Minimum Wage Laws Kill Jobs

You should be paid what your worth. If you arn't worth shit, you shouldn't be paid shit - that should be between you, and your employer.

The illegal alien infiltrators have negatively influenced wages big time. If you dumbocrats really cared about wages, you would be against that infestation - your so full of shit :eusa_whistle:

Making it mandatory for a emloyer to pay a wage to someone regardless of whether or not they are worth it is extortion. The government needs to stop extorting small business; the backbone of America, and let business do what it is good at - productivity!

That's why I only have one employee, me. And I'm a tyrant to work for, and I pay what I'm worth. :)

You are Sovereign as we all are or at least should be.

Basically that's bullshit.

Yeah..you are free to go live in the wilderness if you like.

But who wants to do that?

Maybe the demand for Big Macs would be lessened with a cost increase, but not the demand for a federal contract.

Most who accept Federal contracts don't have many minimum wage jobs as the demands are too specialized for beginning workers to fulfil.

That's why I said Obama's action is nothing more than symbolic. The people working on federal contracts already get paid more than minimum wage. The president's executive order does nothing.

Maybe the demand for Big Macs would be lessened with a cost increase, but not the demand for a federal contract.

Most who accept Federal contracts don't have many minimum wage jobs as the demands are too specialized for beginning workers to fulfil.

That's why I said Obama's action is nothing more than symbolic. The people working on federal contracts already get paid more than minimum wage. The president's executive order does nothing.

Sturm and drung.

Minimum wage dles nothing but keep the poor poor lust what the liberals want

tapatalk post

There's truth to that:

"President Barack Obama and fellow Democrats have asserted the need for a $10.10 per hour minimum wage. But a new study suggests that such an increase could have adverse consequences on the very population such an increase seeks to mobilize.

As part of a study from the Employment Policies Institute, Dr. Joseph Sabia, a professor at San Diego State University, analyzed data from the Census Bureau to examine minimum wage increases in instances where the economy is thriving and in a recession. When examining data from 1990 and 2010 — the last three minimum wage increases — Sabia found that a 10 percent increase in the federal minimum wage has a substantial affect on less-educated young workers, with employment reducing as much as 2.3 percent.

“Minimum wage increases fail to reduce overall poverty rates or to reduce the poverty rates among workers,” Sabia said Thursday at a panel hosted by American Action Forum and the Employment Policies Institute.

President Obama issued an executive order Tuesday to raise the minimum wage for those working under federal contracts to $10.10 per hour, a 40 percent increase from the current level of $7.25 per hour. And a bill introduced by Rep. George Miller (D-Calif.) and Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) last year would raise the federal minimum wage to the same level. The proposal is one supported by many Democrats who feel that raising the minimum wage would help lessen income inequality and lift many out of poverty.

“Americans are hard working and the productivity has soared, but their paychecks have not kept pace,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in a speech earlier this month. “Stagnant wages and widening income inequality is hurting families, holding back our economy and eroding the basic American principle of respecting work.”

Pelosi, continued, saying raising the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour would “give a long overdue raise to 28 million hardworking men and women,” create 85,000 new jobs and lift more than 4.5 million Americans out of poverty.

But Sabia’s findings speak to the contrary.

He found that an increase in the federal minimum wage does little to help those living in poverty. As cost for low-skilled labor increases with a minimum wage increase, hours for workers can be cut and jobs lost. Additionally, such an increase raises the price of goods for consumers and could cause companies to look toward technology to take the place of human beings. For example, instead of employing workers as cashiers in a grocery store, businesses may turn to self-checkout lanes instead.

..."

Study finds minimum wage increase hurts young, poor

It is the single parent trying to raise their children that are harmed the most from taking away minimum wage.

That presupposes that a single mother doesn't have the skills or the experience to earn more than minimum wage. Not a surprise that a low IQ mouth breather is such a bigoted clown. You add nothing to a conversation, trollboy. You gotta go!

You got to go moron. You'd allow that parent and her children to live on the streets.

Soulless fuck.

It is the single parent trying to raise their children that are harmed the most from taking away minimum wage.

That presupposes that a single mother doesn't have the skills or the experience to earn more than minimum wage. Not a surprise that a low IQ mouth breather is such a bigoted clown. You add nothing to a conversation, trollboy. You gotta go!

You got to go moron. You'd allow that parent and her children to live on the streets.

Soulless fuck.

LMAO! Got caught exposing your misogynist hate and all you have to defend yourself is profanity and lies. Confirms you're a troll and deserve to live out your life on my ignore list.

Buhbye!

Soulless fuck.

LMAO! Got caught exposing your misogynist hate and all you have to defend yourself is profanity and lies. Confirms you're a troll and deserve to live out your life on my ignore list.

Buhbye!

Fuck off and thank god I am going on your ignore list.

Misogynist hate? Really? Single parents are in fact the ones that would be effected by your slave labor that you wish for.

You don't bat a eye at the single mother or father choosing between a slice of breed or the electric bill. Heck, you make excuses.

I hope you never end up in this position. I doubt it as you're well off in shit or just dumb.

Regulations and minimum wage is the reasons we have high level standards from poor to middle class.

Wonder why businesses offsource??? As they want slave labor and your idea's will do that to America. Obama's plan to favor American businesses is the one to follow.

What do you think laborers do?

Obviously they labor. What do you think they do?

Laborers are unskilled workers and min wage is paid in right to work jobs in those states.
I live in a prevailing wage state, as a commercial mason I could make 43 bucks an hour on a govt.job before Congress decided(2006)that I was not to be paid the entire 43 but my normal 21 bucks and hour and the remaining hourly wage was put into an account I could not touch unless I wanted to pay a penalty on it.

Last edited:
So your saying that historically this min wage has always destroyed jobs, like in 2008?

You might be right about 2008.

"The Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 is a US Act of Congress that amended the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to gradually raise the federal minimum wage from $5.15 per hour to $7.25 per hour."

Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nah, obviously it's a coincidence.

:eusa_whistle:

nah, job and min wage historically have not lost jobs, during the 1940-60's a 90% tax rate didn't kill jobs either. If your a multi billion dollar industry paying low wages and only working people part time to keep from giving benefits then that company should be ashamed.

What do you think laborers do?

Obviously they labor. What do you think they do?

Laborers are unskilled workers and min wage is paid in right to work jobs in those states.
I live in a prevailing wage state, as a commercial mason I could make 43 bucks an hour on a govt.job before Congress decided(2006)that I was not to be paid the entire 43 but my normal 21 bucks and hour and the remaining hourly wage was put into an account I could not touch unless I wanted to pay a penalty on it.

Ah, so you're changing the subject from workers on Federal contracts to...what? Laborers? Just random workers?

Thanks, but I'm not interested in following you down your rabbit hole. And, while your story was interesting, your normal 21 bucks is NOT an example of minimum wage.

So your saying that historically this min wage has always destroyed jobs, like in 2008?

You might be right about 2008.

"The Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 is a US Act of Congress that amended the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to gradually raise the federal minimum wage from $5.15 per hour to $7.25 per hour."

Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nah, obviously it's a coincidence.

:eusa_whistle:

nah, job and min wage historically have not lost jobs, during the 1940-60's a 90% tax rate didn't kill jobs either. If your a multi billion dollar industry paying low wages and only working people part time to keep from giving benefits then that company should be ashamed.

And again, you change the subject...that you created in YOUR post about 2008. Thanks, but if you're not going to be serious, there's no point in pursing this.

Soulless fuck.

Go live in China it suits you better then s free country

tapatalk post

Soulless fuck.

Go live in China it suits you better then s free country

tapatalk post

China is the country that doesn't have a minimum wage. So look who's talking.

By Steve H. Hanke
President Obama set the chattering classes abuzz after his unilateral announcement to raise the minimum wage for newly hired Federal contract workers. During his State of the Union address, he sang the praises for his action, saying that “It’s good for the economy; it’s good for America.”[1] Yet this conclusion doesn’t pass the economic smell test; just look at the data from Europe.

Okay, so don't confront the messenger – read the piece and then jump in. Read more @ Minimum Wage Laws Kill Jobs | Cato @ Liberty

:eek:

Raising the min wage is only going to cause everything to go up. It is not going to help the people since after their wage gets higher they have to pay for things at a higher price and more companies will not hire.

Forum List

Back