META (Facebook) Banning Conservatives over their opinions.....

It is their damn place, why should they not have control over it.

Do you not have control over the things you own?

And again, publishers and platforms are private companies, why do they have rules of engagement.

Mention s230 be prepared to understand that was designed to NOT have to moderate.

The Trumpster motif: Who cares if it's true? If it feels good, just say it over and over again. If some proves you wrong, say it louder.

Gov telling them what to stop saying.

Comete bullshit.

Gov telling them what to stop saying.
I was addressing MinTrut's claims that FB is the "public square" and should therefore be taken over by government. Fuck that.

As far as government bullying businesses into doing their bidding - that definitely happens, and we need to put a stop to it. But regulating social media won't solve that problem. It will make it worse

Really is this site taking direction from the FBI, they way zuckerbucks admitted he did to effect an election?
As long as it's voluntary, taking direction from the FBI isn't illegal. If Zuckerberg went to the FBI and said, "we know a lot of this crap is Russian hackers, can you help us identify which is which?" - while it may be stupid and gullible on Zuckerberg's part, there's nothing wrong with that. If, on the other hand, the FBI said "squash the Hunter Biden story or we're going to make your life a living hell", that's an obvious crime and we should do something about it.

I think the bottom line here is that FB has a lot of users and a lot of power to influence elections. It's run by liberals and that pisses you off. So you want some kind of government takeover because, despite claims to the contrary, you're no conservative. When push comes to shove you want to use government to get one over on the other guy. Just like every other statist liberal.

I was addressing MinTrut's claims that FB is the "public square"
Good so far...
and should therefore be taken over by government. Fuck that.
Bizarre straw man claim.
As far as government bullying businesses into doing their bidding - that definitely happens, and we need to put a stop to it. But regulating social media won't solve that problem. It will make it worse
^ Totally lost in the weeds.

Really is this site taking direction from the FBI, they way zuckerbucks admitted he did to effect an election?

In their desire to crush opposing viewpoints, the pro-censorship crowd is making all manner of bizarre and counter-factual claims.

I was addressing MinTrut's claims that FB is the "public square" and should therefore be taken over by government. Fuck that.

Not worse.

Flat out REQUIRE IT. It is rather sad to see the right demanding that government bully business to do what they want. I am left wondering what core value remains on the right. Maybe gun ownership? I wonder when they will abandon that one as well.

The First Amendment is a limitation on government power. Period. "Congress shall pass no law ..."

The cruel irony is that applying it to individuals actually violates the First. For government to ensure that everyone honors everyone else's freedom of speech would require that the government broadly monitor speech. The exact opposite of the intent.

We see the same inversion going on in civil rights. Liberals are trying to change the notion that government shouldn't be allowed to discriminate, to the idea that no one should be allowed to discriminate. But for the government to ensure that none of us discriminate against each other, they have discriminate themselves. So we get a legal code littered with "protected classes" and special provisions for various minorities. The exact opposite of equal rights.
This is what happens when you abandoned all pretense of even having a set of core principals. It is solely about political party now, there are no core values left to defend.

Forum List

Back