Mesa Police shooting: Daniel Shaver seen crawling, begging in disturbing video...officer walks?!

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
How is there any court in the land that would allow this cop to walk away free?

He is asking a guy to levitate to him on the ground, the guy is in tears begging for his life, clearly not a threat, with his hands being unable to allow him to crawl. I recall when this first happened it was posted on here and there was no way I believed this cop would get off after seeing the horrific video.

This case should have been taken up by the FBI, if they can do so.
I've seen more comments such as "this is why I will never visit the United States" on social media to this particular case than any other I've seen. Whether youtube, twitter or elsewhere. It's the type of action that harms a nation, as our creepy covert police do to Canada reputation.

Officers who engage in this type of activity create an environment of fear and distrust. They in fact, make the job for good, intelligent cops more difficult.

mesa2.jpg

Mesa Police shooting: Daniel Shaver seen crawling, begging in disturbing video​

MESA -- Police in Mesa, Arizona released disturbing body camera video on Thursday hours after a former officer was acquitted of a murder charge in the fatal shooting of an unarmed man.

The verdict cleared Philip Brailsford, 27, of criminal liability in the 2016 death of Daniel Shaver, of Granbury, Texas. He was also found not guilty of reckless manslaughter, reports CBS Phoenix affiliate KPHO-TV.

The shooting occurred at a hotel in the Phoenix suburb where officers responded to a report of someone pointing a gun out of a window. The video, obtained by KPHO, shows Brailsford pointing a gun at Shaver as Shaver lies on the ground, holds his hands in the air, cries and begs the officer not to shoot.

He is asking a guy to levitate to him on the ground, the guy is in tears begging for his life, clearly not a threat, with his hands being unable to allow him to crawl. I recall when this first happened it was posted on here and there was no way I believed this cop would get off after seeing the horrific video.

This case should have been taken up by the FBI, if they can do so. I've seen more comments such as "this is why I will never visit the United States" on social media to this particular case than any other I've seen. Whether youtube, twitter or elsewhere. It's the type of action that harms a nation, as our creepy covert police do to Canada reputation.

Officers who engage in this type of activity create an environment of fear and distrust. They in fact, make the job for good, intelligent cops more difficult.

mesa2.jpg

MESA -- Police in Mesa, Arizona released disturbing body camera video on Thursday hours after a former officer was acquitted of a murder charge in the fatal shooting of an unarmed man.

The verdict cleared Philip Brailsford, 27, of criminal liability in the 2016 death of Daniel Shaver, of Granbury, Texas. He was also found not guilty of reckless manslaughter, reports CBS Phoenix affiliate KPHO-TV.

The shooting occurred at a hotel in the Phoenix suburb where officers responded to a report of someone pointing a gun out of a window. The video, obtained by KPHO, shows Brailsford pointing a gun at Shaver as Shaver lies on the ground, holds his hands in the air, cries and begs the officer not to shoot.
I remember that one....that cop most certainly should have been charged and found guilty of murder.

That video is right up there with George Floyd...but the body cam footage was not released until recently :(

That video is right up there with George Floyd...but the body cam footage was not released until recently :(
Yep.....I think we should just have the cops turn over all of their guns and their cars to drug-addicts and criminals
Because you folks seem to want to second-guess everything they do.

No I don't know. Tell me how that POS cop is not in jail. It's bull shit. If blm showed up to protest it would you support them?
The cop has less that 2 seconds to decide to pull the trigger or let himself get murdered.
Sorry if you don't support a cop having to make that decision.

I'm surprised you re defending this action. As far as I am concerned, the cop was an idiot who was too skittish to be a cop. Plain and simple. There are situations where an officer has to defend himself, this was hardly such a situation. If he couldn't handle the arrest by himself, he should have waited for backup to cuff the kid.

Some people have suggested he was basically playing "Simon Says" with the kid with the intention of looking for a reason to shoot him. If that were my kid I am pursuing a civil suit.

No I don't know. Tell me how that POS cop is not in jail. It's bull shit. If blm showed up to protest it would you support them?
The cop has less that 2 seconds to decide to pull the trigger or let himself get murdered.

I'm surprised you re defending this action. As far as I am concerned, the cop was an idiot who was too skittish to be a cop. Plain and simple. There are situations where an officer has to defend himself, this was hardly such a situation. If he couldn't handle the arrest by himself, he should have waited for backup to cuff the kid.

Some people have suggested he was basically playing "Simon Says" with the kid with the intention of looking for a reason to shoot him. If that were my kid I am pursuing a civil suit.
When you pin on a badge....you can criticize them.
Imagine being in a war-zone where they give you a pistol and a car with no up-armor.....and expect you to put up with drunks and people trying to kill you on 12 hr shifts 365 days a year....and all the while....the libs in City Hall are trying to screw you over....and throw you in jail because you shot a black guy that resisted arrest and tried to murder you.

When you pin on a badge....you can criticize them.
Imagine being in a war-zone where they give you a pistol and a car with no up-armor.....and expect you to put up with drunks and people trying to kill you on 12 hr shifts 365 days a year....and all the while....the libs in City Hall are trying to screw you over....and throw you in jail because you shot a black guy that resisted arrest and tried to murder you.

I don't play in the NHL and I can criticize a dirty hit or a bad goal.

I've seen enough such videos, sometimes even with rookie cops who handled the situation better than this guy did. The guy did what he was told, even though the instructions were confusing and the guy getting them is under duress. He still ended up dead.

If you accept all murders by cops as "well it's a tough job", then you might as well just be living in El Salvador or something.

Lol not in this case watch the video. Your full of shit as usual.

Lol not in this case watch the video. Your full of shit as usual.
I watched it, the idiot put his hand behind him after being told repeatedly not to.

Cop has no idea if there is a gun on his back waist or not.
Frankly I’m surprised he didn’t shoot him when he put both his hands behind his back that first time.

It’s shitty, maybe the guy just panicked, but maybe he shouldn’t had pointed a gun at someone and got the cops called on him.

This case should have been taken up by the FBI, if they can do so. I've seen more comments such as "this is why I will never visit the United States" on social media to this particular case than any other I've seen. Whether youtube, twitter or elsewhere. It's the type of action that harms a nation, as our creepy covert police do to Canada reputation.

mesa2.jpg

Told what to do and what would happen if he didn't.

What part of that is so hard to understand.

Forum List

Back