Mike Tyson to fight Jake Paul on Netflix

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY

Paul and Tyson are about to get paid. I wouldn’t order it on PPV, but would gladly watch it on Netflix to satisfy my morbid curiosity

I pick Paul by KO
WTH? Tyson is almost 60 years old. This is ridiculous, but I guess he needs the money.

WTH? Tyson is almost 60 years old. This is ridiculous, but I guess he needs the money.
If Tyson was 50 he probably would beat Paul. But being that he’s 57 years old I don’t think he has a chance

Paul and Tyson are about to get paid. I wouldn’t order it on PPV, but would gladly watch it on Netflix to satisfy my morbid curiosity

I pick Paul by KO
There is a heck of a lot of difference between being 27 and being 57, especially in boxing or other high impact sports.

I don't think Paul will beat Tyson no matter how old he is. Tyson is still coaching fighters. The last guy he trained almost beat Tyson Fury. Tyson might not be as fast as he was but I bet he's still faster and has more power than Paul.

Jake Paul has never stepped into a ring with someone who has fought even one round of professional, championship level boxing, and he has never even had any noteworthy amateur experience.

He's nothing but a social media creation.

The first attribute that a professional fighter loses is their legs and the last attribute that a professional fighter loses is their punch.

Since Tyson was a formidable puncher, Paul had best be cautious, if it's actually going to be carried out as a legitimate match(which is doubtful).

Jake Paul has never stepped into a ring with someone who has fought even one round of professional, championship level boxing, and he has never even had any noteworthy amateur experience.

He's nothing but a social media creation.

The first attribute that a professional fighter loses is their legs, and the last attribute that a professional fighter loses is their punch.

Since Tyson was a formidable puncher, Paul had best be cautious, if it's actually going to be carried out as a legitimate match(which is doubtful).
Paul would be very unwise to try Tyson. Tyson has not gotten dumber about the sport as he has aged. That means he can see things coming from Paul that Paul won't think he's revealing and that would not be good for him. Paul has never been struck like he will get by Tyson even at 57. All money is not good money.

Paul would be very unwise to try Tyson. Tyson has not gotten dumber about the sport as he has aged. That means he can see things coming from Paul that Paul won't think he's revealing and that would not be good for him. Paul has never been struck like he will get by Tyson even at 57. All money is not good money.
I've heard from a couple of reliable sources that Tyson is more disciplined about conditioning at this point in his life than he was when was still an active fighter.

It will be easy to tell after a couple of rounds if Tyson was instructed to carry Paul and not hurt him.

• Informative
Reactions: IM2
I remember watching an old Ali with Parkinsons playing around wth another celebrity. He threw some jabs, and while they did not look like they did in his 20''s you could see that Ali had lost no technique. And technique is the key here. Tyson is wiser now, he probably won't be going for the quick knockout. I can see Tyson beating Paul severely to the body to break Paul down and then boom!

Last edited:
I've heard from a couple of reliable sources that Tyson is more disciplined about conditioning at this point in his life than he was when was still an active fighter.

It will be easy to tell after a couple of rounds if Tyson was instructed to carry Paul and not hurt him.
I don't doubt that. I've seen pictures of Tyson and he looks great for a man his age. Some of these idiots just don't think. I was a wrestler, I know full well about 1-1 combat. I would not mess with ANY former professional boxer, much less one who was the best in the world at any time in his career.

I don't think Paul will beat Tyson no matter how old he is. Tyson is still coaching fighters. The last guy he trained almost beat Tyson Fury. Tyson might not be as fast as he was but I bet he's still faster and has more power than Paul.

If Paul can't beat a nearly 60 year old fighter it will prove how illegitimate he is.

Tyson is still in great shape for his age, but any legitimate boxer would beat him easily.

Tyson was in decent shape when he fought Roy Jones jr, but he hadn't gotten his timing back.

My understanding is he's been training for 3 solid years.

I figure Mike will knock him out inside 3, but if it goes the distance it will be a draw.

If Paul can't beat a nearly 60 year old fighter it will prove how illegitimate he is.

Tyson is still in great shape for his age, but any legitimate boxer would beat him easily.
Paul is not a legitimate fighter. And not just any scrub can walk off the street and beat Mike Tyson. Tyson could not beat Tyson Fury at this stage in his life, but there are heavyweights in the top 50 he vould still beat.

Paul is not a legitimate fighter. And not just any scrub can walk off the street and beat Mike Tyson. Tyson could not beat Tyson Fury at this stage in his life, but there are heavyweights in the top 50 he vould still beat.

I agree.

If Tyson thought he could beat a top 50 heavyweight he'd be calling it out loud.

The ONLY reason Tyson took this fight is because he knows Paul ain't no legit fighter and will be easy money to survive the fight and even possibly win.

I've never heard tell of Jake Paul till this thread. Outside looking at his wiki just now I still don't know shit about him.

You're not missing anything.

Just another Youtuber who figured out he can make money by running his mouth.

People will follow anything these days and the Paul brothers are more proof of this.

Tyson was in decent shape when he fought Roy Jones jr, but he hadn't gotten his timing back.

My understanding is he's been training for 3 solid years.

I figure Mike will knock him out inside 3, but if it goes the distance it will be a draw.
I agree, If it is actually going to be a legitimate match.

My guess is that it will be scripted since Paul has never been in the ring with a world ranked fighter, past nor present, let alone one who was a world champion and fought at the highest level against the best opposition in his division for years.

Forum List

Back