; the backbone of America, and let business do what it is good at - productivity!

I read the piece you linked. Where is the rest of the article and supporting documentation? Or do you just do opinion pieces? Seeing as how the USA is not the EU, there should be lots of info on how our current minimum wages have caused the economic slowdown we are currently experiencing.

Here I thought is was job loss and asset loss that caused the economy to collapse. Now I know it was those folks making $7.50 an hour. If only they had been making 2 dollars an hour, we wouldn't have there problems.

Is that what you're saying?

My error. I went from the original post I saw to the CATO link without adding the original link. I'll try to find it again.

Raising the minimum wage doesn't stimulate the economy any more than robbing a bank and spending the money. Small business owners will get the shaft so that democrats can pander for votes and franchise establishments will lay off workers.

Longknife, your thread is getting it's ass kicked. Where are you? Researching?

No. As I stated in the sleep thread, I was taking a brief nap holding my Chihuahua. And, gotta go out in a few minutes and won't get back to this until probably tomorrow morning. :eek:

I think a point is to be made - it doesn't center on the USA!! I deals with OTHER countries and compares those with and without minimum wage.

So, quit calling it a Republican versus Democrat thread. :(

[/QUOTE]When you increase the cost of something, you lessen demand. That's the main idea behind sin taxes. But, increasing the cost of labor doesn't affect the demand for labor and/or increase costs?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the demand for Big Macs would be lessened with a cost increase, but not the demand for a federal contract.

India doesn't have a minimum wage
China doesn't have a minimum wage
Most of Africa

See it isn't moral for the little bit of butt snapping action you will get out of it. Butt snapping action as the person forced to do it to survive is using his energy to do just that instead of creating idea's. Double edge sword.

You should be paid what your worth. If you arn't worth shit, you shouldn't be paid shit - that should be between you, and your employer.

The illegal alien infiltrators have negatively influenced wages big time. If you dumbocrats really cared about wages, you would be against that infestation - your so full of shit :eusa_whistle:

Making it mandatory for a emloyer to pay a wage to someone regardless of whether or not they are worth it is extortion. The government needs to stop extorting small business; the backbone of America, and let business do what it is good at - productivity!

That's why I only have one employee, me. And I'm a tyrant to work for, and I pay what I'm worth. :)

Raising the minimum wage doesn't stimulate the economy any more than robbing a bank and spending the money. Small business owners will get the shaft so that democrats can pander for votes and franchise establishments will lay off workers.

So your saying that historically this min wage has always destroyed jobs, like in 2008? When the rich bastards went bankrupt and needed taxpayers to bail them out so they could stay in business to bitch about paying min wage?
When I ran my company I always paid more than min. wage, even new hires with no experience. You see I wasn't just working to support myself but other families and I knew my help would leave if I were a penny pinching asshole that treated people like wage slaves.

Last edited:

That's why I only have one employee, me. And I'm a tyrant to work for, and I pay what I'm worth. :)

I am too now, you should see me cuss myself out for doing something wrong.

By Steve H. Hanke
President Obama set the chattering classes abuzz after his unilateral announcement to raise the minimum wage for newly hired Federal contract workers. During his State of the Union address, he sang the praises for his action, saying that “It’s good for the economy; it’s good for America.”[1] Yet this conclusion doesn’t pass the economic smell test; just look at the data from Europe.

Okay, so don't confront the messenger – read the piece and then jump in. Read more @ Minimum Wage Laws Kill Jobs | Cato @ Liberty

:eek:

Cato are are well known hacks. Their chart proves nothing -- high unemployment in some EU countries has nothing to do with minimum wage. What Cato does is not a science, it's a fraud.

Maybe the demand for Big Macs would be lessened with a cost increase, but not the demand for a federal contract.

Most who accept Federal contracts don't have many minimum wage jobs as the demands are too specialized for beginning workers to fulfil.

You are Sovereign as we all are or at least should be.

By Steve H. Hanke
President Obama set the chattering classes abuzz after his unilateral announcement to raise the minimum wage for newly hired Federal contract workers. During his State of the Union address, he sang the praises for his action, saying that “It’s good for the economy; it’s good for America.”[1] Yet this conclusion doesn’t pass the economic smell test; just look at the data from Europe.

Okay, so don't confront the messenger – read the piece and then jump in. Read more @ Minimum Wage Laws Kill Jobs | Cato @ Liberty

:eek:

Well no it doesn't.

It CREATES jobs.

Which is not what the folks you swear fealty to, want.

A tight labor market DRIVES up the cost of labor.

It is the single parent trying to raise their children that are harmed the most from taking away minimum wage.

That presupposes that a single mother doesn't have the skills or the experience to earn more than minimum wage. Not a surprise that a low IQ mouth breather is such a bigoted clown. You add nothing to a conversation, trollboy. You gotta go!

Forum List

Back