Merry Orthodox Christmas!

mdk

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2014
Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas today! Sadly, my great-uncle's party is canceled this year, but we are hopeful it will occur next year. I suppose my GI will thank me for not eating all the lamb. lol

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas today! Sadly, my great-uncle's party is canceled this year, but we are hopeful it will occur next year. I suppose my GI will thank me for not eating all the lamb. lol

"GI" = ? What Church are you part of.... some Eastern Orthodox rite I presume? As a Roman Catholic, no objections to your practices or beliefs. Love your masses and ornate shows of reverence. Beautiful churches as well.

Which brings me to your comment on 'scientism.' The "objection" is referring to what? Is it that science thinks far too highly of itself, because they are bankrupt on explaining "the mystical" or life after death and refuse to even pretend it is of greater value for mankind than anything they are tinkering with?

"GI" = ? What Church are you part of.... some Eastern Orthodox rite I presume? As a Roman Catholic, no objections to your practices or beliefs. Love your masses and ornate shows of reverence. Beautiful churches as well.

Which brings me to your comment on 'scientism.' The "objection" is referring to what? Is it that science thinks far too highly of itself, because they are bankrupt on explaining "the mystical" or life after death and refuse to even pretend it is of greater value for mankind than anything they are tinkering with?

I was raised Roman Catholic, but my grandmother was Serbian Orthodox that converted to match the faith of her husband. The rest of her massive family was all Orthodox, so we celebrated both holidays. This day was mostly small gifts and feasting to excess.

By GI I mean my digestive tract. lol

I think this is the first year we aren't doing anything for it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Yeah, it's a bit of a drag. I only get to see many of these family members during this holiday. Usually at this time I would be at the airport picking of relatives or baking coins into loaves of bread.

Yeah, it's a bit of a drag. I only get to see many of these family members during this holiday. Usually at this time I would be at the airport picking of relatives or baking coins into loaves of bread.
Then you should become bickering Baptist so you don't care about them or miss them..

• Funny
Reactions: mdk

Then you should become bickering Baptist so you don't care about them or miss them..
Hard pass.

The Russians (Putin) received a beautiful present yesterday, and right on time. Bonnes Fêtes, Monsieur.

Merry Christmas!

I have to say that you folks run the best church festivals ever held in the DC area. OPA! Hopefully, Covid will be over by spring and we can get back to the lamb, retsina, the fabulous pastries, and the dancing. Have a great day.

Forum List

Back