Military song

upload_2017-9-2_17-32-38.jpeg

*****SMILE*****

:)

"Has Wellington nothing to offer me but these Amazons?"
Napoleon Bonaparte, 18 June, 1815.
If you heard these pipes and saw these men marching across the battlefield towards you, you are pretty much screwed. This is the marching song of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders, Cock O' the North on pipes and drum:

Technically, military cadences can be considered military songs.

Here is one of my favorite.....................

And, just like the song "Blood on the Risers", which is also a song to tell you how to do a jump, this cadence does the same.

My favorite part? "If my main don't open wide, then I've got a reserve by my side. And if that one should fail me too, get outta my way, cuz' I'm coming through".

I wonder if the SEALs based this cadence on the song Blood on the Risers?

From Italy, Flik Flok is the "marching" song of the Bersaglieri. I put marching in quotation marks because the Bersaglieri do not so much march as run. The Bersaglieri, or sharpshooters were founded during the wars of Italian unification in the mid-1800's and were known for their flat leather hats adorned with cockerel plumes, an headgear they still wear to this day. They so impressed the Turks during the Crimean war with their bravery and élan that they also awarded them the red fez, which is often worn as their off duty headgear.
To get the full effect of how gung-ho these troops are, please enjoy the following video:

Forum List

Back