McDonald's Raises Pay for U.S. Restaurant Workers

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
McDonalds isn't the only business to do so either.

They are doing what I said was needed. Raising wages and increasing benefits to attract new employees.

I've been saying since last year that if employers want people to work for them they need to raise wages, increase benefits and have better working conditions.

It's too bad they have to be forced to but at least they are doing it.

More employers need to do it. I am so sick and tired of having to supplement wages with public assistance because employers are too cheap to pay a living wage.

A couple weeks ago I went through the McD's drive thru. On occasion I will get a sausage sandwich. $1. They were $1.39. I asked the drive thru guy if he got a raise. He said he hadn't and I told him I was disappointed since I had to pay more for my food.

A few days later I went back to purchase the 2 for $2. (then still at the old price.) He recognized me and informed me that they got $1 an hour raise. I told him that was great and I was happy for them. I now have NO problem paying extra for my food.

Coffee from McDonald's in my area used to be $1.00 no matter what size you got. A large cup is now $1.69 plus tax.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

They are doing what I said was needed. Raising wages and increasing benefits to attract new employees.

I've been saying since last year that if employers want people to work for them they need to raise wages, increase benefits and have better working conditions.

More employers need to do it. I am so sick and tired of having to supplement wages with public assistance because employers are too cheap to pay a living wage.

whats mcdonalds???

CEOs understand that capitalists have to create profit to earn their bonuses.

Wages increasing due to the artificial labor shortage created by the Dimocrats policy of paying people to stay home and sit on their asses.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
A couple weeks ago I went through the McD's drive thru. On occasion I will get a sausage sandwich. $1. They were $1.39. I asked the drive thru guy if he got a raise. He said he hadn't and I told him I was disappointed since I had to pay more for my food.

A few days later I went back to purchase the 2 for $2. (then still at the old price.) He recognized me and informed me that they got $1 an hour raise. I told him that was great and I was happy for them. I now have NO problem paying extra for my food.
Rambo.jpeg

And the cost of a Big Mac will go up to cover it.

The solution is to FIX the job market, which is currently saturated with illegal workers. It started to get better with Trump's border crackdown. Now it's getting bad again.

The prices of a Big Mac has been increasing for years without increases to wages.

The price of a Big Mac in Seattle where the minimum wage has been 15 dollars an hour for years is about the same price it is in the rest of the nation.

Anyone who eats their food is eating poison. Especially the beef.

If you don't like the price of their food, don't buy it.

Have you ever heard of capitalism? Supply and demand? The supply for workers is low. So the demand is high. Why is capitalism good when the conservatives want to lower taxes and increase the price of their goods or services but it's bad when capitalism causes wages to increase?

Why are you upset? The government didn't force them to raise their wages, they did it all by themselves. I thought you didn't like government intrusion and wages should be left for the market to decide.

That turns out to be another lie. What other so called "belief" that you embrace when it's convenient for you and reject when it's inconvenient?

They dont supplement wages. They supplement CHILDREN.
People with no kids making 10 bucks an hour do NOT get welfare.
Please stop lying all the time. Do you work for Putin?

The solution is to FIX the job market, which is currently saturated with illegal workers. It started to get better with Trump's border crackdown. Now it's getting bad again.

They will employ fewer people also.

At 2 McDonald's near me I saw signs paying almost 15 bucks an hour and when you go in them they have automated registers and no dedicated people at the register for people who walk in.

Sure they pay more but have fewer people working.

If a company pays more money that extra money will come from somewhere. Products of lower quality, fewer employees, high prices to the consumer, etc. A company will not simply pay more out of pocket, that money will be taken from somewhere else and it will cost someone other than the company itself something.

The closest McDonalds to me (still 30 minutes away) permanently closed it's doors at the beginning of the year.
Of course the Carl's Jr, Zaxby's, Caine's, Johnny's Pizza, and Southern Classic Fried Chicken (you can get fried okra there), on the same strip are still open.

No Great Loss ... :thup:

Of course I don't a shit what they pay their employees as long as they can provide me with the product I want, and the service I desire, at price I am willing pay.

Last edited:

That's okay I don't eat Big Macs...I normally cook at home because the closest Mc D's is twenty+ miles.
Prices increase when there is no increase in wages also.

Have you noticed how many McDonald's have gone to Kiosks? The workers get paid more. There are just fewer of them.

What McDonald’s minimum wage raise says about fast-food franchise future:

• McDonald's is among fast-food franchises to raise wages in a tight labor market and plans to reach an average of $15 an hour by 2024 at all company-owned restaurants.
  • Competition for workers is intense and food franchises like McDonald's and Chipotle are competing with retailers like Amazon, Walmart and Target, McDonald's CEO Chris Kempczinski noted in a recent CNBC Evolve interview.
  • Labor experts say McDonald's move will pressure the 95% of its restaurants not owned by the company, and at least some McDonald's franchise owners say it is time to raise wages and think long-term.

Forum List

Back