Metal Detectors -The solution to School Shootings

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
They first started being used in the schools in Detroit in the 1980's, and are very efficient at preventing school shootings.

When is the last time you heard of a school shooting at a ghetto high school?

This is a REAL solution for school boards concerned about safety, a lot more so than "background checks". Metal detectors can stop the students from bringing in shivs as well. And the metal detector can show which pupils are suitcasing their firearms.

America already has this kind of protection at its federal office buildings as well as penitentiaries.

Shouldn't we value our children's safety as much as we do our do-nothing bureaucrats and child molesters serving time?

The darkies have already found a way around this, they pass guns through open windows at the schools.

The shooters come in AFTER all the kids have entered the building....why have fat cops on duty when they are evidently ineffective, cowards and can't do their jobs.?

Armed teachers.

Back when I was in school, our teachers didn't have firearms, but they were well trained in martial arts and had no problems between down us kids when needed.
I see, all my teachers were WWII vets and they knew how to bayonet anyone causing problems, even the female teachers were hardcore...

The shooters come in AFTER all the kids have entered the building....why have fat cops on duty when they are evidently ineffective, cowards and can't do their jobs.?

That's been known to happen in some situations. But if the doors are kept locked and people just can't walk into a school building without a body cavity search, it becomes harder to sneak in with an assault weapon.

Look at places like Sing Sing or ADX Florence.

Some of the worst of the worst are housed there, and they've never had a mass shooting.

That's been known to happen in some situations. But if the doors are kept locked and people just can't walk into a school building without a body cavity search, it becomes harder to sneak in with an assault weapon.

Some of the worst of the worst are housed there, and they've never had a mass shooting.
The doors at schools all have magnetic locks and can only be opened by pushing a button which demagnetizes the tumbler...Ahhhh, so now you want to do cavity searches on teens and preteens, yeah I bet you are popular at schools.

They first started being used in the schools in Detroit in the 1980's, and are very efficient at preventing school shootings.

This is a REAL solution for school boards concerned about safety, a lot more so than "background checks". Metal detectors can stop the students from bringing in shivs as well. And the metal detector can show which pupils are suitcasing their firearms.

America already has this kind of protection at its federal office buildings as well as penitentiaries.

Shouldn't we value our children's safety as much as we do our do-nothing bureaucrats and child molesters serving time?

thats just geography,, the real solution is better parenting and making the parents responsible when the kids fuck up

Let me relate a metal detector story for you.

I had an interview with the VA in one of their offices in a major downtown area. When I walked up to the metal detector, I removed all of the possible offending items they listed. On my first pass through, the system alarmed. I was directed back out and wanded, determining it was the belt buckle on my pants that I had not been required to be removed. I took it off and on my second pass, I alarmed again. The hand wand was used and determined it was the metal contained in the buttons on my sport coat, Taking it off, I tried the third time to go through. Again, it alarmed. By now, I was pretty certain I didn't have anything metal, but the hand wand showed something metallic in my pants! It was my zipper in my pants! They did not make me remove those thankfully! By now, the line behind me was significant and everyone seemed to be enjoying the show. I made my appointment on time and the interviewer had already heard about the guy who couldn't get past the metal detector. I admitted that it was me!

I once taught in a Florida high school that had 64 doors and not a single window in a huge single story building. Metal detectors would have been useless as long as anyone could pass a weapon through one of these doors. Also, shepherding 3600 students through metal detectors would mean classes could probably not start before lunch!

Let me relate a metal detector story for you.

I had an interview with the VA in one of their offices in a major downtown area. When I walked up to the metal detector, I removed all of the possible offending items they listed. On my first pass through, the system alarmed. I was directed back out and wanded, determining it was the belt buckle on my pants that I had not been required to be removed. I took it off and on my second pass, I alarmed again. The hand wand was used and determined it was the metal contained in the buttons on my sport coat, Taking it off, I tried the third time to go through. Again, it alarmed. By now, I was pretty certain I didn't have anything metal, but the hand wand showed something metallic in my pants! It was my zipper in my pants! They did not make me remove those thankfully! By now, the line behind me was significant and everyone seemed to be enjoying the show. I made my appointment on time and the interviewer had already heard about the guy who couldn't get past the metal detector. I admitted that it was me!
They'd have to remove spinal disk in my neck for me to clear.

Quit often actually---many shootings at ghetto schools. Thankfully, they usually don't know how to shoot well and don't plan well.

I once taught in a Florida high school that had 64 doors and not a single window in a huge single story building. Metal detectors would have been useless as long as anyone could pass a weapon through one of these doors. Also, shepherding 3600 students through metal detectors would mean classes could probably not start before lunch!
It does take a long ass time to move a very large school with the kids to metal detectors. On top of that, add individual inspection the bags and at a minimum weekly inspections and walkers with police dogs and the whole 9 yards, and you’re looking at a huge chunk of teaching time taken up by such considerations.

Armed teachers.

Back when I was in school, our teachers didn't have firearms, but they were well trained in martial arts and had no problems between down us kids when needed.
Try that post again in English, please!

Back when I was in school, our teachers didn't have firearms, but they were well trained in martial arts and had no problems BEATING down us kids when needed.
:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back