Matthews Admits Media Is Biased

Lets see Matthews is a former aide to Tip O"Neil and Pres Peanut, his own words prove he is a liberal, and his show is anti Republican and Prd Democrat

Yes, he does believe in a liberal bias and he admits the news is slanted to the left

This does nothing to prove your point. What you have here is a non sequitur. Perhaps I can point out an alternative explanation that even you could agree with.

Suppose that CM is a huge liberal. In fact, he is so liberal that the rest of the media seems conservative to him. Perhaps he could be suggesting that the media has a conservative bias, since he is so far to the left.

In reality, he was probably referencing the fact that the media used to be very partisan. There used to be a paper for conservatives, and another one for liberals. Each paper done from a Coulter/Moore viewpoint.

More people watch and rely on Foxnews than any other "liberal" news network
check the numbers here............ Fox definately is more balanced than any other news organization IMHO

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/default.asp

You are making the presumption that people actually watch the news to become informed, rather than entertained. If people just wanted to be informed by some objective source, we wouldn't have had weeks of coverage over Anna Nicole Smith's death and paternity suits.

This does nothing to prove your point. What you have here is a non sequitur. Perhaps I can point out an alternative explanation that even you could agree with.

Suppose that CM is a huge liberal. In fact, he is so liberal that the rest of the media seems conservative to him. Perhaps he could be suggesting that the media has a conservative bias, since he is so far to the left.

In reality, he was probably referencing the fact that the media used to be very partisan. There used to be a paper for conservatives, and another one for liberals. Each paper done from a Coulter/Moore viewpoint.

You are making the presumption that people actually watch the news to become informed, rather than entertained. If people just wanted to be informed by some objective source, we wouldn't have had weeks of coverage over Anna Nicole Smith's death and paternity suits.

Chris is a big liberal. He has shown his double standard many times, and has shouted down many of his conservative guests

His show has dismal ratings mush like his network

Fox News gives both sides and allows both liberal and conservatives to speak their mind

That is why they are #1 cable news network

Chris is a big liberal. He has shown his double standard many times, and has shouted down many of his conservative guests

His show has dismal ratings mush like his network

Fox News gives both sides and allows both liberal and conservatives to speak their mind

That is why they are #1 cable news network

Your post fails to address any of the points I brought up. To do that, you would need to do something like think about why my proposed alternative explanation of a conservatively biased media is false. All you've done is affirm one of my premises.

Fox is the #1 cable news network because they are the most entertaining. They, not coincidentally, also have the largest amount of airtime devoted to editorial programs, which are inherently not objective. CSPAN directly broadcasts many congressional speeches, with no filter for the people. Would you honestly rather watch congressional speeches or watch Coulter on Fox news?

Your post fails to address any of the points I brought up. To do that, you would need to do something like think about why my proposed alternative explanation of a conservatively biased media is false. All you've done is affirm one of my premises.

Fox is the #1 cable news network because they are the most entertaining. They, not coincidentally, also have the largest amount of airtime devoted to editorial programs, which are inherently not objective. CSPAN directly broadcasts many congressional speeches, with no filter for the people. Would you honestly rather watch congressional speeches or watch Coulter on Fox news?

Fox is #1 because they giove both sides, they have a large number of Dems and libs on, they are not as one sided as CNN and MSNBC

I have said this before, and I will repeat it - Fox News has twice the number of libs on its shows the the number of conservatives on CNN and MSNBC combined

Fox is #1 because they giove both sides, they have a large number of Dems and libs on, they are not as one sided as CNN and MSNBC

I have said this before, and I will repeat it - Fox News has twice the number of libs on its shows the the number of conservatives on CNN and MSNBC combined

How does the numbers of liberals or conservatives matter? If a newspaper had half of its columns written by Hannity and half written by Colmes, I wouldn't consider that fair and balanced reporting. That would be what CM was talking about, biased reporting. I would consider the newspaper balanced if it had objectively written articles.

How does the numbers of liberals or conservatives matter? If a newspaper had half of its columns written by Hannity and half written by Colmes, I wouldn't consider that fair and balanced reporting. That would be what CM was talking about, biased reporting. I would consider the newspaper balanced if it had objectively written articles.

The left rants how Fox News has a conservative bias when they don't. They present the news in a straight forward manner

When they have a discussion both sides are heard

Perhaps CNN and MSNBC should take notes. Look at the difference at how the Presidental debates were run. On Fox News it was a debate - on CNN it was more like a high school debate

The left rants how Fox News has a conservative bias when they don't. They present the news in a straight forward manner

When they have a discussion both sides are heard

Perhaps CNN and MSNBC should take notes. Look at the difference at how the Presidental debates were run. On Fox News it was a debate - on CNN it was more like a high school debate

So why don't you think that CM, who is apparently part of the left, could have been ranting that Fox News, and the rest of the media, have a conservative bias rather than admitting the media has a liberal bias? Is that outside the realm of possibility.

So why don't you think that CM, who is apparently part of the left, could have been ranting that Fox News, and the rest of the media, have a conservative bias rather than admitting the media has a liberal bias? Is that outside the realm of possibility.

No I don't

His arrogrance prevents him from it

Lets see Matthews is a former aide to Tip O"Neil and Pres Peanut, his own words prove he is a liberal, and his show is anti Republican and Prd Democrat

Yes, he does believe in a liberal bias and he admits the news is slanted to the left

his own particular views have nothing to do with his statement.

I think Matthews' words make it clear that he thinks that the country was built on biased reporting...but, from your quote - and from the article you quote it from, I do not see where he says anything about "promoting a liberal aganda"[sic]. There is no case made that any bias is liberal in any way, nor that all media is biased in the same direction.

This thread is nothing but an unsupported, erroneous, flatulent conclusion from the king of flatulence.

his own particular views have nothing to do with his statement.

I think Matthews' words make it clear that he thinks that the country was built on biased reporting...but, from your quote - and from the article you quote it from, I do not see where he says anything about "promoting a liberal aganda"[sic]. There is no case made that any bias is liberal in any way, nor that all media is biased in the same direction.

This thread is nothing but an unsupported, erroneous, flatulent conclusion from the king of flatulence.

Try what he says. Since nobody watchs his show - here is one example (I have alot more)

His show is based on DNC talking points

Of course Chris loves the liberal bias of the media - he is part of it

Below are transcripts of the two relevant portions from MSNBC's November 7 election night coverage:

Chuck Todd, National Journal: "I'm still believing, and I think our line here is about 25 or 30 House seats. If it gets over 25 or 30 House seats, you're going to see six Senate seats. I don't think you're going to see four Senate seats and 30 House seats for the Democrats."

Chris Matthews, about 7:36 pm: "Well, that'll be fantastic news. It'll be huge news, I should say, because if that happens, then we have a government run by the Democrats and executive branch run by the Republicans, President George W. Bush, having to actually negotiate every aspect of national policy, including the war in Iraq, right Chuck?"

Matthews, about 7:39 pm: "And it could be that populist instinct I keep finding in the polling, Howard. I want you to check Gene and I on that, which is every time you ask people questions now, they don't just say I'd like to make more money at work, I'd like to have a higher salary, I'd like to have some break on tuition for the kids, they're saying the damn rich are getting all the money. There's a real anger out there you're seeing, it shows up in discussions of foreign trade, all kinds of ways, the rich are grabbing it, Halliburton, the big shot insider taking the money away from us, that's why we're not doing so well."

http://newsbusters.org/node/8939

he wasn't talking about himself...but the media in general. nowhere does he mention a "liberal" bias. learn to read.

he wasn't talking about himself...but the media in general. nowhere does he mention a "liberal" bias. learn to read.

When Chris talks about the country being built on a bias - it is a liberal bias

Keep trying to provide him cover, as you do all your fellow libs

Facts to you is anything that back up your predetermined views

anything else is dismissed - even the words of Chris himself

if you could find the word "liberal" in your article, I would appreciate you showing it to me....absent any facts, all you have is your opinion.

if you could find the word "liberal" in your article, I would appreciate you showing it to me....absent any facts, all you have is your opinion.

You must have an endless supply of passes to hand out to your fellow libs

The fact is Chris is a nutty lib - and his show is in last place in the time slot. He thinks the liberal bias of the media is a good thing - and so do you rrom your posts

You must have an endless supply of passes to hand out to your fellow libs

The fact is Chris is a nutty lib - and his show is in last place in the time slot. He thinks the liberal bias of the media is a good thing - and so do you rrom your posts

couldn't find it, I take it?

why not just say so?

Chris Matthews: Bush "Sneaks" Into Pakistan "Like a Drug Dealer"
Posted by Rich Noyes on March 3, 2006 - 19:36.
President Bush arrived in Pakistan “like a drug dealer...under cover of night,” according to MSNBC’s Chris Matthews. On Friday’s Hardball, Matthews highlighted the security measures taken to protect Bush as he arrived in the same country in which al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden may have found sanctuary, but he pivoted between suggesting the threat to Bush is quite real and language that suggested the President had skulked into Pakistan like a coward

Beginning the segment at about 5:25pm EST on Friday night, Matthews first asked MSNBC’s Hasan Zaidi to describe “the weird way in which our President had to enter your country, enter that country today.”

Matthews cut him off: “But he’s coming in like a drug dealer. I mean, having to sneak in like that, with the lights off, with the windows slammed shut on the plane. Is this a security question, really, or is it a problem of that government? Is it a problem that within the security service in Pakistan there are people out to hurt the President?”

Cressey said that it’s both, that it is a real security problem but that the Pakistani intelligence service also has elements that support al-Qaeda. They then discussed how the Secret Service fears that Bush’s movements could be leaked to al-Qaeda, that they have to assume that Bush’s security arrangements may be known to potential terrorists.

“The Secret Service is the best in the business, but their pucker factor right now is really high,” Cressey told Matthews. “They’re very worried because it is a high risk environment, and they cannot control the environment within which the President is handled.”

Matthews then turned to Gergen to opine on “what message this sends to the people of Pakistan. They know how the President’s coming in over there. Guess what, the leader of the greatest nation in the world, our ally in the war against terrorism, had to sneak into the country last night by cover of night.”
http://newsbusters.org/node/4287

Forum List

Back