McCain Will Take the Lead

The Wright situation was not hashed, it was skipped over. It was shown on air one day, Obama quit the church a few days later, and America turned a blind eye.

Well, I've read about Wright but I haven't really paid a lot of attention to what he was preaching about. Having been a churchgoer at one time I know some folks go to church for fellowship and not so much of what comes from the pulpit. I know I never agreed with my pastor on a lot of issues.

Who said anyone was racist?

If you want to talk about Wright do so.

Obama severed ties. Wright was using a device in that one sermon anyway. It's a prophetic device used in the bible. A lot of the prophets used that stance of claiming the opposite as god's will, to what people would hope for. It is used to draw emphasis. I don't pretend to understand it but I believe that it is a rhetorical device.

Here's the end of that sermon, which sounds pretty inspirational to me.

Where government fail, God never fails. When God says it, it’s done. God never fails. When God wills it, you better get out the way, ‘cause God never fails. When God fixes it, oh believe me it’s fixed. God never fails. Somebody right now, you think you can’t make it, but I want you to know that you are more than a conqueror through Christ. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.”

You can read more about the sermon here:

christianleft: "God Damn America," the musical!

There's plenty more on google if you want to actually research Wright.

He no doubt is pissed at the government. He does not want God to damn america. In this sermon, he first said the government thought it was god, and that it (the government) has failed america. He is not saying this about the US government alone. He is saying it about all the world governments. He gives one example after another about how governments fail their people. Again and again, governments fail there people. Again and again.

There is a definite emphasis on the US governmnet and its history with blacks, in the sermon, but pretty hard to blame him for that. When I was born there were still people around who had been alive during the civil war. It's not that long ago.

Anyway, he then calls people to God, because in God all things are possible. Unlike the govenrnment.

He's still bad news (too much fire imo) and I am glad that Obama left the church. but it's not my business. My business is figuring out who is best to lead this country. Obama is clearer-headed and has a much more positive vision for the country than McCain. And, I agree with him, that the best way to get to know your enemy is to engage them diplomatically, not assume they have WMD and blow the shit out of them.

Last edited:
You know, I'm a big Pedroia fan, so I wanna give you the benefit of the doubt. But you're really not making any sense.

It wasn't supposed to in a literal sense ..

It was in response to Allie's asinine comment that Palin is being attacked because the left "hates women and children."

I countered her broad brush with my own to illustrate the absurdity of her comment ...

Make sense now?

The MSM seem to be picking away at Palin and actually doing the Obama camp a favor of pointing out her flaws.

flaws? what flaws would have be. They seem to be attacking her 17 year old daughter. I dont see how thats a flaw for her

btw let them keep the attacks on a 17 yo up. It's going to hurt them. And i welcome them being hurt.

All the ranting and raving over conservative MSM making a big deal of Palin's daughter is rather funny. Hypocrisy thy name is partisan. MSM can only do the sensational, that sells, that's why people watch. Her pregnancy has nothing to do with her mother's lack of qualifications or McCain's decision to place far right values ahead of America's more tolerant values.

Wants creationism taught in schools
Supported bridge to nowhere
Outlaw abortion even in rape cases
Ignores the science of global warming

Do people really want someone as VP who supports creationism in schools? What does that say about a nation that prides itself on progress?

Palin touts stance on 'Bridge to Nowhere,' doesn't note flip-flop: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

flaws? what flaws would have be. They seem to be attacking her 17 year old daughter. I dont see how thats a flaw for her

What do you mean by attacks? Pointing out that the girl is pregnant? Hardly an attack. If anything it shows that abstinence only is a failed policy as far as I'm concerned. It also shows that maybe the girls parents need to have a better idea of what their daughter is doing. The girl could even be a slut for all we know.

It's a family matter but this is an election and nothing is sacred in politics. She don't get a free pass. Maybe this will get folks talking about proper sex education.

I could care less about the daughter myself but I think both the parents and the kid are to blame.

I don't consider it dirty work . Most of what I've seen seems to be public record that she will be questioned on in interviews, like the Bridge To Nowhere, Troopergate, earmarks, etc. These are legit questions.

oh yes, PLEASE do keep those subjects in the front page news

:clap2:

Forum List

Back