Michelle uses racial slur

The word "gypsy" itself is a word used to describe someone from Egypt. Roma people are referred to as "Roma" or "Romani".

you find it interesting the msm media ignores something meaningless? I mean I have issues with the msm, but that isnt' one of them. rolflmao.

Only because I think they would have pointed it out if it wasn't coming from a minority.
Since it was from someone that's supposed to be sophisticated like the first lady though, I'm surprised that they didn't at least bring it up.

I don't like Michelle Obama, but I am giving her a pass on this one. Used gypped millions of time and had no idea it was a racial slur.

I think most would agree.

This is a word I haven't been comfortable about using for many years.
Hard to believe someone like the First Lady would be using it in 2014.

Indeed, and getting gypped is right up there with being an Indian Giver Redskin.

The first ape Zira got some 'slpainin' to do.

I would pefer a nasty greasy tinker over that madcow bitch mooochelle

The thinking part of America believes no slur occurred, while the idiots did.

No story. Let's close the thread.

no matter what is thought, it is a slur, was it malicious? No, just made out of ignorance as so many slurs are. It's not a big story and it was probably brought to her attention and it won't happen again.

it really is no story, however to claim is wasn't a slur is being an idiot.

Holy fuck, are we leftists now that we attack insignificant bullshit?

I'm really not attacking anything more here than the media, and how they will excuse certain people of insensitivities, but go after others.

For me, I stopped using this term long ago, I think it was my dad that raised the fuss to me about it.
It really didn't bother me though to hear it. Certainly not like some other slurs.

Not a racial slur an ethnic one.

But nah, it's just a phrase. No biggie.

I'd agree with you except for the suspicion that Michelle would be offended if anyone ever said she had reneged on an agreement.

Reneged is not ethnic nor racist, but the moonbats get the vapors over it.

Now ya got me thinking back.

I remember my grandfather using the term but thought of it as being spelled "gipped". It was just after World War II and I thought he had said "japped" t'was then that he spelled it out for me. There was a place in a nearby town called "Gypsy Hill" because that's where the people traveling in horse-drawn caravans settled in each autumn when the arrived to pick the apple crop. We also referred to them as "tinkers" which was not intended to be derogatory. The older men had great talent for fixing broken toys and appliances, even mending metal pots. That latter part was important, given the metal shortages at the time. They had developed a rivet-like device that could be used to fix a small hole in a pot. It was called a "tinker's dam". Cost a few pennies. Over the years the term got perverted and used in the expression: "I don't give a tinker's damn" to refer to something for which one would not give even a few cents.

I'd agree with you except for the suspicion that Michelle would be offended if anyone ever said she had reneged on an agreement.

i'm sure you have proof of that other than the voices in your head:

“renege” is built from Latin roots, the prefix “re” plus the verb stem “negare,” meaning “to deny” (and which also gave us our modern English “negative,” “deny” and several other words). The only slightly sticky part is that “re.” Ordinarily, “re” appended to a verb signals repetition or restoration, as in “renew” (make new again), “recreate” (make again), “refer” (literally “to carry back”), and so on. In this case, however, the “re” acts as an intensive modifier, meaning “strongly,” so “renegare” carries the meaning of “to deny strongly or completely; to refuse.” Thus to “renege” on a promise is to flatly refuse to keep it.

Renege « The Word Detective

or did you just think you were being amusing?

If not that, should one suggest she acted "niggardly" she would come unglued.

It's as racist as Redskins. Only difference is there is no upside trying to pretend its awful or even hurting anyone.

Forum List

Back