McCain On Warpath Against Fox News Host

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Lessee, while running for POTUS the Republican party candidate jokes about starting a war with a country that the POTUS identified as the part of the axis of evil? Then-----then gets grumpy when a TV host suggests, it wasn't funny. -pewsh!-

Huffington Post: Shep Smith had a tense exchange with Sen. John McCain about the "soul" of the Republican Party on Friday's "Studio B."

Shep Smith, John McCain Have Tense Exchange About War

03/09/2013

<snip>

Smith spoke to McCain a day after the senator lashed at out at fellow Republican Rand Paul, calling his filibuster of the now-confirmed CIA chief John Brennan "ridiculous." Smith pressed him on whether or not he thought a rift was opening up in the GOP, but he got McCain riled up when he mentioned his infamous "bomb bomb Iran" comment from the 2008 presidential campaign.

"Senator, part of this is about a battle for the heart and soul of the party," Smith said. "There is a long-held Republican and conservative view on war, to avoid it at all costs. That sort of a voice has had a difficult time -- the Rand Paul wing, if you will, has had a difficult time having its voice heard. You and others have been interventionists: Let's intervene in Syria, intervene in Libya, let's bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran. Is it your sense that --"

"Do you really believe that?" McCain said, cutting him off. "You really believe that?"

"Sir, all I'm asking you, is it your sense that Rand Paul may be bringing together those people in the basement whom align maybe in some cases more closely with the left than with the right?" Smith said. McCain brought up Smith's "bomb Iran" comment again.

"If you're going to go back to this joke I said to a fellow veteran--" he said. "I didn't mean it as a joke, Senator, I'm sorry," Smith said.

"No, it was a joke," McCain said. "You're saying I wanted to bomb Iran and of course I never did." He also called the "interventionist" label "absolutely false," saying he simply wanted a "strong America."

It wasn't tense. It was merely a discussion.

Of course Shep Smith is a wuss.

Lessee, while running for POTUS the Republican party candidate jokes about starting a war with a country that the POTUS identified as the part of the axis of evil? Then-----then gets grumpy when a TV host suggests, it wasn't funny. -pewsh!-

Huffington Post: Shep Smith had a tense exchange with Sen. John McCain about the "soul" of the Republican Party on Friday's "Studio B."

03/09/2013

<snip>

Smith spoke to McCain a day after the senator lashed at out at fellow Republican Rand Paul, calling his filibuster of the now-confirmed CIA chief John Brennan "ridiculous." Smith pressed him on whether or not he thought a rift was opening up in the GOP, but he got McCain riled up when he mentioned his infamous "bomb bomb Iran" comment from the 2008 presidential campaign.

"Senator, part of this is about a battle for the heart and soul of the party," Smith said. "There is a long-held Republican and conservative view on war, to avoid it at all costs. That sort of a voice has had a difficult time -- the Rand Paul wing, if you will, has had a difficult time having its voice heard. You and others have been interventionists: Let's intervene in Syria, intervene in Libya, let's bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran. Is it your sense that --"

"Do you really believe that?" McCain said, cutting him off. "You really believe that?"

"Sir, all I'm asking you, is it your sense that Rand Paul may be bringing together those people in the basement whom align maybe in some cases more closely with the left than with the right?" Smith said. McCain brought up Smith's "bomb Iran" comment again.

"If you're going to go back to this joke I said to a fellow veteran--" he said. "I didn't mean it as a joke, Senator, I'm sorry," Smith said.

"No, it was a joke," McCain said. "You're saying I wanted to bomb Iran and of course I never did." He also called the "interventionist" label "absolutely false," saying he simply wanted a "strong America."

Good for Shep, he caught McCain being McCain.

Would McCain talk to this guy if he knew Shep was gay? Just wondering.

As I linked to before. We knew there are already 355 terrorists in American prisons. Are they close to escaping?

John McCain continues to reveal himself as the bitter, resentful and petty old bastard that he has become since he was "disgraced" in 2008 by losing to a black man in his run for president.

The GOP runs itself like the Catholic Church, there is a cadence and protocol to follow when ascending to the White House. No one will ever put it in writing but there's a nodding amongst the Republican "Cardinals" of who is next. It was McCain's turn, goddammit, and he's just can't get over it that the majority told him the ring, red shoes and pointy hat was going to someone else.

And I betcha' behind closed doors and in "quiet rooms" McCain blames it all on Sarah Palin. I just betcha'.

Last edited:

03/09/2013

<snip>

McCain was right. Can't expect him to just sit there and be misrepresented and then handed a loaded question.

John McCain continues to reveal himself as the bitter, resentful and petty old bastard that he has become since he was "disgraced" in 2008 by losing to a black man in his run for president.

What kind of bullshit racist comment is that?

Shepard says Paul just made his "entrance onto the American stage".

Paul is another Sarah Palin and politically, he will be just as successful.

It's a reach. I think McCain would feel the way he does no matter who he lost too. He is privileged and has had Rich White People's Affirmative Action all his life and doesn't believe in losing. Not him. He can't lose. His kink are "elevated" and "special" and "above the common people".

He needs to retire while he still has an iota of dignity left. At almost 80 years old, he can't afford to be such a sourpuss anymore.

It's a reach. I think McCain would feel the way he does no matter who he lost too. He is privileged and has had Rich White People's Affirmative Action all his life and doesn't believe in losing. Not him. He can't lose. His kink are "elevated" and "special" and "above the common people".

What rich white people affirmative action results in 5 years as a POW?

How expensive do you think Annapolis is to make it a rich white people college?

He needs to retire while he still has an iota of dignity left. At almost 80 years old, he can't afford to be such a sourpuss anymore.

My problem with McCain is he thinks the MSM likes him!
And they did in 2008 as a candidate for GOP nomination!
BUT the minute he was nominated they turned on him as was expected!
And McCain to this day STILL thinks the MSM likes him!

Remember the dinner he threw for his birthday in 2004?
" Senator John McCain gathered at a restaurant uptown with some of the biggest stars in journalism to celebrate his birthday. Among those mingling over cocktails and fine French food with Mr. McCain and his wife, Cindy, were Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, Bob Schieffer, Maureen Dowd, Tim Russert

Guests at McCain's 2004 Birthday Party: Brokaw, Jennings, Schieffer, Dowd & Russert - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

McCain thought he was part of that circle! And when this circle of Democrat news hacks supported his nomination boy he was in heaven!
BUT that was just a trick to get this LOSER nominated against the ONLY reason Obama could be elected was because he was half black!

ALMOST all Obama voters never voted for Obama because he was qualified.. remember Palin at least had Governor executive experience.. Obama's never ran anything!!! NO All Obama voters were people who didn't know anything about him except he was half black and many of them didn't know that.. they thought he was black! So they voted because if the only reason to vote against him was he was "black" that would make the voter "racist" and they especially those inferiority complex Iowans who had the MSM hanging on every word DIDN"T want to appear unsophisticated, uneducated
to vote against a black man.. voted because he was BLACK!

What rich white people affirmative action results in 5 years as a POW?

How expensive do you think Annapolis is to make it a rich white people college?

No, that would be disobeying orders, which even McCain admits to. If he had followed orders, he never would have been a POW.

And you know that McCain graduated 5TH FROM THE BOTTOM OUT OF 899? You know that right? That means he was probably the most stupid in every class.
Or if you're a right winger, you say he was in the TOP 99.44%.

I know I can't back him any more. I'm spent on hhttp://www.ultimate-guitar.com/xtra/clktr.php?ug_from=tabs&url=http://www.ringtonematcher.com/co/ringtonematcher/02/noc.asp?sid=NOMOros&artist=redbone&song=come+and+get+your+love&campaign=lm

Last edited:
If he won't retire the people of Arizona NEED to RETIRE him..

come on people send him off into the sunset

Forum List

Back