Men...who is single?

Ok Cupid is fun. If this doesn't work try that.

Really? I've heard others complain about that site. Meh, that's just what I've heard about it. Some people may like it I suppose.
Meeting people just isn't THAT difficult. Why screw around with dating sites and all the tippy toeing around the heart of the matter which is finding someone compatible?\

Whatever her's or his interests are just take that interest public as in joining a class in a mutual interest or going to places that present common interests.

There is no such thing as magic through the internets. Face to face by random access girl. Movie theaters have lobbies. Physical fitness clubs are one way to see what one might be interested in. There are just so many REAL avenues to explore that actually cut to the engagement and bypass the chase.

I think that is very true. You can meet a lot of different people that way. I have read of people who met online and actually got married though, so the internet dating thing does work for some people. :)

I think that people that hook up via the internet are acting on their FANTASIES. I guess it is possible but seriously, real people have been meeting real people the old fashioned way face to face since the first cave man or woman bonked an attractive candidate on the head with a club and dragged their beau home.

Net meetups are pretty good nowadays, I would rather meet a net person then someone in a bar.

It's very difficult to meet people at the bar. Most of them tend to be drunk or well on their way. Lol. I don't think that's ever a good way to meet new people, being all drunk and stupid and disgusting. Lol. :lol: I'm usually the designated driver when we go to clubs or something. I don't drink much, so I can go the whole night with just soda or even water. I enjoy the dancing and the music MUCH more than the alcohol. :D

I don't drink at all, but I had a friend at work who drank all the time and my friends relationships developed from bars. The drama those relationships had!

We were friends but I got tired of phone calls at 2am asking me to come help stop the drunken fighting going on....ugh!

I've met quite a few people from the internet and usually they are even nicer in person than online.

Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean. I've known plenty of couples who drink and fight . . . a lot. Unfortunately, one of them happened to be my neighbor. At first it was amusing to hear them fighting, but it got old REAL fast. Lol.

Ok Cupid is fun. If this doesn't work try that.

Really? I've heard others complain about that site. Meh, that's just what I've heard about it. Some people may like it I suppose.
"can have a temper"

I'm too old, but, I'd be all like "no way".
Not a temper that is screeching and yelling. Just able to stand up for herself if pushed. How old is too old??? 40 to 55? Maybe I should up the ante. ;)

Meeting people just isn't THAT difficult. Why screw around with dating sites and all the tippy toeing around the heart of the matter which is finding someone compatible?\

Whatever her's or his interests are just take that interest public as in joining a class in a mutual interest or going to places that present common interests.

There is no such thing as magic through the internets. Face to face by random access girl. Movie theaters have lobbies. Physical fitness clubs are one way to see what one might be interested in. There are just so many REAL avenues to explore that actually cut to the engagement and bypass the chase.

I think that is very true. You can meet a lot of different people that way. I have read of people who met online and actually got married though, so the internet dating thing does work for some people. :)

I think that people that hook up via the internet are acting on their FANTASIES. I guess it is possible but seriously, real people have been meeting real people the old fashioned way face to face since the first cave man or woman bonked an attractive candidate on the head with a club and dragged their beau home.

Very true, but times are changing. A lot of younger people are now using the internet to meet. It's certainly not ideal in my opinion, but to each his or her own, I suppose. I guess as long as you get some information beforehand and vet the person before actually meeting, and also probably not go alone for a first date but have a double date or something, it's okay.

Double date agreed! perhaps a joint Dog walk !

Well, there ya have it. Chris is on the prowl. Any other women want to jump in too? I'll just tell my friend to head to PoF.

(pssssssst. Roadrunner...my gut says your Ret. Military son might be a good match due to lots in common (grandpappy/mom). Maybe. Touch base with him, lol).

lol. Sure ya are! But it's ok. I don't think there are any Manly Decent Gentlemen here that are within that age range here anyway. Thems been taken already. :(

Actually...I went over there (didn't join), just to look. Age range 62 to 72. Wow. Iffen I were single....that's where I'd be lookin'. Own home, dog in pic with them, like to putter around in the garden, non drinkers or just a wine now and then, handsome with that pretty silvergray hair. Or so they say. :lol:

I am frugal too. Been a long time since I bought anything NEW..as in clothing. I go to thrift shops. Why buy Tienda Ho outfits for 100 bucks when someone else was stupid enough to do it, wore it a few times, tossed it, and I get it for 15 bucks?
And steak. Mr Gracie and I get one big FAT tbone. He gets the T and other half, I get the fillet mignon. But we do that once a month. So yeah..frugal is good.

I love thrift shops Gracie, but I always end up buying things I don't need LOL
Last scores at the thrift shop was the piano scarf for 15 bucks..sold on ebay for 200.00....pair of mens size 13 Uggs for 2 bucks...sold on ebay for 75.00. I need to go again on Tuesday. They are closed tomorrow and monday.

Holy Crap, that's great! I usually buy books, which I shouldn't do because I have too many and I can't read all of them.

Taking care of Mom is first. Paying to meet a guy...not on her agenda and against my advice for now. But if things pick up for her, I will tell her to check it out once the pc is fixed.
I thought "what the hell. Saturday night. USMB. Men for friend to meet. Find one?"...hence the thread.:spinner:

Nothing wrong with that, IMO. Just be careful and tell her to be careful and do the double date thing. I think that is the safest way to go. :) Also fun and takes some of the pressure off the people who are just meeting.

I am frugal too. Been a long time since I bought anything NEW..as in clothing. I go to thrift shops. Why buy Tienda Ho outfits for 100 bucks when someone else was stupid enough to do it, wore it a few times, tossed it, and I get it for 15 bucks?
And steak. Mr Gracie and I get one big FAT tbone. He gets the T and other half, I get the fillet mignon. But we do that once a month. So yeah..frugal is good.

Last scores at the thrift shop was the piano scarf for 15 bucks..sold on ebay for 200.00....pair of mens size 13 Uggs for 2 bucks...sold on ebay for 75.00. I need to go again on Tuesday. They are closed tomorrow and monday.

Holy Crap, that's great! I usually buy books, which I shouldn't do because I have too many and I can't read all of them.
I never...EVER buy anything that I can't or won't use myself OR sell on ebay. Always on the prowl, I am. What is sad is..the other "dealers" in town have discovered the owner is not very smart and prices stuff wildly. Stuff she claims is vintage is not and priced horridly where NOBODY will buy it, stuff she thinks is junk is a gold mine. But now the other antique dealers go there so I have to be on the ball. I made friends with the owner..told her about some candlesticks that were sterling, something else that was worth more than what she was asking..just to get on her good side. So now she tells me when she is hauling in new households she bought (estates) and I can get there before anyone else does. If I'm lucky.

I never...EVER buy anything that I can't or won't use myself OR sell on ebay. Always on the prowl, I am. What is sad is..the other "dealers" in town have discovered the owner is not very smart and prices stuff wildly. Stuff she claims is vintage is not and priced horridly where NOBODY will buy it, stuff she thinks is junk is a gold mine. But now the other antique dealers go there so I have to be on the ball. I made friends with the owner..told her about some candlesticks that were sterling, something else that was worth more than what she was asking..just to get on her good side. So now she tells me when she is hauling in new households she bought (estates) and I can get there before anyone else does. If I'm lucky.

That's a pretty cool way to make some extra pocket money, and nothing to sneeze about either.

Taking care of Mom is first. Paying to meet a guy...not on her agenda and against my advice for now. But if things pick up for her, I will tell her to check it out once the pc is fixed.
I thought "what the hell. Saturday night. USMB. Men for friend to meet. Find one?"...hence the thread.:spinner:

Nothing wrong with that, IMO. Just be careful and tell her to be careful and do the double date thing. I think that is the safest way to go. :) Also fun and takes some of the pressure off the people who are just meeting.
There is no double dating. I wanted to see if anyone here I already have been posting alongside of are interested in being penpal with a great classy BEAUTIFUL lady and they take it there...to pms or emails or whatever. IF any were here and IF I think she would not kill me for hooking her up with a fellow poster pal and he turned out to be wackadoodle. And the guy, too, has to be careful as well. It ain't just men that can be sleazeballs. Long as they don't judge her for being friends with me...it'll be fine. She is not like me at all. Much nicer. Very kind. Lots of friends. Just no men friends she feels a connection with.

Anyway...like I said..I was bored, we jabbered earlier about finding decent guys and I decided to unbore myself and see if I could find her someone.:thanks:

That's a pretty cool way to make some extra pocket money, and nothing to sneeze about either.
Do you sell on ebay? I can tell you what to look for and what sells. So next time you hit the thrift shop...you will know what to buy.

lol. Sure ya are! But it's ok. I don't think there are any Manly Decent Gentlemen here that are within that age range here anyway. Thems been taken already. :(
Well, there ya have it. Chris is on the prowl. Any other women want to jump in too? I'll just tell my friend to head to PoF.

(pssssssst. Roadrunner...my gut says your Ret. Military son might be a good match due to lots in common (grandpappy/mom). Maybe. Touch base with him, lol).

I'm just kidding. I'm not on the prowl at all. ;)

What ? yeah, but you could easily use that pork cranberry stuffing of yours as bait

Do you sell on ebay? I can tell you what to look for and what sells. So next time you hit the thrift shop...you will know what to buy.

Nope, I don't even have an Ebay account. I probably wouldn't know if something was valuable. :lol:

I like watching the antique roadshow though, it's neat when people bring stuff in and find out it's worth a gold mine lol.

I'm just kidding. I'm not on the prowl at all. ;)

What ? yeah, but you could easily use that pork cranberry stuffing of yours as bait

Well, they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so that advice is probably pretty good. Lol! ;)

If you want extra pocket money, open an ebay account. But be picky what you list for sale.

Mr Gracie got a shitload of glass doorknobs...two sided..with plates for the skeleton key...at the swap meet for 10 bucks. I had an antique brass piece listed on Craigslist he got for a buck, and the guy that came out to buy it for 40 bucks...we told him about the doorknobs. He just bought a really old house and was wanting to restore it to its former glory so we told him and he wanted to see. I hadn't listed them yet on ebay (was going to start the bidding at 39.99 for the lot of them) and he looked at them and said "will you take 60 for the lot"? and we said SURE. 100 bucks in 10 minutes, paid 15.00 total for the knobs and brass thingy. Which is good, cuz rent is due tomorrow!

Nope, I don't even have an Ebay account. I probably wouldn't know if something was valuable. :lol:

I like watching the antique roadshow though, it's neat when people bring stuff in and find out it's worth a gold mine lol.

I like to see people's faces when they are told that piece of junk they found in their basement is worth thousands of dollars. Lol. That's the best part of those shows, IMO!

I hate it when they go "oh really?" with a bored look on their face as they sigh and flash their diamond rings and necklaces while sitting in front of the camera. Or, when they say "it will never be sold. Its family heirloom". LIARS LIARS PANTS ON FIRE! They are gonna sell it lickety split soon as they get out the door, lol.

Forum List

Back