Megachurch Puts Woman ‘Under Discipline’ For Wanting To Divorce A Pedophile

my first post yesterday at 10 am was al the answer needed.
why should I ask when it's all soo obvious.
everything you've posted since then has been making excuses for that church....

I'm not excusing the church, I am saying no one is being held hostage, she is free to worship where ever she wants. You have not given one reason she can't!

I would never go to a mega church, nothing says impersonal than those.

You nutters go to the extremes, if you try to rationalize with you people, you go to extremes. You remind me on 911 inside job.
Irrelevant! btw rationalizing does not mean what you think it does
rationalize
[ ˈraSHənlˌīz, ˈraSHnəˌlīz ]
VERB
present participle: rationalizing
  1. attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate:

Since you want to not explain yourself, your opinion has no weight.

Hostage is being misapplied by you:

noun
a person given or held as security for thefulfillment of certain conditions or terms,promises, etc., by another.
Archaic. a security or pledge.
Obsolete. the condition of a hostage.
verb (used with object), hostaged,hostaging.
to give (someone) as a hostage:
He was hostaged to the Indians.
false.
I don't need to explain myself what I've posted is clear and self-explanatory
also your judgment on what has weight and what has not is subject and meaningless.

You have contributed nothing and can't support your BS and even refuse to clarify.

Your judgement and lack of information other than agreeing with a biased article is also meaningless. I doubt your story as you can't seem to answer any questions directed at the experience. Your post is far for "clear".

You have made many post in this thread, but have yet you communication nothing but your snooty BS.
false your ignorance does not make me snooty.
it does however showcase your idiocy.
you clowns can't or don't know the difference between physically leaving a faith and completely being clear of it.

I'm not excusing the church, I am saying no one is being held hostage, she is free to worship where ever she wants. You have not given one reason she can't!

You nutters go to the extremes, if you try to rationalize with you people, you go to extremes. You remind me on 911 inside job.
rationalize
VERB
  1. attempt to explain or justify (one's own or another's behavior or attitude) with logical, plausible reasons, even if these are not true or appropriate:

noun
a person given or held as security for thefulfillment of certain conditions or terms,promises, etc., by another.
false.
also your judgment on what has weight and what has not is subject and meaningless.
Yes, the definition of hostage is false because you deem it so...

As I said earlier Papageorgio - reality is irrelevant.
I've deemed nothing so and never said, inferred etc. about her being a hostage.
it's you assclowns who as always, made that false assumption.
I know, you didn’t actually type those words that you placed here earlier. That was someone else. They are all true of course even though they contradict reality. That guy must have been as smart as you!

rationalize
VERB

noun
false.
Yes, the definition of hostage is false because you deem it so...

As I said earlier Papageorgio - reality is irrelevant.
I've deemed nothing so and never said, inferred etc. about her being a hostage.
it's you assclowns who as always, made that false assumption.
I know, you didn’t actually type those words that you placed here earlier. That was someone else. They are all true of course even though they contradict reality. That guy must have been as smart as you!
oh no! not a variation on the you're so dumb ploy.!
glad to disappoint you but all those words are mine.
what you claim to be reality is not.

rationalize
VERB

noun
false.

You have contributed nothing and can't support your BS and even refuse to clarify.

Your judgement and lack of information other than agreeing with a biased article is also meaningless. I doubt your story as you can't seem to answer any questions directed at the experience. Your post is far for "clear".

You have made many post in this thread, but have yet you communication nothing but your snooty BS.
you clowns can't or don't know the difference between physically leaving a faith and completely being clear of it.

You still have nothing to prove your story is true, you are an irrelevant fake.

rationalize
VERB

noun
false.

my story is not at issue... the op's is.

noun
false.

No issue, the woman can go to other churches if she wishes, they can't stop her. The church can't stop her from leaving.

false.

No issue, the woman can go to other churches if she wishes, they can't stop her. The church can't stop her from leaving.
they already have by refusing or delaying her divorce.

you clowns can't or don't know the difference between physically leaving a faith and completely being clear of it, you're still wrong.

There is really no problem in leaving the Southern Baptist Church. All you have to do is to tell them that you are a secret homosexual.

you clowns can't or don't know the difference between physically leaving a faith and completely being clear of it, you're still wrong.

They can't stop or delay her divorcing, what the hell are you talking about? The court doesn't care what your religion is. The church has nothing to do with it.

They can't stop or delay her divorcing, what the hell are you talking about? The court doesn't care what your religion is. The church has nothing to do with it.
I was done with this long ago why are you so obsessed?

I'm not obsessed, you make nonfactual statements and you can't answer questions. Now I see why you wand to be done with the thread.

Last edited:

I'm not obsessed, you make nonfactual statements and you can't answer questions. Now I see why you wand to be done with the thread.
I have answered all the questions just not to your liking.

Does this surprise any thinking person? Given what we have just seen with the duggars the pattern fits.

While the leaders and fat cat pastors sit high on their thrones, the membership wades through the marsh of their moral expectations. The holiest of the holy, these pastors, deacons and board members hold their membership to the strictest of biblical rules.

The Village Church, a megachurch in the Dallas area with 11,000 members, recently denied a woman who wanted to find a new place of worship, the right to leave because she was “under discipline” for violating church rules and biblical law.

Her offense? She sought the annulment of her marriage to a confessed pedophile.

Addicting Info Megachurch Puts Woman Under Discipline For Wanting To Divorce A Pedophile
I am cool with his wife divorcing him, and long as these christian shitlords have to make him a wedding cake for his upcoming gay wedding.

So explain how the delayed her divorce, because you never answered that question.

So explain how the delayed her divorce, because you never answered that question.
no need it was explained in the article.
Regarding Karen Hinkley, it said that she had "chosen not to accept our attempts to care for her and provide counsel", adding: "Karen's decision to pursue immediate annulment, to decline any attempt of reconciliation, to disregard her Membership Covenant and pastoral counsel, and to break fellowship with the body has led her into formal church discipline. While members in good standing are free to leave the church and seek membership elsewhere, those in the disciplinary process have covenanted to see that process through before leaving the church. Because of this, we have attempted to fulfill our biblical commitment to love and care for her according to the Membership Covenant she affirmed and subsequently renewed on multiple occasions."

Regarding Karen Hinkley, it said that she had "chosen not to accept our attempts to care for her and provide counsel", adding: "Karen's decision to pursue immediate annulment, to decline any attempt of reconciliation, to disregard her Membership Covenant and pastoral counsel, and to break fellowship with the body has led her into formal church discipline. While members in good standing are free to leave the church and seek membership elsewhere, those in the disciplinary process have covenanted to see that process through before leaving the church. Because of this, we have attempted to fulfill our biblical commitment to love and care for her according to the Membership Covenant she affirmed and subsequently renewed on multiple occasions."

However, they didn't delay or stop the divorce, they are powerless.

Still no proof they have stopped her from leaving the church.

Lots of hyperbole.

However, they didn't delay or stop the divorce, they are powerless.

Still no proof they have stopped her from leaving the church.

Lots of hyperbole.
Yes yours.

Forum List

Back