Maybe Trump is looking for a way out?

Which candidates currently in the race will endorse Trump as they drop out one by one?
Will an endorsement from any of them - those who drop out (like Graham, Christie, Carson) - even matter that much? I'm not sure it will...but who knows.

It matters if Trump is around 40% or less and the dropouts start to coalesce around one candidate.

I'm still holding the contrarian opinion that Jeb Bush isn't done yet.
You think that because a candidate who is losing drops out, his supporters will automatically support whoever he tells them to?

Is that a rhetorical question?
No.

Trump is making enemies, above and beyond the usual back and forth within a party during primaries. Almost all of his attacks on his opponents are little more than ad hominem insults.

Unless he wins the first few in blowouts and creates a bandwagon situation, I think his opponents will remain keen for some vengeance.

Because he walked out on the Fox debate he wants to 'implode'? He just kicked Fox's ass. Their ratings plummeted, they were exposed on multiple levels for being biased and even trying to set Trump up, and he walked away looking even stronger. I respect your (OP) opinion but disagree.

"Ratings", in a political debate, are absolutely irrelevant.

I strongly suspect Rump knows that as well as I do. What he's counting on is that YOU don't know that. It's part of his psychomanipulative bullshit schtick that fuels everything that ever came out of his mouth.

Will an endorsement from any of them - those who drop out (like Graham, Christie, Carson) - even matter that much? I'm not sure it will...but who knows.

It matters if Trump is around 40% or less and the dropouts start to coalesce around one candidate.

I'm still holding the contrarian opinion that Jeb Bush isn't done yet.
You think that because a candidate who is losing drops out, his supporters will automatically support whoever he tells them to?

Is that a rhetorical question?
No.

Trump is making enemies, above and beyond the usual back and forth within a party during primaries. Almost all of his attacks on his opponents are little more than ad hominem insults.

Unless he wins the first few in blowouts and creates a bandwagon situation, I think his opponents will remain keen for some vengeance.
You didn't answer my question. Do you think the other candidates who drop out can tell their supporters who to vote for and they'll do it?

He threw a public tantrum in the process. Something he did not need to do to get his way.

Kicked Fox ass for not showing up? Normally, it is judged that the person was a coward if they refuse to come on Fox--See Democrat politicians for that one.

I think some of you are misreading his actions. If you hold him to the same old standards you have held other politicians too, you would understand my theory. The difference is you are giving Trump a pass for no readily tangible reason.

In fact, some of argued that Trump was a conservative this past summer only to change that argument to it does not matter if he is a conservative only recently. There is little consistency on why Trump supporter actually supports Trump.

Well, besides Trump taps into their anger, get things done and is not a real politician Washington.

And that tantrum, in this particular case among many, has a paper (Twitter) trail going back six months to the last time Megyn Kelly dared challenge Him. A constant stream of whining, 140 characters at a time. Seriously I haven't seen that much whine since I worked on the vineyards in Beauolais.

He's a whiner. It's his nature. What a great idea, to imagine a POTUS with a skin two nanomicrons thick. I can't think of any way that's not a great idea.

Forum List

Back