Military Photos

c75d91cc-7b0d-4f2f-a427-1c6578cb32b2

the USS Alabama on display in Mobile. wife and I took the tour

Last weekend was in the first group of adults to spend the night on the USS Iowa, BB-61, FDR's battleship. 40 of us had a great experience with getting to see a lot of areas off limits to tours.
View attachment 99006

she got rescued from pack rat fleet in San Fran. been there since the 90's i think. the city wanted to be rid of it for fear it might create an ecological disaster. they threatened to sell it for scrap. the state of Iowa got wind and passed the shoe. I made a contribution. finally we got her out of there and had it towed to long Beach. she finally found a home.

Last weekend was in the first group of adults to spend the night on the USS Iowa, BB-61, FDR's battleship. 40 of us had a great experience with getting to see a lot of areas off limits to tours.
View attachment 99006

she got rescued from pack rat fleet in San Fran. been there since the 90's i think. the city wanted to be rid of it for fear it might create an ecological disaster. they threatened to sell it for scrap. the state of Iowa got wind and passed the shoe. I made a contribution. finally we got her out of there and had it towed to long Beach. she finally found a home.

Actually San Fran refused her because she was "a weapon of war".
Freaken leftards.

Originally decommissioned on the east coast, the money to move her to the west coast stipulated she would be located in CA. A huge gain for SoCal. Cruise ships port is right next to her. Thanks for your support

View attachment 99006

Actually San Fran refused her because she was "a weapon of war".
Freaken leftards.

Originally decommissioned on the east coast, the money to move her to the west coast stipulated she would be located in CA. A huge gain for SoCal. Cruise ships port is right next to her. Thanks for your support

to bad they couldn't point a 16" gun at city hall

^^ Thanks ^^

I'll miss her to my dying day. Her distinctive howl as she entered the pattern caused everyone on base to stop and look up.

I shake my head in awe that the AF turned her over to me at the tender age of 25 with only 175 hours of jet time under my belt.

Youth is indeed wasted on the young. What I wouldn't give for one more sortie with her.

^^ Thanks ^^

I'll miss her to my dying day. Her distinctive howl as she entered the pattern caused everyone on base to stop and look up.

I shake my head in awe that the AF turned her over to me at the tender age of 25 with only 175 hours of jet time under my belt.

Youth is indeed wasted on the young. What I wouldn't give for one more sortie with her.

You can still see them at Tucson's Davis- Monthon Air Force Museum.
They occasionally do shows so you could hear and see them flying again.
Where Have All the Phantoms Gone? | Military Aviation | Air & Space Magazine

F-15 carrying 20 SDBs just on the fuselage and centerpoint stations. Max is 28 if also using the wing pylons.

F-15-SDB.jpg

Forum List

Back