Militarism at the Heart of US Gun Violence

the world’s central banks are obliged to finance the U.S. balance of payments deficit by using their surplus dollars in the only way that central banks are allowed to use them: to buy U.S. Treasury bonds.

"In the process, they finance the U.S. Government’s domestic budget deficit as well."

You don't want to hold "surplus dollars", don't run a trade surplus with the US.
You don't want to hold "surplus dollars", don't run a trade surplus with the US.
How would you suggest we stimulate US exports?
582b7f27e02ba7e5008b458f-750-563.jpg

There’d be a lot of tech industry money at stake in a Trump trade war with China

We could eliminate moronic regulations and reduce taxes.
How would that lower the cost of living and doing business in the USA?
photos%2F2012%2F10%2F22%2FPreviewScreenSnapz004.png

Seven Factors Driving Up Your Health Care Costs

It wouldn't reduce the cost of living.
It would reduce the cost of doing business.
Reducing health care expenses would NOT reduce the cost of living?
:5_1_12024:

Did you read my original post????

This is you>>> How would you suggest we stimulate US exports?

This is me>>>>"We could eliminate moronic regulations and reduce taxes"

Where did I mention healthcare?

From February 2018:

Militarism at the heart of a violent culture

"AS THE president continued smearing millions of immigrants as violent gang members to justify racist deportations and a border wall, it happened again. A young white man entered a school, not far from where I graduated, and unloaded a legally purchased weapon of war, killing 17 innocent people in three minutes...."
180215-weill-white-supremacist-tease_vor96c

"WE NOW need to expand the demand beyond gun control, and connect the issue of mass murder at home to state-sanctioned mass murder abroad.

"At age 19, shooter Nikolas Cruz has not lived a year of his life when the U.S. was not actively bombing or occupying other countries, and exporting war through lucrative weapons contracts.

"A teen who can't yet legally buy beer or rent a car was able to purchase a weapon made for tactical combat--but then again, the same legislators who allow the AR-15 to be sold more easily than a Bud Light have supported every U.S. war and every bloated military budget presented to them.

"The U.S.-manufactured ammunition that kills abroad kills just the same in Parkland, Florida.

"The crisis we have before us is not about rap music or video games, as has been charged in previous mass shootings.

"It is a capitalist crisis."

A crisis groomed since 1945 during which the Exceptional US has exterminated millions of innocent human beings from Korea to Kandahar.

Only someone as dense as Trump would be surprised when these chickens come home to roost.

That is some weak ass shit. I'm against the interventionism that we have embraced, but to try to gin up a connection between that and a whack a doodle mass shooter, is

like I said, weak ass shit.

Think so?

This is what two retired Marine Generals think.

Two former U.S. officials who led the global fight against the Islamic State are warning Americans about a new threat to the homeland: homegrown white nationalist terrorism.

Retired Marine Gen. John Allen and Brett McGurk, both of whom served as special presidential envoys for the global coalition taking on ISIS, said in a Washington Post op-ed that the word "terrorism" must be used to describe the new national security threats facing the country from white supremacist groups.

"The terrorist acts may differ from Islamic State attacks in degree, but they are similar in kind: driven by hateful narratives, dehumanization, the rationalization of violence and the glorification of murder, combined with ready access to recruits and weapons of war," they wrote Tuesday.

Retired Marine 4-Star Warns White Nationalist Terrorism Is a Threat Equal to ISIS

McGurk is a lawyer and a diplomat, never in the military

Two former U.S. officials who led the global fight against the Islamic State are warning Americans about a new threat to the homeland: homegrown white nationalist terrorism.

Two of the twats who agreed with Obama, we couldn't do anything about ISIS?

Who gives a shit?

1. Love to have that conversation. I note you didn't address my question to you, as to what ideas on your side of the aisle might be a manifestation of that magical thinking you are worried about. Do you consider yourself and your allies immune to the ills of the society and culture you are a part of? That is not a serious position, and greatly undermines your claim to want a real conversation.

2. The world is pretty fucked up. The West as a whole is deeply decedent. The Muslim World is in serious denial about it's problems. China is a time bomb. India, stagnating. Blaming US is such an easy out, it is not even funny.

3. MLK, said a lot of shit. His words do not have much weight with me, beyond their own internal logic, or lack there of. YOu want to make a point, MAKE IT.

4. Your 60 cents number is a lie. Your race baiting is a lie, designed to hide your real agenda.

5. What is your vision of the future, that you think is served by nerfing the US military?
The world is pretty fucked up. The West as a whole is deeply decedent. The Muslim World is in serious denial about it's problems. China is a time bomb. India, stagnating. Blaming US is such an easy out, it is not even funny.
The US military's invasions and occupations of the Muslim world has created the greatest refugee flow since the end of WWII; I seriously doubt many Muslims are in denial about the effects of "shock and awe" on local mortality/migration rates.

The Chinese system while far from perfect has an impressive track record for sustaining long term growth and development. While the US manufacturing base was hollowed out under the "free market" scam perpetrated by Reagan and Thatcher, China was systematically building its own manufacturing base and investing heavily in infrastructure and emerging technologies with credit generated by its own state-owned banks.

If you're expecting China to collapse of its own weight as the Soviets did, you will likely see the end of the US dollar as a global reserve currency long before China agrees to revert to its current colonial status.
images

The Best Books on The Opium War | Five Books Expert Recommendations

I love the way you refuse to put any responsibility for the way things are, on anyone except the US.

Is that racism because you consider nonwhite people too stupid to be held responsible for their actions or is it just your hate for America?

Regardless my point stands. You want to reduce military spending you need to make the point that we are not in danger.

You still are not even trying to make that case.

What is end game that you want to see the US military nerfed?
I love the way you refuse to put any responsibility for the way things are, on anyone except the US.
What other country besides the US has controlled the global economy since the end of WWII? Which nation created the IMF and World Bank to function as its proxy? Which state insists other countries invest their balance-of-payments inflows and central bank savings in US dollars, especially US Treasuries? How else does the Greatest Purveyor of Violence in the World afford its 800 military bases around the world?
images

Why does the US have 800 military bases in 80 Countries around the world? - Fighter Jets World

1. The US does not control the world economy. We are in a very bad situation in the world economy. Our trade balance is not sustainable.

2. I dont' know that the IMF, or the World Bank functions as our proxy.

3. I don't think that we do insist that other nations invest in dollars. IN fact, imo, the fact that the Dollar is the world currency is a massive burden on US.

4. Our military is paid for by the most successful economy in the world, built on internal freedom and economic nationalism, in the past.

5. And even if you were right on ALL of that, it still is not an excuse to give all nonwhite people a pass on responsibility for their actions.
1. The US does not control the world economy. We are in a very bad situation in the world economy. Our trade balance is not sustainable.

3. I don't think that we do insist that other nations invest in dollars. IN fact, imo, the fact that the Dollar is the world currency is a massive burden on US.
Since 1971 the US Treasury-bond has replaced gold as the global standard for central bank reserves.

That means a glut of US dollars collecting in central banks around the world finances both the US trade deficit and the US budget deficit.

The 800 US military bases around the planet are there to ensure the tribute continues to flow into American pockets.

https://michael-hudson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/superimperialism.pdf (P.3)

"This Treasury-bond standard of international finance has enabled the United States to obtain the largest free lunch ever achieved in history.

"America has turned the international financial system upside down.

"Whereas formerly it rested on gold, central bank reserves are now held in the form of U.S. Government IOUs that can be run up without limit.

"In effect, America has been buying up Europe, Asia and other regions with paper credit – U.S. Treasury IOUs that it has informed the world it has little intention of ever paying off.

" And there is little Europe or Asia can do about it, except to abandon the dollar and create their own financial system.

"Michael Hudson’s Super Imperialism: The Origins and Fundamentals of U.S. World Dominance explains how the dollar’s being forced off gold in 1971 led to a new international financial system in which the world’s central banks are obliged to finance the U.S. balance of payments deficit by using their surplus dollars in the only way that central banks are allowed to use them: to buy U.S. Treasury bonds.

"In the process, they finance the U.S. Government’s domestic budget deficit as well."

The trade deficit and the budget deficit are not money flowing into the US, but money flowing out, and debt that is piling up on US, to eventually kill US.

Calling it tribute, is just a silly word game.

The US military's invasions and occupations of the Muslim world has created the greatest refugee flow since the end of WWII; I seriously doubt many Muslims are in denial about the effects of "shock and awe" on local mortality/migration rates.

The Chinese system while far from perfect has an impressive track record for sustaining long term growth and development. While the US manufacturing base was hollowed out under the "free market" scam perpetrated by Reagan and Thatcher, China was systematically building its own manufacturing base and investing heavily in infrastructure and emerging technologies with credit generated by its own state-owned banks.

If you're expecting China to collapse of its own weight as the Soviets did, you will likely see the end of the US dollar as a global reserve currency long before China agrees to revert to its current colonial status.
images

Is that racism because you consider nonwhite people too stupid to be held responsible for their actions or is it just your hate for America?

Regardless my point stands. You want to reduce military spending you need to make the point that we are not in danger.

What other country besides the US has controlled the global economy since the end of WWII? Which nation created the IMF and World Bank to function as its proxy? Which state insists other countries invest their balance-of-payments inflows and central bank savings in US dollars, especially US Treasuries? How else does the Greatest Purveyor of Violence in the World afford its 800 military bases around the world?
images

Why does the US have 800 military bases in 80 Countries around the world? - Fighter Jets World

4. Our military is paid for by the most successful economy in the world, built on internal freedom and economic nationalism, in the past.

5. And even if you were right on ALL of that, it still is not an excuse to give all nonwhite people a pass on responsibility for their actions.

Since 1971 the US Treasury-bond has replaced gold as the global standard for central bank reserves.

That means a glut of US dollars collecting in central banks around the world finances both the US trade deficit and the US budget deficit.

The 800 US military bases around the planet are there to ensure the tribute continues to flow into American pockets.

https://michael-hudson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/superimperialism.pdf (P.3)

"This Treasury-bond standard of international finance has enabled the United States to obtain the largest free lunch ever achieved in history.

"Whereas formerly it rested on gold, central bank reserves are now held in the form of U.S. Government IOUs that can be run up without limit.

"In effect, America has been buying up Europe, Asia and other regions with paper credit – U.S. Treasury IOUs that it has informed the world it has little intention of ever paying off.

" And there is little Europe or Asia can do about it, except to abandon the dollar and create their own financial system.

"Michael Hudson’s Super Imperialism: The Origins and Fundamentals of U.S. World Dominance explains how the dollar’s being forced off gold in 1971 led to a new international financial system in which the world’s central banks are obliged to finance the U.S. balance of payments deficit by using their surplus dollars in the only way that central banks are allowed to use them: to buy U.S. Treasury bonds.

the world’s central banks are obliged to finance the U.S. balance of payments deficit by using their surplus dollars in the only way that central banks are allowed to use them: to buy U.S. Treasury bonds.

Or dump them afterwards.

Fraud and waste are not reasons to cut military spending. Fraud and waste are always part of government programs.

If you want to cut military spending, you need to make the case that we are not in danger.

That you did not try that, is pretty telling.

YOu really want to cut military spending, even though you know we are in danger?
Fraud and waste are not reasons to cut military spending. Fraud and waste are always part of government programs.

If you want to cut military spending, you need to make the case that we are not in danger.

That you did not try that, is pretty telling.

YOu really want to cut military spending, even though you know we are in danger?
We're in far more danger from a deodorized, truncated conversation about the reality of the US presence on this planet.

Are you aware an increasing percentage of the world regards the USA as the foremost threat to global survival?

As MLK said those bombs dropped in foreign lands detonate in their homeland as well.

When sixty cents of every tax dollar go to propping up the US Empire, issues like universal healthcare, catastrophic climate change, and a living wage are suffocated by hysterical drama queens who a terrified by anyone without a white skin.

Poll: Top Threats Facing the World in 2019, US Moving Up The List - Citizen Truth

1. Love to have that conversation. I note you didn't address my question to you, as to what ideas on your side of the aisle might be a manifestation of that magical thinking you are worried about. Do you consider yourself and your allies immune to the ills of the society and culture you are a part of? That is not a serious position, and greatly undermines your claim to want a real conversation.

2. The world is pretty fucked up. The West as a whole is deeply decedent. The Muslim World is in serious denial about it's problems. China is a time bomb. India, stagnating. Blaming US is such an easy out, it is not even funny.

3. MLK, said a lot of shit. His words do not have much weight with me, beyond their own internal logic, or lack there of. YOu want to make a point, MAKE IT.

4. Your 60 cents number is a lie. Your race baiting is a lie, designed to hide your real agenda.

5. What is your vision of the future, that you think is served by nerfing the US military?
The world is pretty fucked up. The West as a whole is deeply decedent. The Muslim World is in serious denial about it's problems. China is a time bomb. India, stagnating. Blaming US is such an easy out, it is not even funny.

images

In the middle east do we stay as policeman or do we leave? Tough decision. Expensive one also. Would nations turn on each other there? Would chaos ensue? I know there are mane and women who want freedom and want what we have here. But there is an element that is more then a few who are violent. And violent with each other also. The real world has three powers vying for control and the globalist salivating at the mouth. Russia, China and the United States. If one falters the other two will jump on them like jackals on their prey. That is the real way of the word. We are destroying ourselves here. And when poor enough, the Western Hemisphere will have the mother of wars that is long overdue.
In the middle east do we stay as policeman or do we leave? Tough decision. Expensive one also. Would nations turn on each other there? Would chaos ensue? I know there are mane and women who want freedom and want what we have here. But there is an element that is more then a few who are violent. And violent with each other also.
Imho, the problems we face in the Middle East stem from our support for Israel. If the US were to hold Israel to the same human rights standards it expects from other states, the violence level across that area would decrease markedly.
images

Why Israel gets much more US aid than poor countries

Well, that's a bizarre claim.

images

There’d be a lot of tech industry money at stake in a Trump trade war with China

If the nations in question don't want to be stuck with holding large amounts of dollars, just don't sell shit to US.

Easy peasy, done.

From February 2018:

"AS THE president continued smearing millions of immigrants as violent gang members to justify racist deportations and a border wall, it happened again. A young white man entered a school, not far from where I graduated, and unloaded a legally purchased weapon of war, killing 17 innocent people in three minutes...."

"WE NOW need to expand the demand beyond gun control, and connect the issue of mass murder at home to state-sanctioned mass murder abroad.

"At age 19, shooter Nikolas Cruz has not lived a year of his life when the U.S. was not actively bombing or occupying other countries, and exporting war through lucrative weapons contracts.

"A teen who can't yet legally buy beer or rent a car was able to purchase a weapon made for tactical combat--but then again, the same legislators who allow the AR-15 to be sold more easily than a Bud Light have supported every U.S. war and every bloated military budget presented to them.

"The U.S.-manufactured ammunition that kills abroad kills just the same in Parkland, Florida.

"The crisis we have before us is not about rap music or video games, as has been charged in previous mass shootings.

A crisis groomed since 1945 during which the Exceptional US has exterminated millions of innocent human beings from Korea to Kandahar.

Only someone as dense as Trump would be surprised when these chickens come home to roost.

That is some weak ass shit. I'm against the interventionism that we have embraced, but to try to gin up a connection between that and a whack a doodle mass shooter, is

like I said, weak ass shit.

Think so?

Retired Marine Gen. John Allen and Brett McGurk, both of whom served as special presidential envoys for the global coalition taking on ISIS, said in a Washington Post op-ed that the word "terrorism" must be used to describe the new national security threats facing the country from white supremacist groups.

"The terrorist acts may differ from Islamic State attacks in degree, but they are similar in kind: driven by hateful narratives, dehumanization, the rationalization of violence and the glorification of murder, combined with ready access to recruits and weapons of war," they wrote Tuesday.

Retired Marine 4-Star Warns White Nationalist Terrorism Is a Threat Equal to ISIS

Sounds like bullshit. Besides, you lefties have been screaming that Trump is a nazi, hell, Both Bushes were nazis, and REagan was one too.

So, what the fuck do you mean, "new"?

Get your lies straight, then come on back and we'll talk.

How do you stimulate US exports without rebuilding US manufacturing infrastructure? How is that possible when Americans pay more for healthcare and housing than workers in China or Mexico or Vietnam?

images

If the nations in question don't want to be stuck with holding large amounts of dollars, just don't sell shit to US.

Easy peasy, done.

Easy peasy, done.
Where do Americans find their computers, pharmaceuticals, and mineral fuels? Given a US population of 329.3 million people and its total $2.614 trillion in 2018 imports, that's roughly $7900 in yearly demand from each US resident.

United States Top 10 Imports

We're in far more danger from a deodorized, truncated conversation about the reality of the US presence on this planet.

Are you aware an increasing percentage of the world regards the USA as the foremost threat to global survival?

As MLK said those bombs dropped in foreign lands detonate in their homeland as well.

When sixty cents of every tax dollar go to propping up the US Empire, issues like universal healthcare, catastrophic climate change, and a living wage are suffocated by hysterical drama queens who a terrified by anyone without a white skin.

Poll: Top Threats Facing the World in 2019, US Moving Up The List - Citizen Truth

images

In the middle east do we stay as policeman or do we leave? Tough decision. Expensive one also. Would nations turn on each other there? Would chaos ensue? I know there are mane and women who want freedom and want what we have here. But there is an element that is more then a few who are violent. And violent with each other also. The real world has three powers vying for control and the globalist salivating at the mouth. Russia, China and the United States. If one falters the other two will jump on them like jackals on their prey. That is the real way of the word. We are destroying ourselves here. And when poor enough, the Western Hemisphere will have the mother of wars that is long overdue.
In the middle east do we stay as policeman or do we leave? Tough decision. Expensive one also. Would nations turn on each other there? Would chaos ensue? I know there are mane and women who want freedom and want what we have here. But there is an element that is more then a few who are violent. And violent with each other also.
Imho, the problems we face in the Middle East stem from our support for Israel. If the US were to hold Israel to the same human rights standards it expects from other states, the violence level across that area would decrease markedly.
images

Should Israel Continue to Receive Aid from the United States? - Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - ProCon.org

"Aid to Israel is against any conception of U.S. interests that one would want to hold, whether one is conservative or liberal. It subverts the conservatives' attempts to build a far-reaching international campaign against terrorism.

"It subverts the liberals' desire to direct U.S. policy toward upholding general human rights standards.

"By introducing tension with European and Arab countries, isolating the U.S. in the United Nations, and diminishing the perception (and reality) of the U.S. as an honest world broker, aid to Israel runs counter to U.S. goals and short- and long term interests."

From February 2018:

Nice photoshop job.

This is absolute nonsense.

The cause of the mass shooting, or one of them I should say, is the institutionalized zero-tolerance policy they universities are teaching young people toward anyone who does not kowtow to the offical progressive narrative.

From February 2018:

View attachment 273628
180814-MH-01-Donald.jpg
67949353_2359899514087836_2333180115275481088_n.jpg

Hypocrite?

Easy peasy, done.

Easy peasy, done.
Where do Americans find their computers, pharmaceuticals, and mineral fuels? Given a US population of 329.3 million people and its total $2.614 trillion in 2018 imports, that's roughly $7900 in yearly demand from each US resident.

orts

That would be our problem, not theirs. If they don't want to be stuck holding large amounts of dollars, just don't sell US large amounts of stuff.

Your attempt to make this mechanism of control that we are forcing onto other people, is not supported. ANd perhaps not rational.

I'm not sure, because you have not explained, at all, how you got to this conclusion.

images

images

Should Israel Continue to Receive Aid from the United States? - Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - ProCon.org

"Aid to Israel is against any conception of U.S. interests that one would want to hold, whether one is conservative or liberal. It subverts the conservatives' attempts to build a far-reaching international campaign against terrorism.

"It subverts the liberals' desire to direct U.S. policy toward upholding general human rights standards.

"By introducing tension with European and Arab countries, isolating the U.S. in the United Nations, and diminishing the perception (and reality) of the U.S. as an honest world broker, aid to Israel runs counter to U.S. goals and short- and long term interests."

My support of Israel is based on my opposition to the idea of genocide, and a lack of respect for people that start wars, lose and then whine about it.

Any empowerment of the people that want to wipe Israel off the map, will not be in American, or anyone else's interests.

images

images

The trade deficit and the budget deficit are not money flowing into the US, but money flowing out, and debt that is piling up on US, to eventually kill US.

When the US imports more than it exports, US dollars accumulate in foreign central banks which were obligated to buy US Treasuries with those dollars. That obliged foreign governments to finance the domestic US federal debt.

https://michael-hudson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/superimperialism.pdf (P. 30)

"How America’s payments deficit became a source of strength, not weakness

" This Treasury-bill standard was not at first a deliberate policy.

"Government officials tried to direct the private sector to run a balance-of-payments surplus capable of offsetting the deficit on overseas military spending.

"This was the stated objective of President Johnson’s 'voluntary' controls announced in February 1965.

"Banks and direct investors were limited as to how much they could lend or spend abroad.

"U.S. firms were obliged to finance their takeovers and other overseas investments by issuing foreign bonds so as to absorb foreign-held dollars and thereby keep them out of the hands of French, German and other central banks.

" But it soon became apparent that the new situation possessed some unanticipated virtues.

"As long as the United States did not have to pay in gold to finance its payments deficits after 1971 (in practice, after 1968), foreign governments could use their dollars only to help the Nixon Administration roll over the mounting federal debt year after year."

From February 2018:

Nice photoshop job.

This is absolute nonsense.

The cause of the mass shooting, or one of them I should say, is the institutionalized zero-tolerance policy they universities are teaching young people toward anyone who does not kowtow to the offical progressive narrative.
How many mass shooters are university graduates?
How many are raised in a gun culture that worships hired killers?
merlin_146885469_3165fef3-b058-4e5c-8b7e-bcc7afc897da-articleLarge.jpg

From February 2018:

View attachment 273628
180814-MH-01-Donald.jpg
View attachment 273693
Hypocrite?
How many illegal migrants did Clinton and Obama hire to work for them?
trumpshutdownraises.jpg

Report: Trump Happily Employing Undocumented Workers Amid ICE Raids

From February 2018:

View attachment 273628
180814-MH-01-Donald.jpg
View attachment 273693
Hypocrite?
How many illegal migrants did Clinton and Obama hire to work for them?
trumpshutdownraises.jpg

Report: Trump Happily Employing Undocumented Workers Amid ICE Raids
So Trump personally hired them?
61940599_2239779009390768_7273028031986270208_n.jpg

images

images

My support of Israel is based on my opposition to the idea of genocide, and a lack of respect for people that start wars, lose and then whine about it.

Any empowerment of the people that want to wipe Israel off the map, will not be in American, or anyone else's interests.
The Jews of Israel have been committing genocide against non-Jews in Palestine since 1948, at least.
Remember_Nakba_1948.jpg

1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia

How do you stimulate US exports without rebuilding US manufacturing infrastructure? How is that possible when Americans pay more for healthcare and housing than workers in China or Mexico or Vietnam?

How do you stimulate US exports without rebuilding US manufacturing infrastructure?

You asked me how to stimulate exports. I gave two suggestions.

Forum List

Back