Military retirees face cuts

You Liberal fucks who want to see military retiree's pensions shrivel up and go away....

Got one thing for ya -

Go Fuck Yourselves.

It's never gonna happen.

It would be the final nail in any elected officials coffin.

Take your hate and disrespect for our nation's veterans elsewhere, asswipes.

It is the GOP going after your pensions, not the evil liberals that keep you up at night. The evil liberals are the ones that think you and everyone else should KEEP your promised benefits.

See how this doesn't say "liberals"...

GOP demands benefits for the military be on chopping block

As President Obama in August pledged to protect Veterans programs from budget cuts, the GOP in Congress and bureaucrats in the DoD are still pushing for cuts in pensions and health care for active and retired troops.

I don't give a fuck who it is, asswipe.
It ain't gonna happen.

Resume jacking off to your Harry Reid pix.

Fucking idiot.

Of course you do. It's right there in post #177 where you are ranting against those "evil liberals" that want to take your pension...except it's not and that just eats you alive.

Keep voting for Tea Baggers and then think it "ain't gonna happen"...

Don't worry, I'll buy you a burger while you stand on the street corner looking for handouts.

So what I'm getting from the "conservatives" on the board is that it's perfectly fine not to pay teachers, firemen and police their PROMISED benefits, but it's not okay to do the same to military members. Hypocrisy noted...
The military is a constitutional issue. This thread is about national Military retirees' pay.

Local teachers, firemen, and police matters are state's rights issues. Why don't you start your own thread if you are unhappy with those issues unrelated to this one.

No thanks...I'll just point out the hypocrisy in this one. If you think it's okay to go after the promised benefits of public sector employees, but not okay to go after the promised benefits of the US military, you are a hypocrite.

I don't want any of those guys to lose anything.

In light of Obama's disrespect for people who believed they went to war to protect this nation from foriegn enemy's I should point out the folly of voting anyone into office that has not served in the military.

How can we ever expect them to respect the lives of the defenders of this nation when they have not risked their own?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW08qK0GhHs&feature=player_embedded]Ron Paul Ad - He Served - YouTube[/ame]

This thread illustrates the growing divide between the civilian sector and the Military active duty/retirees/veterans.

Well there are even some veterans who just didn't get it. Some went and did their time and thought it was just a 9 to 5 job they were doing. I had a few of those working for me. Then there are those like Mr Yank who has proven to be not worthy of my time.

Once you are deployed and your base comes under mortar fire, people tend to find out very quickly this isn't a regular nine to five.

The military is a constitutional issue. This thread is about national Military retirees' pay.

Local teachers, firemen, and police matters are state's rights issues. Why don't you start your own thread if you are unhappy with those issues unrelated to this one.

No thanks...I'll just point out the hypocrisy in this one. If you think it's okay to go after the promised benefits of public sector employees, but not okay to go after the promised benefits of the US military, you are a hypocrite.

Neither do I but "Warrior" supports the very ones who WANT to cut military benefits. How did he make it through life being so stupid? :confused:

In light of Obama's disrespect for people who believed they went to war to protect this nation from foriegn enemy's I should point out the folly of voting anyone into office that has not served in the military.

How can we ever expect them to respect the lives of the defenders of this nation when they have not risked their own?

Can you show some examples of this "disrespect"?

Disrespect like urging firms to hire veterans?

Was it disrespectful of him to ask for an increase in benefits for Veterans?

Tell me which of these proposals by President Obama are "disrespectful" to Veterans:

• Returning Heroes and Wounded Warrior Tax Credits: A new Returning Heroes Tax Credit for firms that hire unemployed veterans (maximum credit of $2,400 for every short-term unemployed hire and $4,800 for every long-term unemployed hire) and a Wounded Warriors Tax Credit which will increase the existing tax credit for firms that hire veterans with service-connected disabilities who have been unemployed long-term (maximum credit of $9,600 per veteran) and continue the existing credit for all other veterans with a service-connected disability (maximum credit of $4,800).
  • A Challenge to the Private Sector to Hire or Train 100,000 Unemployed Veterans or Their Spouses by the End of 2013: The President will challenge businesses to commit to hire or provide training to unemployed veterans or their spouses. Joining Forces will lead this work with businesses and industry.
  • Presidential Call for a Career-Ready Military: The Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs, working closely with other agencies and the President’s economic and domestic policy teams, will lead a new task force to develop reforms to ensure that every member of the service receives the training, education, and credentials they need to transition to the civilian workforce or to pursue higher education. These reforms will include the design of a “reverse bootcamp,” which will extend the transition period to give service members more counseling and guidance and leave them career-ready.
  • Transition to the Private Sector: The Department of Labor will establish a new initiative to deliver an enhanced career development and job search service package to transitioning veterans at their local One-Stop Career Centers. The Office of Personnel Management will create a “Best Practices” Manual for the private sector to help businesses identify and hire veterans.
  • Expand Ground Forces to Meet Military Needs and Improve Quality of Life: Increasing end strength in the Army and Marine Corps will help units retrain and re-equip properly between deployments, reduce the strain on military families, and help put an end to stop loss. We also plan to halt end strength reductions in the Air Force and Navy.

Neither do I but "Warrior" supports the very ones who WANT to cut military benefits. How did he make it through life being so stupid? :confused:

Who do I support ?

Link dickhead ? or just fantasy.

Here's a fact for you - WORST years of my military career - when I served under Carter and Clinton. DEMS do everything they can to "fuck" military personnel and their families.

Fact.

Suck on it asswipe.

Spin your shit elsewhere.

Tell me which of these proposals by President Obama are "disrespectful" to Veterans:

• Returning Heroes and Wounded Warrior Tax Credits: A new Returning Heroes Tax Credit for firms that hire unemployed veterans (maximum credit of $2,400 for every short-term unemployed hire and $4,800 for every long-term unemployed hire) and a Wounded Warriors Tax Credit which will increase the existing tax credit for firms that hire veterans with service-connected disabilities who have been unemployed long-term (maximum credit of $9,600 per veteran) and continue the existing credit for all other veterans with a service-connected disability (maximum credit of $4,800).
  • A Challenge to the Private Sector to Hire or Train 100,000 Unemployed Veterans or Their Spouses by the End of 2013: The President will challenge businesses to commit to hire or provide training to unemployed veterans or their spouses. Joining Forces will lead this work with businesses and industry.
  • Presidential Call for a Career-Ready Military: The Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs, working closely with other agencies and the President’s economic and domestic policy teams, will lead a new task force to develop reforms to ensure that every member of the service receives the training, education, and credentials they need to transition to the civilian workforce or to pursue higher education. These reforms will include the design of a “reverse bootcamp,” which will extend the transition period to give service members more counseling and guidance and leave them career-ready.
  • Transition to the Private Sector: The Department of Labor will establish a new initiative to deliver an enhanced career development and job search service package to transitioning veterans at their local One-Stop Career Centers. The Office of Personnel Management will create a “Best Practices” Manual for the private sector to help businesses identify and hire veterans.
  • Expand Ground Forces to Meet Military Needs and Improve Quality of Life: Increasing end strength in the Army and Marine Corps will help units retrain and re-equip properly between deployments, reduce the strain on military families, and help put an end to stop loss. We also plan to halt end strength reductions in the Air Force and Navy.

Shhh!!! Don'y tell Warrior. It's disrupts his fantasy. :eusa_shhh:

Shhh!!! Don'y tell Warrior. It's disrupts his fantasy. :eusa_shhh:

Well without getting to involved with this. What about a decade long war with no draft??

3 and 4 tours consecutivly.

Fucking douchbags, wanna debate everything even the obvious.

Who do I support ?

Link dickhead ? or just fantasy.

Here's a fact for you - WORST years of my military career - when I served under Carter and Clinton. DEMS do everything they can to "fuck" military personnel and their families.

Fact.

Suck on it asswipe.

Spin your shit elsewhere.

Wow.

First you say, "Who do I support ?"

Then you say, "DEMS do everything they can to "fuck" military personnel and their families".

Doesn't really leave much room for guesswork, does it? :eusa_whistle:

Sooo....Obama pushes for a ton of measures to support the vets while at the same time the GOP conservatives are pushing for cuts in military benefits (while Obama vows to fight them on those cuts).

Oh yeah, it's the "DEMS doing everything they can to "fuck" military personnel and their families" alright. :eusa_whistle:

You Liberal fucks who want to see military retiree's pensions shrivel up and go away....

Got one thing for ya -

Go Fuck Yourselves.

It's never gonna happen.

It would be the final nail in any elected officials coffin.

Take your hate and disrespect for our nation's veterans elsewhere, asswipes.

It is the GOP going after your pensions, not the evil liberals that keep you up at night. The evil liberals are the ones that think you and everyone else should KEEP your promised benefits.

As President Obama in August pledged to protect Veterans programs from budget cuts, the GOP in Congress and bureaucrats in the DoD are still pushing for cuts in pensions and health care for active and retired troops.

It ain't gonna happen.

Fucking idiot.

I'm beginning to suspect that Warrior is another internet-only veteran.

It ain't gonna happen.

Fucking idiot.

I'm beginning to suspect that Warrior is another internet-only veteran.

What's your fax number, I'll send you my DD 214

As Washington looks to squeeze savings from once-sacrosanct entitlements like Social Security and Medicare, another big social welfare system is growing as rapidly, but with far less scrutiny: the health and pension benefits of military retirees.

Military pensions and health care for active and retired troops now cost the government about $100 billion a year, representing an expanding portion of both the Pentagon budget — about $700 billion a year, including war costs — and the national debt, which together finance the programs.

Making even incremental reductions to military benefits is typically a doomed political venture, given the public’s broad support for helping troops, the political potency of veterans groups and the fact that significant savings take years to appear.

But the intense push in Congress this year to reduce the debt and the possibility that the Pentagon might have to begin trimming core programs like weapons procurement, research, training and construction have suddenly made retiree benefits vulnerable, military officials and experts say.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/us/retiree-benefits-for-the-military-could-face-cuts.html

Any Brain Dead Lifer, who bitches about how much she/he hates "Big Government" and takes a U.S. Government Retirement Check, accepts U.S. Tax Payer Supported Government Health Care should either shut the hell up, or refuse their check and health care.

You cannot bitch about how much you hate "Big Government", while taking Government Money.

Last edited:
As Washington looks to squeeze savings from once-sacrosanct entitlements like Social Security and Medicare, another big social welfare system is growing as rapidly, but with far less scrutiny: the health and pension benefits of military retirees.

Military pensions and health care for active and retired troops now cost the government about $100 billion a year, representing an expanding portion of both the Pentagon budget — about $700 billion a year, including war costs — and the national debt, which together finance the programs.

Making even incremental reductions to military benefits is typically a doomed political venture, given the public’s broad support for helping troops, the political potency of veterans groups and the fact that significant savings take years to appear.

But the intense push in Congress this year to reduce the debt and the possibility that the Pentagon might have to begin trimming core programs like weapons procurement, research, training and construction have suddenly made retiree benefits vulnerable, military officials and experts say.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/us/retiree-benefits-for-the-military-could-face-cuts.html

Any Brain Dead Lifer, who bitches about how much she/he hates "Big Government" and takes a U.S. Government Retirement Check, accepts U.S. Tax Payer Supported Government Health Care should either shut the hell up, or reufse their check and heatlh care.

You cannot bitch about how much you hate "Big Government", while taking Government Money.

You'd have a point, asswipe, if "Brain Dead Lifers" didn't pay taxes all their lives - but "Brain Dead Lifers" do - while at the same time, defending your freedom so you can post shit like this on the Internet.

Any Brain Dead Lifer, who bitches about how much she/he hates "Big Government" and takes a U.S. Government Retirement Check, accepts U.S. Tax Payer Supported Government Health Care should either shut the hell up, or refuse their check and health care.

Are you sure about this? Warrior, SFC Ollie and the pom-pom girl have been doing exactly that all throughout this thread?

Yes, because cuts happening now during the Obama administration are Bush's fault.

:lol::lol::lol:

Reagan and the two Bushes created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich. Go to reaganbushdebt.org for the numbers.

Now we can't afford to pay military retiree benefits for the people that voted Republican.

It's called karma.

no it's called democratic pay back.

Hey stupid, it was earned. And we are the ones who have dedicated our lives to making sure you can sit on your ass and say such stupid things. You want to sit on your fat ass and attack the very people who gave you that right? Start with this one. I do not support big Government but I earned every fucking dime I get in retirement benefits. And even then it is less than what I was promised by our too big Government. Once you know what you are talking about you can bitch, but until that decade, shut the hell up.

Hey stupid, it was earned. And we are the ones who have dedicated our lives to making sure you can sit on your ass and say such stupid things. You want to sit on your fat ass and attack the very people who gave you that right? Start with this one. I do not support big Government but I earned every fucking dime I get in retirement benefits. And even then it is less than what I was promised by our too big Government. Once you know what you are talking about you can bitch, but until that decade, shut the hell up.

Me too Ollie. HATE the freaking government, but LOVE that retirement check and the benefits EARNED.

And I love how it drives the Liberal kooks absolutely bat-shit crazy.

:lol:

Me too Ollie. HATE the freaking government, but LOVE that retirement check and the benefits EARNED.

And I love how it drives the Liberal kooks absolutely bat-shit crazy.

:lol:

Good thing it's such a short drive, saves gas...........

Ollie the lack of respect for our service men and women astounds me, how can someone fix their mouth to say people in the Military are just handed things? you work for every damn thing you get in the service, hands down.

Forum List

Back