michigan police officers arrest 12 year old taking out the trash

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

he matched the subscription of another punk kid who stole a car they were looking for. honest mistake. i expect to so benjeman crump on this one before long.

I was friends with a guy the cops mistook for Angelo Buono- one of the Hillside Stranglers. He did look a lot like him, I guess. They tackled him and brought him down to the station before it got straightened out.

Happens.

he matched the subscription of another punk kid who stole a car they were looking for. honest mistake. i expect to so benjeman crump on this one before long.

Crappy cops doing a crappy job. Honestly, it doesn't take all that long to avoid making horrible decisions like that.

Same as the idiots who arrested that poor girl in the UK.

So what? Was he charged? Sounds like an honest mistake.

Of course they have lawyers, they think they’ve won the black lottery.

Nah, this is just idiocy.

Crappy cops doing a crappy job. Honestly, it doesn't take all that long to avoid making horrible decisions like that.

Same as the idiots who arrested that poor girl in the UK.
they were just ding there job.

This is unfortunate and I'm sure, scary for the kid. But was he even taken to the police station? Or was it all a misunderstanding cleared up at the scene?

I think we expect officers to be perfect here. They're not! They're human. Geez.

This is unfortunate and I'm sure, scary for the kid. But was he even taken to the police station? Or was it all a misunderstanding cleared up at the scene?

I think we expect officers to be perfect here. They're not! They're human. Geez.
No one is perfect. Abusing people though is a tough nut to crack as an excuse when an authoritarian gets away with it. We live in a quick response society now with all of the modern social media and cable TV stations that are politically weaponized with accusations and demonizing. These law enforcement people in our nation have been gifted with all of the negativity going on and frustration from them to clean up their responses and what is more important escalation when they engage to any civilian. And they fail while promoting the law-and-order mantra. Citizens will continue to die for minor crap.

No one is perfect. Abusing people though is a tough nut to crack as an excuse when an authoritarian gets away with it. We live in a quick response society now with all of the modern social media and cable TV stations that are politically weaponized with accusations and demonizing. These law enforcement people in our nation have been gifted with all of the negativity going on and frustration from them to clean up their responses and what is more important escalation when they engage to any civilian. And they fail while promoting the law-and-order mantra. Citizens will continue to die for minor crap.

I wasn't able to load the video--was the kid abused? Or just wrongfully detained for a few minutes? Was he taken to the station? Was he injured or hurt in any way?

If the answers were no, and the police apologized, it's an unfortunate error.

I'm not a "back the blue no matter what". If the kid is injured or worse, no excuses. But if not, it's a mistake. People will make them.

they all look the same

I wasn't able to load the video--was the kid abused? Or just wrongfully detained for a few minutes? Was he taken to the station? Was he injured or hurt in any way?

If the answers were no, and the police apologized, it's an unfortunate error.

I'm not a "back the blue no matter what". If the kid is injured or worse, no excuses. But if not, it's a mistake. People will make them.
Once police start. Then it becomes escalation if there is any questioning. This is not about errors as they have all of the computers and access to us all in their squad cars. Looking at a cop wrong can become a felony. I understand what you typed. I was taught freedom in school. At 67 I have experienced profiling many times. And what is worse there are people who abuse the surveillance society we are building up. So, for each individual these things make their views on forums and threads like this part of the equation. There are millions of people who have been screwed with that never sued for what the authoritarian can do. For me, I have met and experienced many police who were fair and not become a person to get many lawyers due to that.

Yea because we all look alike, isn't really any big deal. They mistakenly identify one white kid with another white kid all the time.

Forum List

Back