Matt Taibbi

I agree.

The same rules apply to Twitter as for rightwing radio and Fox TV, and for Trump’s own “Real Truth” platform.

Trump himself is absolute dictator of “Real Truth” — he doesn’t have to “take orders” from the RNC or anyone else to block whatever he wants. His managers have banished liberals and independents who criticize him.

This Twitter stuff is really all old news. Twitter today is run by “the richest man in the world” Elon Musk, who openly bragged “We will coup whoever we want!” He can legally “censor” or “exile” any piece of news and anyone he wishes from Twitter today, tomorrow or next year.

Sorry folks, but that is just the way it is … and has been for ages. There is a Constitutional right to “free speech” and protection for a “free press” … for those who can afford to own one.

Today these rules apply to large and small “private platforms” in the new media as well, and probably will remain this way for the foreseeable future.

I get it that Trump supporters are pissed off. The Democrats played hardball with them over the Hunter Biden “scandal,” which they expected to use to win a close election. Dems refused to play patsy and let them make hay out of this new scandal as they did with Hillary’s stolen emails. Welcome to hardball American politics — your side plays the same game.

Now Trump supporters and Repubs are stuck in the past, and Trump has ruined his “brand” with his manic talk about “terminating” the Constitution. All the hearings Repubs hold in Congress over Hunter Biden’s laptop and Twitter consulting with the FBI will change nothing, and seem just like more “Benghazi!” posturing.

Ultimately, although I hope the pathetic Hunter Biden gets what’s coming to him, my guess is at very best the only charges to stick will be “tax fraud” and a piddling gun charge.

Nobody knows the future for certain, but Repubs will almost certainly now need to get rid of the Trump albatross to win in 2024. “Trumpism without Trump” [DeSantis] may work, but only if the real Trump doesn’t drag his cult followers (and the whole Republican Party) down the drain with him.

As for Trump’s deluded cult followers who actually dream of “terminating” the Constitution, they are already proto-fascists and seditionists. They will be dealt with mercilessly if they act on their fantasies.
While I suspect we have a few political differences, this is a very well presented and objective post.

Thank you for your input.

Ultimately, although I hope the pathetic Hunter Biden gets what’s coming to him, my guess is at very best the only charges to stick will be “tax fraud” and a piddling gun charge.

I have no idea what is in the laptop, or what the contents are. I don't think any of us really do, but I am certain, there was a very good reason, that the federal authorities were sitting on it for well over a year, to protect a US Senator that had been in D.C. for over fifty year. Anyone that believes otherwise, is, IMO, hopelessly naive about how power works.

Some have speculated, that there are bribes from Ukrainian companies, and Chinese companies. If there is money leading to the Chinese, and that leads all the way to the oval office?

IMO? Your "at very best," could be somewhat understating the seriousness of this situation. It could, potentially be the largest scandal in US history since Benedict Arnold. A US president that is a puppet of one of the US's adversaries? I would imagine it is the only reason that Chinese have not already invaded Taiwan.

Not since Benedict Arnold have we had such a treasonous relationship in the highest levels of the American elite.

Somehow, though, given the organization of globalism, I doubt this investigation will lead to an indictment or will go that far.

The powers that be, will probably make a lot of hay of it, and, yeah, they will probably focus on the tax, gun and twitter garbage. The global elites want desperately to move forward with their plans, so, they would not want to jeopardize this, by having one of their own booted from office, and having populist forces gain power. I don't think that is a worry though, the legal, and as we have seen with twitter, most propaganda systems, are firmly in their hands.

… It could potentially be the largest scandal in US history since Benedict Arnold. A US president that is a puppet of one of the US's adversaries? I would imagine it is the only reason that Chinese have not already invaded Taiwan ….

With all respect, I believe these comments reflects some completely bonkers thinking.

The reason the main part of the “Security State” and “Establishment” initially so distrusted Trump and so preferred Hillary or “Sleepy Joe” was because they felt Trump was a loose cannon, irresponsible, and could be compromised, or even a dumb Russian “asset.”

This “Establishment” and Wall Street itself isn’t ordinarily strongly party-partisan. If anything in recent decades it has leaned Republican and supported neo-cons (or what amounts to the same — liberal imperialists). Wall Street and the “Security State” are NOT “pro-Chinese”!

Their “Globalism” fights for U.S. domination of world capitalism, and hence inevitably is strongly against regimes like Russia and China that oppose this! Whatever the complicated negotiating or international investing and trading posture adopted by U.S. elites at any single moment, the broad U.S. finance capitalist / neo-conservative Security State elements absolutely trusted historically tested politicians like Hillary and Biden to defend American (imperial) interests before all others.

A peaceful meta-capitalist “globalism” (let alone a surrender to China) is not in the cards — and no party is seriously advocating this.

Last edited:
sounds like xiden should be investigated for some campaign fin violations with these in kind donations

Forum List

Back