McCain goes on the offense

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
McCain's getting vicious... on Immigration of all things.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070521/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_romney

Republican John McCain accused presidential rival Mitt Romney of flip-flopping on immigration Monday and said with sarcasm: "Maybe his solution will be to get out his small varmint gun and drive those Guatemalans off his lawn."

Im not sure McCain should really be criticizing anyone on the Immigration issue.

He also turned around and criticized Fred Thompson as well. Although not so sharply it seems:

McCain also said he was disappointed in potential candidate Fred Thompson for opposing immigration legislation the Arizona senator is co-sponsoring.

McCain has committed political suicide. He has no chance of ever becoming the nominee. And so he is lashing out. Which is completely hypocrtical after the way he was whining in 2000.

The time for McCain to get vicious was during the 2000 campaign. He should have taken his shots at Bush when that machine smeared his name six ways from Sunday. It was then and there that I lost respect for John McCain as a candidate. I was a hardcore McCain-iac. He broke my heart.

I pray Thompson announces soon.

Forum List

Back