MD.....Plane in power lines....85K without power - live stream

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Pilot and passenger alive still in plane and talking to rescue personel by cell phone.

85K without power due to the accident.

GAITHERSBURG, Md. (7News) — A pilot and passenger are stuck in a small plane after it crashed into a Pepco tower and power lines Sunday evening near Montgomery County Airpark in Gaithersburg, Maryland.

The plane was left dangling about 100 feet in the air, according to Pete Piringer with the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service. The occupants of the plane are not injured, Piringer said.

Crews are now conducting a high-angle rescue response, Piringer said. Officials say it could take several hours before the people are freed from the plane.

4A67F09A-7691-4B85-9879-D78E4E978225.jpeg.036ca26c90c4a8412b776d46534c70ae.jpeg

I was out for 3 hours and am at southern end of outages.
Very very slow progress as plane not secured after 6 hours since wreck. 70,000 without power and that’s where my sympathy lies. Doesn’t lie with dim bulb who flys his plane into transmission lines.

I was out for 3 hours and am at southern end of outages.
Very very slow progress as plane not secured after 6 hours since wreck. 70,000 without power and that’s where my sympathy lies. Doesn’t lie with dim bulb who flys his plane into transmission lines.
I bet the MG county police are going to have a nervous night till the power comes back on.

I bet the MG county police are going to have a nervous night till the power comes back on.
It’s creepy when everything around is pitch black. No traffic lights when I went out but after 1/2 mile power was on. I must have been close to not losing it and I may have been one of first back on. I think though only 8-10,000 are back on. It poured here and was foggy too so that probably contributed to the crash.

Personally...i don't see how a rescue is possible. Years ago an accident happened in a particular city we were living in. middling sized town, emergency services were good, allegedly intelligent people. Truck taking a corner...LARGE truck, topples over onto car with male driver inside. They did what they could to get the driver out but he was slowly and eventually crushed. I know he left two children behind. I can't remember if the wife had previously died or not.

It’s creepy when everything around is pitch black. No traffic lights when I went out but after 1/2 mile power was on. I must have been close to not losing it and I may have been one of first back on. I think though only 8-10,000 are back on. It poured here and was foggy too so that probably contributed to the crash.

Where's Joe Biden's solar and wind power at? Why hasn't it kicked in to take over? :th_waiting:

Forum List

Back