Minimum wage increases, jobs decrease

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Libs never learn. They pretend that they are going after the wealthy to help the little guy. What they are continuing to do is kill small businesses and make more jobs disappear. Some small businesses simply can't handle the increase in wages as they are barely getting by as it is. Libs are either idiots or they really do want to kill businesses. Many small business have closed their doors since Obamacare became law. All their policies hurt the middle class. Obamacare, minimum wage increases and over-regulation ensure that the little guy can't compete with the big companies.

First, they killed the middle class jobs that did pay better than minimum wage. People had a chance to move up. Those that lost their good jobs ended up with either part time jobs or minimum wage jobs. Despite a much lower standard of living for many, libs still call their policies a success. I guess that's true if your idea of success is killing capitalism.

Minimum wage jobs have always been starter jobs for teens. It's sad when these fast food jobs are the only ones some adults even qualify for since they lack education and experience. Of course, thanks to liberal policies, many are vying for these jobs because that's all they can find these days. Now, there will be much less of them because small companies can't survive the left's policies. Only in liberal minds is no job better than a lower paying one.

California Raised Minimum Wage On Jan. 1, This Happens RIGHT AFTER...

Only because the ceo and board take the majority of the profit and leave very little for anything else(workers). What we need more then the minimum wage is some sort of law to limit the percentage that they can take of this profit and instead aim the resources back to the workers.

Wow...there's a lot to deal with in your OP - entrepreneurship, information awareness and usage, self determination, to name a few - and that's before addressing the factual inaccuracies implied or stated in your OP. I'm willing to respond to it, but only if you are willing to read my post and the content I'll link to it to provide support or background info. I don't want to bother, however, if all you won't directly respond to my comments in a way that makes it clear you fully understand all the concepts I'll write about. It's okay if you don't want to do that, but I don't want to write a very long post only to see trite platitudes in response.

Fair warning:
Dispassionate economic and competitiveness research and analysis for the middle/upper middle market (companies with $50M - $1B in annual revenue; often closely held) is what I did for a living. I can already tell you are not going to like what I'll have to say, but I can share that what I'll share has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the dismal realities of economics and business operations. Lots of my clients didn't like the messages I delivered - I understand why; the recommendations have nothing to with what's humane but rather with what makes business sense - but they followed them and their companies prospered as a result.

With that said, you tell me whether I should bother.

Libs never learn. They pretend that they are going after the wealthy to help the little guy. What they are continuing to do is kill small businesses and make more jobs disappear. Some small businesses simply can't handle the increase in wages as they are barely getting by as it is. Libs are either idiots or they really do want to kill businesses. Many small business have closed their doors since Obamacare became law. All their policies hurt the middle class. Obamacare, minimum wage increases and over-regulation ensure that the little guy can't compete with the big companies.

First, they killed the middle class jobs that did pay better than minimum wage. People had a chance to move up. Those that lost their good jobs ended up with either part time jobs or minimum wage jobs. Despite a much lower standard of living for many, libs still call their policies a success. I guess that's true if your idea of success is killing capitalism.

Minimum wage jobs have always been starter jobs for teens. It's sad when these fast food jobs are the only ones some adults even qualify for since they lack education and experience. Of course, thanks to liberal policies, many are vying for these jobs because that's all they can find these days. Now, there will be much less of them because small companies can't survive the left's policies. Only in liberal minds is no job better than a lower paying one.

Do you have evidence for this?

The UK brought in a minimum wage in 1998

unemployment-rate.png

At which point unemployment was going down and carried on going down until 2005, 7 years later.

Some companies might leave, others will stay, it's not hard to figure that out. Unless you see unemployment rising in California, one company employing 18 people leaving isn't going to have that much of an impact.

Only because the ceo and board take the majority of the profit and leave very little for anything else(workers). What we need more then the minimum wage is some sort of law to limit the percentage that they can take of this profit and instead aim the resources back to the workers.
You do know that the vast majority of businesses don't have boards and CEOs and that they run on pretty low profit margins don't you?

No, of course you don't because you have never run a business

And costs of good/services inflates.....

You do know that the vast majority of businesses don't have boards and CEOs and that they run on pretty low profit margins don't you?

Give us a figure. What do you consider a low net profit margin?

Anything under 15%

The right is even worse. They will condone any Thing for the general badfare as long as it involves guns; but, will try to make the left, "swim oceans and climb mountains" to promote or provide for the general welfare.

It is why, some on the left are advocating for equal protection of the law, as a simple solution to capitalism's, natural rate of unemployment (so the rich can get richer faster).

Unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed on an at-will basis, solves an impracticable dilemma, for the right wing.

Seattle passed significant minimum wage increases that went into effect in 2015 and 2016, unemployment remains VERY low at 4%.

9deed994-7ab1-11e6-9cb5-df9beac1109a-1020x763.jpg

[/thread]

Anything under 15%

Well, there's some mighty profitable industries running at less than 15% net profit. Indeed, 6.4% is the average across all sectors in the U.S. economy. Even highly profitable software companies average "only" around 12%-13%. Suffice to say that a company - large or small - that matches the industry average should do fine.

Anything under 15%

Well, there's some mighty profitable industries running at less than 15% net profit. Indeed, 6.4% is the average across all sectors in the U.S. economy. Even highly profitable software companies average "only" around 12%-13%. Suffice to say that a company - large or small - that matches the industry average should do fine.

Son't lump all business with small business
small businesses will be most impacted by MW hikes just like small businesses bear the brunt of the cost of regulations

And costs of good/services inflates.....

But the amount required for income subsidies for the working poor goes down. Fewer government workers are required to process applications for food stamps, EIC's, and other government program applications, so government shrinks.

Aren't these the primary goals for conversatives - let everyone take care of themselves and let the chips fall where they may; no government handouts? Why isn't this true for corporations? If these companies need subsidies to pay their workers, they don't deserve to be in business. You oppose welfare for individuals, but not corporations. Why?

Anything under 15%
wow! I would love to earn 15% profit day in and day out....!

The corporations I worked for were content with 5%....Walmart is content with 4%... and had been running in the 3.7% range

I am presuming smaller businesses, with lower gross sales is why 15% is not as high as it seems to me...???

Anything under 15%

Son't lump all business with small business
small businesses will be most impacted by MW hikes just like small businesses bear the brunt of the cost of regulations
capitalism requires competition. If small capitalists cannot make like Henry Ford, maybe they can ask for a bailout.

slackers should ask for a bailout. why blame the poor.

So you oppose Trump's ideas for tariffs to bring jobs back to the US.

Interesting.

So you oppose Trump's ideas for tariffs to bring jobs back to the US.

Interesting.
i believe excising the difference in wages, in taxes, could be a form of equalization.

Anything under 15%
wow! I would love to earn 15% profit day in and day out....!

The corporations I worked for were content with 5%....Walmart is content with 4%... and had been running in the 3.7% range

I am presuming smaller businesses, with lower gross sales is why 15% is not as high as it seems to me...???

You cannot compare a public company with tens of thousands of employees with your average small business.
The average small business has 5 employees and gross revenues of less than 2 million a year.

Forum List

Back