McCain Ahead? Oh my!!

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Poll shows McCain in 5-point lead over Obama

By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a sharp turnaround, Republican John McCain has opened a 5-point lead on Democrat Barack Obama in the U.S. presidential race and is seen as a stronger manager of the economy, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday.

McCain leads Obama among likely U.S. voters by 46 percent to 41 percent, wiping out Obama's solid 7-point advantage in July and taking his first lead in the monthly Reuters/Zogby poll.

The reversal follows a month of attacks by McCain, who has questioned Obama's experience, criticized his opposition to most new offshore oil drilling and mocked his overseas trip.

The poll was taken Thursday through Saturday as Obama wrapped up a weeklong vacation in Hawaii that ceded the political spotlight to McCain, who seized on Russia's invasion of Georgia to emphasize his foreign policy views.

Whole Article
Poll shows McCain in 5-point lead over Obama | Politics | Reuters

Real Clear Politics poll averages
RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

For a libertarian, you sure seem happy. :eusa_liar:

Of course I never claimed to be a Libertarian, but why would you let a little thing like facts get in the way right Bobo.

I am a dejected conservative, who was considering voting Libertarian at one time. Regardless of who I am going to vote for now, of course I am happy about McCain leading, because as a Conservative, I may be disappointed in McCain as a candidate, but I would damn sure rather see him win than Obama.

Why is that so hard for you to understand Bobo.

That tiny non thinking mind of yours again?

So anyways, What I want to know is why you guys think Obama as went from a 7 point lead in this poll, to being behind by 5 points. A 12 point swing in 2 weeks.

What do you think is the cause of this?

Of course I never claimed to be a Libertarian, but why would you let a little thing like facts get in the way right Bobo.

I am a dejected conservative, who was considering voting Libertarian at one time. Regardless of who I am going to vote for now, of course I am happy about McCain leading, because as a Conservative, I may be disappointed in McCain as a candidate, but I would damn sure rather see him win than Obama.

Why is that so hard for you to understand Bobo.

That tiny non thinking mind of yours again?

I KNEW IT!!! Just like McCain can say he loves eating dog shit and then go to a press conference the very next day with shit on his face and deny ever saying it.

Welcome back Bill O'Reilly. See nephew, I've heard enough Republicans deny being republicans to know when someone is doing it. I also figured out Glen Beck. You think you are a better liar than those two? Hardly.

And I thought McCain let conservatives down? He isn't a conservative I thought? A HA! Liar! You aren't even a conservative.

If you were, you wouldn't be voting GOP. YOu are a neo con. At Best you are a liebermann Democrat. But you aren't even that.

2nd time I've caught you in a lie and/or being flat out wrong. :eusa_liar:

So anyways, What I want to know is why you guys think Obama as went from a 7 point lead in this poll, to being behind by 5 points. A 12 point swing in 2 weeks.

I don't know, seeing as how he's raising more money and more people are showing up to his events. Could it be that the polls are wrong? Must be.

Or could it be that the corporate media is lying about it being close because they get better ratings when it is close?

I KNEW IT!!! Just like McCain can say he loves eating dog shit and then go to a press conference the very next day with shit on his face and deny ever saying it.

Welcome back Bill O'Reilly. See nephew, I've heard enough Republicans deny being republicans to know when someone is doing it. I also figured out Glen Beck. You think you are a better liar than those two? Hardly.

And I thought McCain let conservatives down? He isn't a conservative I thought? A HA! Liar! You aren't even a conservative.

If you were, you wouldn't be voting GOP. YOu are a neo con. At Best you are a liebermann Democrat. But you aren't even that.

2nd time I've caught you in a lie and/or being flat out wrong. :eusa_liar:

You do not know a damn thing Bobo. McCain has let conservatives down mental Midget boy. However how in gods name can you think because I am not a huge fan of McCain's that I would be for Obama? Do you have a brain at all? Do you think at all.

I have always been clear about why I was considering voting Libertarian. You know damn well that I have. You have not caught me in anything, other than one of your Fucked up brainless fantasies again.

Do you even know what Neo_Con means NUMBS NUTS? It means a New Conservative. Which I am not. I have always been a conservative at my core values.

The reason I am now considering Voting for McCain is simple. If you had any Brains at all you would know why Bobo, But clearly you have none. I am thinking about McCain because your Boy Obama is so far left, so god damn Liberal, that he makes even McCain seem like a good choice, to anyone who considers themselves a Conservative.

Why don't you tell some more lies about me, call me some names, and then NEG REP me again. Like the spineless, Brainless, infant you are BOBO.

What I've noticed for weeks, in spite of calls to the contrary, the Dems are getting desperate, as this thread illustrates.

ill go with the republican answer from the last 2 months

polls are inaccurate :eusa_angel:

Was it faulty when they had Obama up by 7 or only now?

LOL

Both. Obama is up way more than 7 and is not down 7 now. Just look at the turn out. 100,000 show up for Obama and 10,000 show up for McCain.

Obama is raising more money too.

Your beloved McCain is dead.

PS. I'm glad I convinced you not to vote for Bob Barr.

You do not know a damn thing Bobo. McCain has let conservatives down mental Midget boy. However how in gods name can you think because I am not a huge fan of McCain's that I would be for Obama? Do you have a brain at all? Do you think at all.

I have always been clear about why I was considering voting Libertarian. You know damn well that I have. You have not caught me in anything, other than one of your Fucked up brainless fantasies again.

Do you even know what Neo_Con means NUMBS NUTS? It means a New Conservative. Which I am not. I have always been a conservative at my core values.

The reason I am now considering Voting for McCain is simple. If you had any Brains at all you would know why Bobo, But clearly you have none. I am thinking about McCain because your Boy Obama is so far left, so god damn Liberal, that he makes even McCain seem like a good choice, to anyone who considers themselves a Conservative.

Why don't you tell some more lies about me, call me some names, and then NEG REP me again. Like the spineless, Brainless, infant you are BOBO.

All I can say is that I called you out for being a fucking liar and now you confirm I was right. You said the Republicans let you down so you couldn't vote for them. Well look at you now. How easily you have forgiven them.

I said you were nothing more than an embarrassed Republican who could no longer defend his own party so you instead pretended not to be one in hopes that people would see you as impartial or balanced. But here you are falling in line just in time for the conventions.

I caught you! Busted! :lol:

Didn't read the whole thread so maybe someone has already stated this but I think McCain is gonna win this thing.

Obama doesn't know it yet but the DNC HAS to put Billary on the ticket now. If they don't, they are toast.

Interesting ... perhaps this is the saddlebrook bump showing up finally ... or maybe it's because McCain has been spending money like a mad man lately.

Iowa: McCain has spent roughly $700,000 more than Obama.

Missouri: McCain has spent roughly half a million more than Obama.

Ohio: McCain has spent approximately one million more than Obama.

Pennsylvania: McCain has spent roughly a million and a half more than Obama.

New Hampshire: Spending is about even.

New Mexico: McCain has spent approximately $300,000 more, and has outspent Obama by roughly two to one.

Nevada: McCain has outspent Obama by $800,000, also roughly two to one.

Missouri: McCain has spent $500,000 more than Obama.

Virginia: Obama has spent a million more than McCain, largely because Obama is advertising statewide while McCain is only up in the northern part of the state.

Wisconsin: McCain has spent roughly a half million more than Obama.

North Dakota: Obama has outspent McCain by around $170,000.

Jonathan Martin's Blog: McCain far outspending Obama on TV in swing states - Politico.com

Forum List

Back