Matthews Admits Media Is Biased

There are alot of Clinton hold overs that do what they can to undermine the current adminiatration

Does the name Mary McCarty mean anything to you?

answer my question: do you really think that Gates was not involved in this hiring? yes or no?

answer my question: do you really think that Gates was not involved in this hiring? yes or no?

I am saying for some reason they hired a liberal news reporter - why - I would like to know

The guy has not been objective in his news reports

I am saying for some reason they hired a liberal news reporter - why - I would like to know

The guy has not been objective in his news reports

so you are saying that the Secretary of Defense would knowingly hire someone who you think has been liberal and subjective with the news while in the media? Yeah...that makes lots of sense.

She was a CIA employee who leaked classified information to the liberal media

She also was a doner to the Kerry campaign

so you are saying that the Secretary of Defense would knowingly hire someone who you think has been liberal and subjective with the news while in the media? Yeah...that makes lots of sense.

As I said, I would like to know why they hired him.

Objectivity does not seem to be important to him

As I said, I would like to know why they hired him.

Objectivity does not seem to be important to him

gosh....do you think that, just maybe, the pentagon views him differently than you do? Do you think that, just maybe, the secretary of defense is a better judge of journalistic ethics and talent than some guy from Pennsylvania who stocks shelves at Walmart and lives in his Mom's trailer?:rofl:

gosh....do you think that, just maybe, the pentagon views him differently than you do? Do you think that, just maybe, the secretary of defense is a better judge of journalistic ethics and talent than some guy from Pennsylvania who stocks shelves at Walmart and lives in his Mom's trailer?:rofl:

You would like any liberal reporter who bashes the President, and expresses his personal anti war views

Hurry up and reply before the boss finds out you are posting on company time

You would like any liberal reporter who bashes the President, and expresses his personal anti war views

Hurry up and reply before the boss finds out you are posting on company time

I have no views on this guy. Obviously, your views and the ones of the secretary of defense are contradictory. Why do you think you would know more about this man than his future boss?

and what makes you think I am at work?

I have no views on this guy. Obviously, your views and the ones of the secretary of defense are contradictory. Why do you think you would know more about this man than his future boss?

and what makes you think I am at work?

You must have overlooked the examples on his "objective" news reports

You have whined how you can't view some posts because of a filter at your work computer

Did the boss catch you?

You must have overlooked the examples on his "objective" news reports

You have whined how you can't view some posts because of a filter at your work computer

Did the boss catch you?

some days I am at work...some days I work from home...some days I am at play.

the question remains: why do you think you are a better judge as to who should be the spokesman for the pentagon than Gates?

some days I am at work...some days I work from home...some days I am at play.

the question remains: why do you think you are a better judge as to who should be the spokesman for the pentagon than Gates?

I am going by his openly biased reporting

To you - it is fair and objective reporting

I am going by his openly biased reporting

To you - it is fair and objective reporting

That still doesn't answer my question: Obviously, your views and the ones of the secretary of defense are contradictory. Why do you think you would know more about this man than his future boss?

That still doesn't answer my question: Obviously, your views and the ones of the secretary of defense are contradictory. Why do you think you would know more about this man than his future boss?

How many times do I have to post I would like to know why they hired an obvious ant war liberal?

How many times do I have to post I would like to know why they hired an obvious ant war liberal?

maybe they have a different opinion of him than you do.....maybe, just maybe...the opinion of the secretary of defense is more informed than yours.

maybe they have a different opinion of him than you do.....maybe, just maybe...the opinion of the secretary of defense is more informed than yours.

No, he is the one with the opinion - even when he supposed to be reporting the news

On February 26, 2006, ABC devoted a story to lamenting the apathy at Kent State, a hotbed of anti-Vietnam war protests, toward the war in Iraq. Reporter Geoff Morrell passed along an all too common smear of war supporters as he contended that "many are reluctant to speak out against it for fear of being called unpatriotic." In his World News Tonight piece, Morrell fretted that the "indifference" toward the war "is surprising at this school, a hotbed of anti-war protests during Vietnam, and still popular with liberals."
Comments from left-wing students dominated Morrell's piece, such as one who charged: "It's an act of modern day imperialism, where America is going to other countries and moving, trying to expand its borders to take over other countries and use them for economic resources." Morrell even found a vet, who "fought in Iraq and Afghanistan," who became "totally disillusioned." The vet-turned-student declared: "I think it's an unjust war." Morrell touted how "the 25 year-old enrolled at Kent State, hoping he could reinvigorate its anti-war movement," but he disappointingly found only apathy.

Several media outlets on couldn't resist trumping up President Bush's motorcade passing by Cindy Sheehan's protest camp. On the August 12, 2005 World News Tonight, ABC's Geoff Morrell relayed how "the President's motorcade passed by Cindy Sheehan en route to a $2 million Republican fund-raiser" and asked Sheehan: "Are you disappointed he didn't stop?" Morrell also pointed out how "in the eleven days Mr. Bush has been on vacation, at least 37 troops have been killed in Iraq."

On July 31, 2005, Morrell recited how anti-war Democratic congressional candidate Paul Hackett denounced President Bush as a "chicken hawk" and "the biggest threat to America," but instead of describing that as mudslinging, Morrell called it "candor," relaying: "If elected, Hackett says he'll use that same candor to educate Congress about what's really going on in Iraq."

Right before Bush's second inaugural, on January 16, 2005, Morrell focused on how "some" are upset by a "lavish" inaugural in the midst of a war. ABC anchor Terry Moran teased at the top of that Sunday's World News Tonight: "In a time of war and natural disaster, is it time for a lavish celebration?" Correspondent Morrell proceeded to relay the complaints of one anti-war activist and a rich sports owner who had voted for Bush. Without mentioning how FDR was near-death at the time, Morrell contrasted Bush with how "during World War II Franklin Roosevelt opted not to have a parade or a party — just a White House swearing in followed by a small luncheon of chicken salad

No, he is the one with the opinion - even when he supposed to be reporting the news

On February 26, 2006, ABC devoted a story to lamenting the apathy at Kent State, a hotbed of anti-Vietnam war protests, toward the war in Iraq. Reporter Geoff Morrell passed along an all too common smear of war supporters as he contended that "many are reluctant to speak out against it for fear of being called unpatriotic." In his World News Tonight piece, Morrell fretted that the "indifference" toward the war "is surprising at this school, a hotbed of anti-war protests during Vietnam, and still popular with liberals."
Comments from left-wing students dominated Morrell's piece, such as one who charged: "It's an act of modern day imperialism, where America is going to other countries and moving, trying to expand its borders to take over other countries and use them for economic resources." Morrell even found a vet, who "fought in Iraq and Afghanistan," who became "totally disillusioned." The vet-turned-student declared: "I think it's an unjust war." Morrell touted how "the 25 year-old enrolled at Kent State, hoping he could reinvigorate its anti-war movement," but he disappointingly found only apathy.

Several media outlets on couldn't resist trumping up President Bush's motorcade passing by Cindy Sheehan's protest camp. On the August 12, 2005 World News Tonight, ABC's Geoff Morrell relayed how "the President's motorcade passed by Cindy Sheehan en route to a $2 million Republican fund-raiser" and asked Sheehan: "Are you disappointed he didn't stop?" Morrell also pointed out how "in the eleven days Mr. Bush has been on vacation, at least 37 troops have been killed in Iraq."

On July 31, 2005, Morrell recited how anti-war Democratic congressional candidate Paul Hackett denounced President Bush as a "chicken hawk" and "the biggest threat to America," but instead of describing that as mudslinging, Morrell called it "candor," relaying: "If elected, Hackett says he'll use that same candor to educate Congress about what's really going on in Iraq."

Right before Bush's second inaugural, on January 16, 2005, Morrell focused on how "some" are upset by a "lavish" inaugural in the midst of a war. ABC anchor Terry Moran teased at the top of that Sunday's World News Tonight: "In a time of war and natural disaster, is it time for a lavish celebration?" Correspondent Morrell proceeded to relay the complaints of one anti-war activist and a rich sports owner who had voted for Bush. Without mentioning how FDR was near-death at the time, Morrell contrasted Bush with how "during World War II Franklin Roosevelt opted not to have a parade or a party — just a White House swearing in followed by a small luncheon of chicken salad

and yet, Gates hired HIM to be the pentagon spokesman.... methinks that maybe Gates has a more informed and complete picture of the guy than you do. But I am sure that you think you know more about it than the secretary of defense does.

and regarding the topic of this thread, you never did address this, RSR:

I think Matthews' words make it clear that he thinks that the country was built on biased reporting...but, from your quote - and from the article you quote it from, I do not see where he says anything about "promoting a liberal aganda"[sic]. There is no case made that any bias is liberal in any way, nor that all media is biased in the same direction.

This thread is nothing but an unsupported, erroneous, flatulent conclusion from the king of flatulence.

The BBC finally admitted they are slanted left. I admit Fox is more right wing, but that isn't fair huh. Journalist, by trade, are mostly liberal. That's why Fox gets criticized so much. They are more conservative. One out of how many news stations. He are a few quotes from the BBC confession

People that watch Fox admit to being more conservative. Why has it taken so long for left people to admit that the majority of news corporations are liberal?

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56228

More people watch and rely on Foxnews than any other "liberal" news network
check the numbers here............ Fox definately is more balanced than any other news organization IMHO

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/default.asp

and regarding the topic of this thread, you never did address this, RSR:

Lets see Matthews is a former aide to Tip O"Neil and Pres Peanut, his own words prove he is a liberal, and his show is anti Republican and Prd Democrat

Yes, he does believe in a liberal bias and he admits the news is slanted to the left

Forum List

Back