Methane growth may be indicating a glacial termination event

What's up with that, Dr doom?
Over the course of my participation in this forum, numerous AGW deniers have used one variation or another of the line " stop breathing - it'll cut down on the CO2". Others have simply wished me or other mainstream science supporters dead. No one seems to bothered by it, though when I made a similar comment clearly identified as a hypothetical, it ended up in the sig of a local denier and has been there for a couple years now.

Over the course of my participation in this forum, numerous AGW deniers have used one variation or another of the line " stop breathing - it'll cut down on the CO2". Others have simply wished me or other mainstream science supporters dead. No one seems to bothered by it, though when I made a similar comment clearly identified as a hypothetical, it ended up in the sig of a local denier and has been there for a couple years now.
Dr. Doom, nothing you ever write about happens. And it's all you ever yap about. So doc, what can we, as private citizens, do about it? Nothing.

Dr. Doom, nothing you ever write about happens. And it's all you ever yap about. So doc, what can we, as private citizens, do about it? Nothing.
Vote for people who accept the mainstream science conclusions regarding anthropogenic global warming.
Do what you can to reduce your consumption of fossil fuels.

Looks like something to me.

Vote for people who accept the mainstream science conclusions regarding anthropogenic global warming.
Do what you can to reduce your consumption of fossil fuels.

Looks like something to me.
Lol, while China and Russia pollute a 1000 times more than we do. Why don't you go over there and straighten them out? They're the problem.

Lol, while China and Russia pollute a 1000 times more than we do. Why don't you go over there and straighten them out? They're the problem.
Now you're trying to move the goal posts. If we elect people who accept mainstream science's conclusions re AGW (as I suggested), they will attempt to get everyone on this planet - China and India included - to reduce their GHG emissions. We can do something and if you're going to argue that we should wait for China and India, you're being a childish fool cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Now you're trying to move the goal posts. If we elect people who accept mainstream science's conclusions re AGW (as I suggested), they will attempt to get everyone on this planet - China and India included - to reduce their GHG emissions. We can do something and if you're going to argue that we should wait for China and India, you're being a childish fool cutting off your nose to spite your face.
No, just proving what a hypocrite broken record you are. And liar, I didn't argue anything, that's just lies from you.

No, just proving what a hypocrite broken record you are. And liar, I didn't argue anything, that's just lies from you.
Did you not just say "Lol, while China and Russia pollute a 1000 times more than we do. Why don't you go over there and straighten them out? They're the problem."?

I'm not the one that's lying.

Did you not just say "Lol, while China and Russia pollute a 1000 times more than we do. Why don't you go over there and straighten them out? They're the problem."?

I'm not the one that's lying.
Classic deflection

Fine by me. I'd been hitting "Show ignored content" everytime I responded to you. You've been blocked for months.

For the record ... cows belch methane when they vomit up their food to be chewed again ... it's called "ruminating" ... our Fourth Pillar of The Solution is to consume 90% less meat ... so 90% less cows belching methane ... live like Neanderthals ... can't cut down trees so we'll have to live in caves ...

Methane has a very short lifespan in our atmosphere ... half-life of 15 years I believe ... so natural seepage isn't enough to change anything, certainly not any of the 100-year climate averages ... the methane would have to be continuously added to the atmosphere for there to be any effect ... and our pipeline system is one leaky son-of-a-bitch ... makes Jackson, Mississippi's water system look sound ...

The end consumer just isn't paying enough for natural gas service ... so safety and the environment will suffer ...

There were MILLIONS and MILLIONS of Buffalo, and they are ruminants too, now less than around 75,000 remain.....

A non-anthropogenic acceleration in atmospheric methane since 2006 closely resembles methane trends seen in past glacial termination events.

AND

Yawn..... the warm forcing is negligible around 1/2 W m/2 per doubling and most of the methane has been long released from permafrost that used to be south to around the 42-degrees North boundary in North America.

You are the Jehovah's Witness of doomsaying.

Yawn..... the warm forcing is negligible around 1/2 W m/2 per doubling and most of the methane has been long released from permafrost that used to be south to around the 42-degrees North boundary in North America.

You are the Jehovah's Witness of doomsaying.
And you are an ignorant fool. The OP is not doomsaying. You don't even seem to know what's its saying.

There were MILLIONS and MILLIONS of Buffalo, and they are ruminants too, now less than around 75,000 remain.....

Trivial ... there's a billion cows, 750 million pigs ... EIGHT BILLION filthy humans ... humans came and killed off all the large predators ... so buffalo populations exploded until Europeans came and kill them off ... that's part of "ruining the environment" ...

Baleen whales eat phototplankton ... when we were harvesting these animals at industrial levels, global temperatures fell because photoplankton was sinking carbon dioxide ... once international bans of whaling came into effect, global temperatures skyrocketed ... not enough photoplankton ... that's cause-and-effect, not correlation ...

Trivial ... there's a billion cows, 750 million pigs ... EIGHT BILLION filthy humans ... humans came and killed off all the large predators ... so buffalo populations exploded until Europeans came and kill them off ... that's part of "ruining the environment" ...

Baleen whales eat phototplankton ... when we were harvesting these animals at industrial levels, global temperatures fell because photoplankton was sinking carbon dioxide ... once international bans of whaling came into effect, global temperatures skyrocketed ... not enough photoplankton ... that's cause-and-effect, not correlation ...
There is no such thing as photoplankton. There is zooplankton (that baelenoptera eat) and phytoplankton, which zooplankton eat. Taking whales would affect zooplankton populations (absolutely minutely) which might increase phytoplankton populations (absolutely minutely) which would decrease CO2 levels in the oceans. The effect, if even god could detect it, would go in the opposite direction.

What the fuck have you been smoking?

A non-anthropogenic acceleration in atmospheric methane since 2006 closely resembles methane trends seen in past glacial termination events.

AND

Seems like they don't know the difference between an ice age and glacial cycles. We've already entered an interglacial period, so it's hard to understand exactly what he is claiming is going to happen next.

Forum List

Back