Media Tries to Make Trump Look Wrong on “Most Cases Harmless” Remark by Mixing Up Death Rates

I feel so sorry for Trumpybear and the treatment he gets in the press. Say, hows did those amazing things Old Trumpybear's investigators were finding in Hawaii about President Obama's birth certificate turn out?

Or how about the time when the Faux universe convinced the Republican base that Obama wasn't talking about the fantastic business infrastructure we've built in this country, but about their individual businesses.

But as usually the Bully Base can dish it out but whine like little bitches when they have to take it.

Poor corrupt Banana Republicans.
[/Q
.....and people dying from other causes are being attributed to corona.
And yet the experts say the covid deaths are almost certainly undercounted.

Vastly under-counted.

Actual number of COVID-19 cases is 12 times higher than ...
www.bostonglobe.com › 2020/06/30 › nation › actual-nu...

Jun 30, 2020 - ... hard-hit countries with a total population of 4.75 billion, concluded that cases are vastly undercounted in large part because, the researchers ...

Millions of people may have had coronavirus in the past ...
www.phillytrib.com › news › health › millions-of-people-...

Jun 26, 2020 - And federal health officials warned that the number of people who've been infected is vastly undercounted. Almost 40,000 coronavirus cases ...

Antibody surveys suggesting vast undercount of coronavirus ...
www.sciencemag.org › news › 2020/04 › antibody-sur...

Apr 21, 2020 - Stanford University researchers conducted blood tests in Santa Clara county to reveal the prevalence of antibodies to the pandemic coronavirus.

Shut up skippy,we're talking about deaths.

Fine, asshole:
Keep reading.

A Spike in People Dying at Home Suggests Coronavirus ...
www.propublica.org › article › a-spike-in-people-dying...

1 day ago - Many people who die at home are not tested for COVID-19, said Dr. Jeremy Faust, an emergency medicine physician at Brigham and Women's ...

Deaths at home suggest coronavirus is hitting Houston harder ...
www.texastribune.org › 2020/07/08 › houston-coronav...

1 day ago - Many people who die at home are not tested for COVID-19, said Dr. Jeremy Faust, an emergency medicine physician at Brigham and Women's ...

Philly ME investigating 1,742 percent more respiratory deaths ...
whyy.org › articles › philly-investigating-1742-percent...

May 13, 2020 - City investigating many more deaths amid COVID-19 pandemic, many at home. Philadelphia's medical examiner investigated far more natural ...

The Hidden Deaths Of The COVID-19 Pandemic | Time
time.com › Health › COVID-19

Jun 22, 2020 - A funeral home in the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic deals with an excess of ... Some people who get COVID die of something else.

So these people dying at home dont go to the hospital?

And in your link....
Some people who get COVID die of something else.

The vast majority dont die from covid,they die because they have other conditions that exacerbate the illness.
Jerks like you all ways make sweepig statements about this kind of thing.
"The vast majority dont die from covid,they die because they have other conditions that exacerbate the illness."

"they."

Your child. Your mother. Your brother. Your Sister.

#COVIDPsyOp

Media Tries to Make Trump Look Wrong on “Most Cases Harmless” Remark by Mixing Up Death Rates

A textbook example of contempt for the intelligence of the American public has emerged in a media attempt to make Trump look wrong, when he is actually right. A Yahoo News headline reads: "White House defends Trump's claim that 99 percent of COVID-19 cases are 'harmless' with chart showing 5 percent are fatal."

The article refers to Trumps remark over the weekend that “99 percent” of U.S. coronavirus cases are “totally harmless," a correct appraisal of the CDC's latest overall infection fatality rate which includes all infections, whether they are symptomatic or asymptomatic, diagnosed or undiagnosed. The CDC now estimates that over 99.7% of people infected with COVID will recover. Most will never even know they had it.

The CDC estimated survival rate is now over 99.7% of all cases, both confirmed and unconfirmed. The number touted by the media to contradict Trump's claim is the 5% of confirmed, diagnosed caseswho die, which does not take into account the vast number of COVID infections which show no symptoms or show mild symptoms, after which the infected person's immune systems builds antibodies on its own.

The widely accepted total infection mortality rate for common flu is .1%. The CDC infection mortality rate estimate for COVID is now .25 to .3 percent.

The Yahoo News headline, which appears on millions of browsers around the world as a part of Yahoo's search engine, begins:

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany came to her press briefing on Monday prepared to defend President Trump’s claim over the weekend that “99 percent” of U.S. coronavirus cases are “totally harmless”with two charts illustrating the country’s COVID-19 death rate.
But McEnany’s slides showed a case fatality rate — the percentage of confirmed cases that result in death — of 4.6 percent, not the 1 percent implied by Trump.
Those most at risk of death, as with influenza, are frail elderly, mostly in nursing homes, and people with serious co-morbidities, the primary one of which is morbid obesity. These are people who are roughy 80 to 100 pounds overweight, and have trouble breathing or walking.

The estimated total infection fatality rate of COVID - all diagnosed and undiagnosed cases, has been in steady decline since present lockdown policies began to be announced in March, as more studies show that the great majority of infections are asymptomatic or show only mild symptoms.

screen-shot-2020-06-05-at-7.58.26-pm.png

CHART SOURCE

Media reporting on the coronavirus, in fact, seems to have devolved into a juvenile press corp keen for the next opportunity to do a "gotcha" of Trump on an issue which has resulted in millions of Americans out of work, and facing life-changing decisions. Another glaring omission in reporting is the context of pandemics in recent decades which never resulted in the barest whisper of shutdowns, but which in per capita terms, took more lives that the present COVID. This is the case with both the 1957 and 1968 flu pandemics, which most people have never even heard of.

15053880_f1024.jpg

CHART SOURCE

Other COVID News:

Is COVID-Linked inflammatory Syndrome Which Kills Children Related to Prior Vaccinations?
"Thread title by Trump cultist tries to make Trump look better by substituting "most" for "99%" and eliminating the word "totally"."

Trump is no one's go-to guy on the coronavirus. We've seen him show off his science chops.

#COVIDPsyOp

A textbook example of contempt for the intelligence of the American public has emerged in a media attempt to make Trump look wrong, when he is actually right. A Yahoo News headline reads: "White House defends Trump's claim that 99 percent of COVID-19 cases are 'harmless' with chart showing 5 percent are fatal."

The article refers to Trumps remark over the weekend that “99 percent” of U.S. coronavirus cases are “totally harmless," a correct appraisal of the CDC's latest overall infection fatality rate which includes all infections, whether they are symptomatic or asymptomatic, diagnosed or undiagnosed. The CDC now estimates that over 99.7% of people infected with COVID will recover. Most will never even know they had it.

The CDC estimated survival rate is now over 99.7% of all cases, both confirmed and unconfirmed. The number touted by the media to contradict Trump's claim is the 5% of confirmed, diagnosed caseswho die, which does not take into account the vast number of COVID infections which show no symptoms or show mild symptoms, after which the infected person's immune systems builds antibodies on its own.

The widely accepted total infection mortality rate for common flu is .1%. The CDC infection mortality rate estimate for COVID is now .25 to .3 percent.

The Yahoo News headline, which appears on millions of browsers around the world as a part of Yahoo's search engine, begins:

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany came to her press briefing on Monday prepared to defend President Trump’s claim over the weekend that “99 percent” of U.S. coronavirus cases are “totally harmless”with two charts illustrating the country’s COVID-19 death rate.
But McEnany’s slides showed a case fatality rate — the percentage of confirmed cases that result in death — of 4.6 percent, not the 1 percent implied by Trump.
Those most at risk of death, as with influenza, are frail elderly, mostly in nursing homes, and people with serious co-morbidities, the primary one of which is morbid obesity. These are people who are roughy 80 to 100 pounds overweight, and have trouble breathing or walking.

The estimated total infection fatality rate of COVID - all diagnosed and undiagnosed cases, has been in steady decline since present lockdown policies began to be announced in March, as more studies show that the great majority of infections are asymptomatic or show only mild symptoms.

screen-shot-2020-06-05-at-7.58.26-pm.png

CHART SOURCE

Media reporting on the coronavirus, in fact, seems to have devolved into a juvenile press corp keen for the next opportunity to do a "gotcha" of Trump on an issue which has resulted in millions of Americans out of work, and facing life-changing decisions. Another glaring omission in reporting is the context of pandemics in recent decades which never resulted in the barest whisper of shutdowns, but which in per capita terms, took more lives that the present COVID. This is the case with both the 1957 and 1968 flu pandemics, which most people have never even heard of.

15053880_f1024.jpg

CHART SOURCE

Other COVID News:

Is COVID-Linked inflammatory Syndrome Which Kills Children Related to Prior Vaccinations?
"Thread title by Trump cultist tries to make Trump look better by substituting "most" for "99%" and eliminating the word "totally"."
Trump is no one's go-to guy on the coronavirus. We've seen him show off his science chops.
Is he you r go to boy on this?

Trump is no one's go-to guy on the coronavirus.

I feel so sorry for Trumpybear and the treatment he gets in the press. Say, hows did those amazing things Old Trumpybear's investigators were finding in Hawaii about President Obama's birth certificate turn out?

Or how about the time when the Faux universe convinced the Republican base that Obama wasn't talking about the fantastic business infrastructure we've built in this country, but about their individual businesses.

But as usually the Bully Base can dish it out but whine like little bitches when they have to take it.

Poor corrupt Banana Republicans.
[/Q
.....and people dying from other causes are being attributed to corona.
And yet the experts say the covid deaths are almost certainly undercounted.

Vastly under-counted.

Actual number of COVID-19 cases is 12 times higher than ...
www.bostonglobe.com › 2020/06/30 › nation › actual-nu...

Jun 30, 2020 - ... hard-hit countries with a total population of 4.75 billion, concluded that cases are vastly undercounted in large part because, the researchers ...

Millions of people may have had coronavirus in the past ...
www.phillytrib.com › news › health › millions-of-people-...

Jun 26, 2020 - And federal health officials warned that the number of people who've been infected is vastly undercounted. Almost 40,000 coronavirus cases ...

Antibody surveys suggesting vast undercount of coronavirus ...
www.sciencemag.org › news › 2020/04 › antibody-sur...

Apr 21, 2020 - Stanford University researchers conducted blood tests in Santa Clara county to reveal the prevalence of antibodies to the pandemic coronavirus.

Shut up skippy,we're talking about deaths.

Fine, asshole:
Keep reading.

A Spike in People Dying at Home Suggests Coronavirus ...
www.propublica.org › article › a-spike-in-people-dying...

Deaths at home suggest coronavirus is hitting Houston harder ...
www.texastribune.org › 2020/07/08 › houston-coronav...

Philly ME investigating 1,742 percent more respiratory deaths ...
whyy.org › articles › philly-investigating-1742-percent...

May 13, 2020 - City investigating many more deaths amid COVID-19 pandemic, many at home. Philadelphia's medical examiner investigated far more natural ...

The Hidden Deaths Of The COVID-19 Pandemic | Time
time.com › Health › COVID-19

Jun 22, 2020 - A funeral home in the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic deals with an excess of ... Some people who get COVID die of something else.

So these people dying at home dont go to the hospital?

And in your link....
Some people who get COVID die of something else.

The vast majority dont die from covid,they die because they have other conditions that exacerbate the illness.
Jerks like you all ways make sweepig statements about this kind of thing.
"The vast majority dont die from covid,they die because they have other conditions that exacerbate the illness."

"they."

Your child. Your mother. Your brother. Your Sister.

Yes "they" ya fucken moron.
Hell I'm susceptible to dying from the virus because of type 2 diabetes.
Yet you dont hear me crying like a little bitch.
Go Fuck Yourself!!!

I have.
And I've asked my doc.
You are lying or your doctor is.

Dont care what ya think Fort Fucked.
The only reason i care what your dumb ass thinks is that you endanger others. Sadly, if you dropped dead immediately , people would be more safe. Nothing personal.

How so?
I wear a mask where told to. In fact these days I spend most of my time at the house recovering from a hip surgery.
And of course with my type 2 diabetes I've made it a point to ask my doc about the dangers.
Do ya think they're liars?

I wear a mask where told to.
Great!

Yes, doctors lie. If a doctor told you that the death rate is known to be less than 1%, he is lying. And a decent doctor would never be dumb or unethical enough to focus on or argue from such a factoid, as they are not just concerned with survival, but with well being in general.

Of course, it's not
Of course it is. Anyone who says 99% of cases are totally harmless is a disgusting, shameless liar.

Of course it still isn't, because you STILL pretend that simply stating something is so will make it that way.

You're either going to learn that your unsubstantiated word for it is worth less than a taco fart in a wind tunnel, or you're going to continue to be confused when everyone simply takes it as automatic proof that it's a lie. Your choice.

I wear a mask where told to.
Great!

Yes, doctors lie. If a doctor told you that the death rate is known to be less than 1%, he is lying. And a decent doctor would never be dumb or unethical enough to focus on or argue from such a factoid, as they are not just concerned with survival, but with well being in general.

So what I hear you saying now is, "Believe the experts entirely . . . unless they say something I don't like, in which case they're lying, and they're not decent, because a decent doctor would say what I want to believe."

Forum List

Back