Millennials triggered by Friends

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
Looks like the new generation of young and dumb liberals have discovered Friends on Netflix, and oh boy are they triggered. Far too many jokes about gays, sexual harassment, cross dressers, and even fat shaming. Then of course there are the women on the show that are constantly obsessed with “finding a man” and hoping to get married some day.

New audiences claimed that Rachel would have been fired for sexual harassment because she hires an assistant who isn’t qualified for the position because she wants to date him.

There’s also the controversial relationship between Monica and her father’s best friend who’s 20 years older than her, but it was perceived as even more uncomfortable in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal and #MeToo stories.

The sitcom has also received criticism for its lack of diversity – there were only two notable non-white characters on the show: Ross’ girlfriend Julie and Dr Charlie Wheeler.

Millenials watching Friends on Netflix are shocked at how problematic it is

Poor liberals, perpetually offended by everything.

liberals are doomed to being Butt Hurt.....

Real life is just to hard for them.....

Looks like the new generation of young and dumb liberals have discovered Friends on Netflix, and oh boy are they triggered. Far too many jokes about gays, sexual harassment, cross dressers, and even fat shaming. Then of course there are the women on the show that are constantly obsessed with “finding a man” and hoping to get married some day.

New audiences claimed that Rachel would have been fired for sexual harassment because she hires an assistant who isn’t qualified for the position because she wants to date him.

There’s also the controversial relationship between Monica and her father’s best friend who’s 20 years older than her, but it was perceived as even more uncomfortable in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal and #MeToo stories.

The sitcom has also received criticism for its lack of diversity – there were only two notable non-white characters on the show: Ross’ girlfriend Julie and Dr Charlie Wheeler.

Ummmmmmmmm.... where's the link say anything about "Liberals"?

Where in fact does it mention any kind of politics?

Maybe I blinked.

Actually they are pissed at people like you who support corruption in the government .. They are pissed at the cost of getting a college degree ..
Most are not going for their doctorate, or masters because our generation screwed them over.

Our generation of love and peace made sure to leave them with hate of anything except being white. .

I hope that you are proud of the legacy that they will have to fix once we are dead and gone..

Maybe I blinked.
Just more perpetual outrage that promotes group think about the way things should be, not the way they are. This is called out of touch.

Maybe I blinked.
Just more perpetual outrage that promotes group think about the way things should be, not the way they are. This is called out of touch.

Thanks for that non-answer. Anyone else?

Do you seriously expect anyone to believe that conservative Millennials would respond this way to a tv show? That would run counter to the left's argument that conservatives are a bunch of gay hating homophobes if they were getting upset about gay jokes, wouldn't it?

I'm a Millennial and I've seen Friends. I personally just find the characters annoying. I've never been triggered by it's social content, but I'm also not a loony left wing social justice warrior who thinks the term black hole is racist.

Do you seriously expect anyone to believe that conservative Millennials would respond this way to a tv show? That would run counter to the left's argument that conservatives are a bunch of gay hating homophobes if they were getting upset about gay jokes, wouldn't it?

I'm a Millennial and I've seen Friends. I personally just find the characters annoying. I've never been triggered by it's social content, but I'm also not a loony left wing social justice warrior who thinks the term black hole is racist.

Do you seriously believe everybody who watches TV is political? Or that you can trot out your own generalization fallacy (bold) to support an "everybody knows" fallacy?

Once AGAIN --- the article isn't even about politics, let alone "Liberals". The OP plugged that in out of his ass and he knows it. That's why he ran away.

Do you seriously believe everybody who watches TV is political? Or that you can trot out your own generalization fallacy (bold) to support an "everybody knows" fallacy?

Once AGAIN --- the article isn't even about politics, let alone "Liberals". The OP plugged that in out of his ass and he knows it. That's why he ran away.

Everyone is political whether they realize or not. They all have political opinions whether or not they voice them as much as you and I do. It is the left who constantly gets triggered by what they perceive as anti-gay, anti-Islam, anti-woman, anti-(enter victim group here), not the right, so simple common sense and logic dictate that those would be offended by the specific contents being reference in that show would be on the left side of the political spectrum. Stop pretending you don't know this is true as well.

I'm shocked how problematic millienals are.

Who raised these snowflakes?

Actually they are pissed at people like you who support corruption in the government .. They are pissed at the cost of getting a college degree ..
Most are not going for their doctorate, or masters because our generation screwed them over.

Our generation of love and peace made sure to leave them with hate of anything except being white. .

I hope that you are proud of the legacy that they will have to fix once we are dead and gone..

Well we now know who taught them to whine

Please spend more time thinking about this

Everyone is political whether they realize or not. They all have political opinions whether or not they voice them as much as you and I do. It is the left who constantly gets triggered by what they perceive as anti-gay, anti-Islam, anti-woman, anti-(enter victim group here), not the right, so simple common sense and logic dictate that those would be offended by the specific contents being reference in that show would be on the left side of the political spectrum. Stop pretending you don't know this is true as well.

Nope. You're conflating political observations with social ones. What's involved here is the latter, not the former. "Anti-gay", "anti-Islam", "anti-woman", and racism itself --- are not political positions; they're social ones.

Again, nothing in the OP's article mentioned or implied anything about politics, and yet he went way out on his limb and plugged in "Liberals" where none were named. So I threw the flag. "Making shit up, fifteen yards, loss of down".

Progressivism and Facebook have caused many Millennials to go BatShatCwazy!

Nope. You're conflating political observations with social ones. What's involved here is the latter, not the former. "Anti-gay", "anti-Islam", "anti-woman", and racism itself --- are not political positions; they're social ones.

".

Wrong The left made them into political issues.

".

That's not even possible.

If one's position is, say, misogyny -- that's an assessment of a social order. The misogynist holds the view that women (or in the other cases a religion, a sexual preference, an economic class) hold a specific and inferior position in the social order. Those who oppose them hold a different view of, again, the social order.

The politics doesn't enter until the question of what if anything to do about that legistlatively. None of which is touched on in the OP article.

Last edited:

".

That's not even possible.

Yeah it is and they did. Maybe it should be explained as using social issues as political wedge issues. The left are master minds at that

Last edited:

Exactly. The reason I changed it to “liberals” versus “millennials” is that normal conservative young people would not freak out about such jokes on the TV show.

I recently re-watched Friends on Netflix myself, and I was surprised how politically incorrect it was, which is of course one of the reasons it was so funny and successful.

Exactly. The reason I changed it to “liberals” versus “millennials” is that normal conservative young people would not freak out about such jokes on the TV show.

I recently re-watched Friends on Netflix myself, and I was surprised how politically incorrect it was, which is of course one of the reasons it was so funny and successful.

All truly amusing shows are politically incorrect. Just try watching Seinfeld or MASH...or even Mary Tyler Moore reruns.

Are you Irish? Because I have a hunch your last name is O'Blivious.
Here's your first hint: The term "politically incorrect" (or its opposite politically correct) --- is a misnomer. It has nothing to do with politics. Properly named it would be "socially incorrect".

So once again --- your OP article cites some social issues voiced by some viewers of this TV show. It says nothing about anybody's politics.

Forum List

Back