Minimum wage is already “livable”

Yes I get that. But pointing a people making minimum wage and telling them to move where they can do that and hey, don't have kids is not going to work. So maybe rejoin us in reality.

So you are saying people should be able to afford to live wherever they choose? That is not tenable. I could tell my employer that I am moving to Beverly Hills and I want a cost of living raise. I am pretty sure I know how that would go over.

The problem with everybody making more money is what we are experiencing today, and that is everything costs more. You're really no further ahead. It creates inflation as we are seeing today.

People do get paid what they are worth. A job pays X amount of money and benefits, and an employer can get one of several people willing to take the job. That's what you are worth, and CEO, management or other executives are the exact same way.

How are wages stagnant when under President Trump, we hit a new median household income high? Prior to that median household income was on nearly a constant incline.

No ppl don't get paid what they are worth. That includes a typical low level employee and many CEOs. CEO compensation has risen 1322% from 1978 till now. In contrast employee compensation has risen just 18% during that time period. That's an undenial imbalance. To argue otherwise would be to support enormous wealth inequality and worker exploitation, which history has shown us does not end well.

You’re wrong in many ways:

1) Your expenses are miscalculated. If you’re earning only $2k a month, Obamacare isn’t $500 - it’s more like $30. And car insurance? If you never acquired any job skills, you don’t get a car. Food is $500? I spend about $400, and I could cut it down to $300 if I had to.

Rent: $600
Food: $400
Util: $200
Ocare: $30
Public transport: $50

You’re up to around $1200. Still have several hundred for extras.

2) Half of all new businesses fail as it is. If your insist on paying people with little value more than market, even more would fail. Worse, fewer would even be attempted. Small business employs the majority of people in this country - NOT the rich corporations that leftists hate - and we would throw tens of millions onto permanent government assistance.

3) Finally, It‘s not just the unskilled high school grads whose wages would increase. It’s everyone on up the scale, or you’ve got serious wage compression. If the “errand girl” type job goes from $20k to $30k, then the admin asst goes from $35k to $45k. The junior accountant just out of college goes from $55k to $65k. The two staff accountants go from $70k to $80k. The senior act goes from $90 to $105. Add it up: the compensation cost goes up by $65,000, in a situation where the owner was netting after expenses $100k. Owner is now down to $35k. He closes shop to take a senior staff job. But they’re hard to come by because MOST small accounting firms have closed as well.

You le don’t understand the first thing about how the economy works.

1. you're right, i forgot that ppl making 40k and under get subsidies to pay off obamacare. Well i guess if you live in Alabama you're safe, that is assuming you're allowed a 40 hour work week. I wonder how many of those still exist anymore for minimum wage workers.

2. You're equivocating higher wages to more businesses closing down, but if restaurants, who often don't even pay their employees the federally mandated pittance of $7.25/hr to begin with, are shutting down anyway, at a rate of 60% in the first year, with slave labor no less, what does that say about that line of logic? Successful businesses can easily absorb pay increases over time. If businesses cannot support a workforce

3. If a business is paying for a full time errand girl, and has clerks and adminstrators and staff accountants, don't you think they can't afford modest pay raises over the course of a few short years while they phase in the new minimum wage, assuming they're actually a viable business to begin with. Why are you against paying people? You sound like Trump, lmao.

No ppl don't get paid what they are worth. That includes a typical low level employee and many CEOs. CEO compensation has risen 1322% from 1978 till now. In contrast employee compensation has risen just 18% during that time period. That's an undenial imbalance. To argue otherwise would be to support enormous wealth inequality and worker exploitation, which history has shown us does not end well.

Who cares what the increases were, it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

What are you worth to an employer? You are only worth as much as the employer can pay another to do the same job and quality of work that you do. That's it. Not one dime more. I don't care if you sweep floors at Burger King, become a regional manager or engineer. Your employer determines your value.

Unless you spend too much time believing television shows or movies, a good CEO is very hard to find therefore make a lot of money, but so do basketball players, baseball players, professional musicians and actors. How is a start pitcher worth 8 million dollars a year to play a child's game? Because he brings in 12 million for his team.

Now before you give me that typical leftist response that CEO's do nothing but practice putts on their artificial green in their office, if you think their job is so easy, then the solution to your problem is to become a CEO yourself and see how good you do at it.

1. you're right, i forgot that ppl making 40k and under get subsidies to pay off obamacare. Well i guess if you live in Alabama you're safe, that is assuming you're allowed a 40 hour work week. I wonder how many of those still exist anymore for minimum wage workers.

2. You're equivocating higher wages to more businesses closing down, but if restaurants, who often don't even pay their employees the federally mandated pittance of $7.25/hr to begin with, are shutting down anyway, at a rate of 60% in the first year, with slave labor no less, what does that say about that line of logic? Successful businesses can easily absorb pay increases over time. If businesses cannot support a workforce

3. If a business is paying for a full time errand girl, and has clerks and adminstrators and staff accountants, don't you think they can't afford modest pay raises over the course of a few short years while they phase in the new minimum wage, assuming they're actually a viable business to begin with. Why are you against paying people? You sound like Trump, lmao.

Nobody on the right is against workers making more money, in fact we encourage it. What we are against is government forcing industry to overpay their workers.

Who cares what the increases were, it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

What are you worth to an employer? You are only worth as much as the employer can pay another to do the same job and quality of work that you do. That's it. Not one dime more. I don't care if you sweep floors at Burger King, become a regional manager or engineer. Your employer determines your value.

Unless you spend too much time believing television shows or movies, a good CEO is very hard to find therefore make a lot of money, but so do basketball players, baseball players, professional musicians and actors. How is a start pitcher worth 8 million dollars a year to play a child's game? Because he brings in 12 million for his team.

Now before you give me that typical leftist response that CEO's do nothing but practice putts on their artificial green in their office, if you think their job is so easy, then the solution to your problem is to become a CEO yourself and see how good you do at it.

Nobody on the right is against workers making more money, in fact we encourage it. What we are against is government forcing industry to overpay their workers.
mth4lswwms181.jpg

Forum List

Back