Maybe Trump is looking for a way out?

it is the very people that thinks Trump is serious after all his antics that worry me the most. Come on, Trump is not using some creative foresight to determine his next move up the polls. Trump is intentionally stumbling in order to lose support.

Who wants an ass that throws public temper tantrums as president? Trump supporters!
Who hate PC behavior because they hate being courteous to some groups of people? Trump supporters!
Who are voting purely out of emotions--mostly rage? Trump supporters

Trump has stumbled across a dangerous political oil fire and do not know how to put it out. Mainly because it can't be put out.
Just curious. Do you ever read the nonsense you write?

Trumps ego is too big to try and lose. The man wants to win and he wants to win big. If he wanted out he wouldn't still be out there campaigning. Actions say everything.

There. I posted it. and I don't care what the "Trump supporters" think!

Look, Trump is a narcissist that can't admit to losing. Worst, he does not want to be seen as a quitter! But each time he does something that would end the political career of the average man, he gains support! He shoots up in the polls.

I think Trump is more bewildered by his large appeal than anyone else(Actually I get it. There are people that prefer being led by narcissist and sociopaths! The sociopaths disregard to consequences is the key attractive quality that supporters want.) However, he has shown that he is trying to end his campaign.

Why do I say Trump wants to "Stop"?
A simple example is the Fox debate.

Most politicians would use any chance to gain free TV time in order to win. However, Trump, who knows that he could talk to Fox and try to get them to soften their approach, choose the route that would remove himself from the debate altogether.

An approach that was assured to cause consternation and derision from his opponents and people that have yet to make a decision.

Why 'quit' the debate, then? He quit in order to LOSE support in Iowa and New Hampshire! If he win those primary states, it becomes more difficult for him to leave the race!

However, Trump has miscalculated again. Already, there are people calling it a masterful move, an attempt to manipulate the media, pure genius-- I would agree if you are trying to quit the race! However, his supporters do not want to let him go!

In fact, from what have seen, it will bring him more supporters, more people that loves a good sociopath doing the darnedest of things.

I seriously think Trump is trying to quit the race without actually "quitting" while in the lead. To do so would reveal that his campaign is a publicity stunt, an attempt to increase the popularity of his name. Now, it is time to end this farce without admitting it was a farce to his consumer base.

Trump is begging, pleading, imploring his supporters to let him go. He does not want to be your president, he wants to sell you junk and makes lots of money. Stop defending his actions and call it what they actually are--boneheaded statements and political killing moves. Stop seeing more into it than what they really are.

Trump wants to quit with dignity. Stop supporting him so he can end his campaign in a dignified manner.

You should seek mental help.

:rofl:

Why should I seek mental help?
Because I fail to see the genius behind skipping a debate before the Iowa primaries?
Or because I recognized a pattern of political self-destruction in such acts?

Because you are living in a fantasyland.

irony-meter.jpg

Look, Trump is a narcissist that can't admit to losing. Worst, he does not want to be seen as a quitter! But each time he does something that would end the political career of the average man, he gains support! He shoots up in the polls.

I think Trump is more bewildered by his large appeal than anyone else(Actually I get it. There are people that prefer being led by narcissist and sociopaths! The sociopaths disregard to consequences is the key attractive quality that supporters want.) However, he has shown that he is trying to end his campaign.

Most politicians would use any chance to gain free TV time in order to win. However, Trump, who knows that he could talk to Fox and try to get them to soften their approach, choose the route that would remove himself from the debate altogether.

An approach that was assured to cause consternation and derision from his opponents and people that have yet to make a decision.

Why 'quit' the debate, then? He quit in order to LOSE support in Iowa and New Hampshire! If he win those primary states, it becomes more difficult for him to leave the race!

However, Trump has miscalculated again. Already, there are people calling it a masterful move, an attempt to manipulate the media, pure genius-- I would agree if you are trying to quit the race! However, his supporters do not want to let him go!

In fact, from what have seen, it will bring him more supporters, more people that loves a good sociopath doing the darnedest of things.

I seriously think Trump is trying to quit the race without actually "quitting" while in the lead. To do so would reveal that his campaign is a publicity stunt, an attempt to increase the popularity of his name. Now, it is time to end this farce without admitting it was a farce to his consumer base.

Trump is begging, pleading, imploring his supporters to let him go. He does not want to be your president, he wants to sell you junk and makes lots of money. Stop defending his actions and call it what they actually are--boneheaded statements and political killing moves. Stop seeing more into it than what they really are.

Trump wants to quit with dignity. Stop supporting him so he can end his campaign in a dignified manner.

Because I fail to see the genius behind skipping a debate before the Iowa primaries?

Why do you say that?

Because you are delusional.

Trump doesn't want to lose. He isn't wishy-washy or non-committal in any way! He has held a rally just abut every single day since he got in the race. He is working his ass off! . He had dedicated his entire life for the past 8 months to this, and he is doing it all on his own dime. It's working. He is leading every poll in every state.

His decision to blow off the 7th Fox News debate will only increase his appeal. Reagan skipped the final Iowa in 1980. and went on to win in a landslide.

Whatever you think of him, Trump is running a brilliant campaign.

I think you completely misunderstand the point.

It's not going to LOOK like "losing". And when it happens it'll be spun the same way a bankruptcy gets spun into "yeah I meant to do that". He'll simply continue with the blusterfluff about how he stuck it to the media, stuck to the system, ran away whimpering from Megyn Kelly....

--- and the Gullible's Travellers will suck it up like candy, just as they're doing now.

The ultimate result will be either Tweedle Dee (DR) or Tweedle Dum (RD) will actually win the election, but in terms of ego-gluttony attention, which is now, always was, and always will be Rump's motive for everything, he will overshadow all that and he'll start crowing about "ratings" and immediately get to work on breaking his own Guinness world record for how many times a single speech can work in the first person singular pronoun.

In other words nothing will change from present patterns at all.

Why do you say that?

Trump doesn't want to lose. He isn't wishy-washy or non-committal in any way! He has held a rally just abut every single day since he got in the race. He is working his ass off! . He had dedicated his entire life for the past 8 months to this, and he is doing it all on his own dime. It's working. He is leading every poll in every state.

His decision to blow off the 7th Fox News debate will only increase his appeal. Reagan skipped the final Iowa in 1980. and went on to win in a landslide.

What happened to Reagan in Iowa is in no way a causal (or inversely causal) factor in what happened months down the road.

That's like saying "George H.W. Bush got a haircut on July 28 1954 and that's why he lost in '92".

Why do you say that?

I don't know if you call that working his ass off or loving the attention. Also, if he is paying for it or someone else it does not mean he really wants to become president, but indicates he actually likes the spotlight.

Also, let us not forget he is promoting his name, which is the key to his making money. So going out and holding rallies could be part of his advertising plan as well.

Trumps leading in the polls is more indicative of the people that supports him--people that have written off most politicians as the same old chump that gets nothing done for them. Their selection of Trump has more to do with anger towards the past actions of their party and the refusal to repeat sending the same type of career politician back. There is nothing Trump has done in the past that indicates he will accomplish the goals his followers are electing him for.

There is no brilliance to his campaign. Nothing Trump has done has ever had an indication to increasing poll numbers. In fact, most of the things Trump has said and done should indicate a campaign that sits in the dumps.

The reason it does not has more to do with his supporters than Trump.
His supporters think Trump feels the same way as they do when in reality Trump only sought to appeal to a "small" crowd and then disappear from the contest over time. He never intended to lead a majority of primary voters.

Cool story bro.

Why do you say that?

I don't know if you call that working his ass off or loving the attention. Also, if he is paying for it or someone else it does not mean he really wants to become president, but indicates he actually likes the spotlight.

Also, let us not forget he is promoting his name, which is the key to his making money. So going out and holding rallies could be part of his advertising plan as well.

Trumps leading in the polls is more indicative of the people that supports him--people that have written off most politicians as the same old chump that gets nothing done for them. Their selection of Trump has more to do with anger towards the past actions of their party and the refusal to repeat sending the same type of career politician back. There is nothing Trump has done in the past that indicates he will accomplish the goals his followers are electing him for.

There is no brilliance to his campaign. Nothing Trump has done has ever had an indication to increasing poll numbers. In fact, most of the things Trump has said and done should indicate a campaign that sits in the dumps.

His supporters think Trump feels the same way as they do when in reality Trump only sought to appeal to a "small" crowd and then disappear from the contest over time. He never intended to lead a majority of primary voters.

You are in complete denial. He already has a worldwide brand, he doesn't need more attention. He could have stayed on "The Apprentice" and made even more money and garnered even more attention. . He isn't in this for fame, attention, or wealth - he already has plenty of all three.

His campaign is pure brilliance. He's defied he conventional wisdom at every step and has climbed the polls. Trump started at less than 5% and has steadily risen to 35% in the RCP average. His support has not faltered at all, it has grown and it will grow more as the field winnows down.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

It's fine to not like the man, but your theory that "he wants to lose" or is doing this for the "attention" is cringe-worthy.

Why do you say that?

You are in complete denial. He already has a worldwide brand, he doesn't need more attention. He could have stayed on "The Apprentice" and made even more money and garnered even more attention. . He isn't in this for fame, attention, or wealth - he already has plenty of all three.

His campaign is pure brilliance. He's defied he conventional wisdom at every step and has climbed the polls. Trump started at less than 5% and has steadily risen to 35% in the RCP average. His support has not faltered at all, it has grown and it will grow more as the field winnows down.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

It's fine to not like the man, but your theory that "he wants to lose" or is doing this for the "attention" is cringe-worthy.

You have half the picture. Yes, worldwide "brand" (telling term), and we can all agree he doesn't need more attention.

The thing is --- HE doesn't agree with that. For an obsessive narcissist such as this, there is literally no such thing as "enough". That's why I describe it as an addiction. It's literally insatiable.

That's also why I don't believe his real goal is the White House. Sitting in the Presidency for four years would be way too mundane for this level of egomania. You get far FAR more attention running around making blusterfluff speeches to gullible cheering throngs who don't notice (or don't care to notice) that there isn't any substance behind it. If you actually get elected --- all that comes to a thudding halt. Sure you get to do one once in a while but without the electric tension of "running for" an office you don't presently have, the fuel is gone from that fire.

Though he's not known for thinking things through to the end, he cannot be unaware of how this all works, since this is exactly what he's a true expert at --- the process of getting the spotlight on Numero Uno. It describes, after all, his entire life. Not sure how you can muddle through this circus and somehow not recognize that.

Because he walked out on the Fox debate he wants to 'implode'? He just kicked Fox's ass. Their ratings plummeted, they were exposed on multiple levels for being biased and even trying to set Trump up, and he walked away looking even stronger. I respect your (OP) opinion but disagree.

He threw a public tantrum in the process. Something he did not need to do to get his way.

Kicked Fox ass for not showing up? Normally, it is judged that the person was a coward if they refuse to come on Fox--See Democrat politicians for that one.

I think some of you are misreading his actions. If you hold him to the same old standards you have held other politicians too, you would understand my theory. The difference is you are giving Trump a pass for no readily tangible reason.

In fact, some of argued that Trump was a conservative this past summer only to change that argument to it does not matter if he is a conservative only recently. There is little consistency on why Trump supporter actually supports Trump.

Well, besides Trump taps into their anger, get things done and is not a real politician Washington.

Which candidates currently in the race will endorse Trump as they drop out one by one?
Will an endorsement from any of them - those who drop out (like Graham, Christie, Carson) - even matter that much? I'm not sure it will...but who knows.

Which candidates currently in the race will endorse Trump as they drop out one by one?
Will an endorsement from any of them - those who drop out (like Graham, Christie, Carson) - even matter that much? I'm not sure it will...but who knows.

It matters if Trump is around 40% or less and the dropouts start to coalesce around one candidate.

I'm still holding the contrarian opinion that Jeb Bush isn't done yet.

He threw a public tantrum in the process. Something he did not need to do to get his way.

Kicked Fox ass for not showing up? Normally, it is judged that the person was a coward if they refuse to come on Fox--See Democrat politicians for that one.

I think some of you are misreading his actions. If you hold him to the same old standards you have held other politicians too, you would understand my theory. The difference is you are giving Trump a pass for no readily tangible reason.

In fact, some of argued that Trump was a conservative this past summer only to change that argument to it does not matter if he is a conservative only recently. There is little consistency on why Trump supporter actually supports Trump.

Well, besides Trump taps into their anger, get things done and is not a real politician Washington.
You just gave several right there, dumbass.

It matters if Trump is around 40% or less and the dropouts start to coalesce around one candidate.

You think that because a candidate who is losing drops out, his supporters will automatically support whoever he tells them to?

You think that because a candidate who is losing drops out, his supporters will automatically support whoever he tells them to?

Is that a rhetorical question?

Is that a rhetorical question?
No.

Forum List

Back