Massive mail delays hit the postal service as Donald Trump's new postmaster-General orders overtime ban

The U.S. Postal Service is experiencing days-long backlogs of mail, sparking fears the problem could continue into November and affect the election.

Additionally, an internal report from the postal service warned almost half the states are not providing adequate time for workers to deliver ballots ahead of the election.

Several states affected are battleground ones that could decide if Donald Trump or Joe Biden is the next president and it's big cities - which are hot beds of Democratic voters - that will likely be most affected.

Here we go

The U.S. Postal Service is in the Red.....they can't afford over time.......
overtime is a part of life for the carriers.....they are the ones who actually touch the mail and get it delivered everyone else can work their 8 and punch out and go home.....

The U.S. Postal Service is experiencing days-long backlogs of mail, sparking fears the problem could continue into November and affect the election.

Additionally, an internal report from the postal service warned almost half the states are not providing adequate time for workers to deliver ballots ahead of the election.

Several states affected are battleground ones that could decide if Donald Trump or Joe Biden is the next president and it's big cities - which are hot beds of Democratic voters - that will likely be most affected.

Here we go
USPS needs to go. It is obsolete.

Everybody depends on the mail system. Tramp put his man in just in time for the general election, expect it to get even worst.
The Postmaster General of the USA is appointed by the Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service, not the President. I know that to be a fact. I was a letter carrier for 30 years.

Here we go

It's in the Constitution. You can't get rid of it without a Constitutional Amendment.

Article 1 Section 8 Clause 7

The Congress shall have power

Of course, it reads that Congress has the power to establish. It does not mandate that they do so.

Like a hard copy of my business dealings. also like real letters and cards. popular now to have all your dealings on the net. maybe ALL is not such a great idea. sorry hope the post office & all they employ lasts 100 more years.

Here we go

Everybody depends on the mail system. Tramp put his man in just in time for the general election, expect it to get even worst.
The Postmaster General of the USA is appointed by the Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service, not the President. I know that to be a fact. I was a letter carrier for 30 years.
33 for me.....were were you at?....

Here we go

Westfield, NY is a small town on Lake Erie, near Buffalo, NY.

Here we go

Westfield, NY is a small town on Lake Erie, near Buffalo, NY.
i was raised in Niagara Falls.....but carried mail in Anaheim Ca....i have been to Westfield when i was a kid a few times...

Like a hard copy of my business dealings. also like real letters and cards.

Don't you have a printer of some kind?

Nobody writes letters anymore.
nobody?.....are you sure about that?....

Very few handwritten domestic letters. It's a lost art.
most people write something on cards that they send out.....

I suppose. We don't send cards. Just another Hallmark guilt scam.

Here we go

You’re the ones that want to trust the government with your mail-in ballot.

Congrats, you got what you wanted.

The post office has been extremely delayed since Covid began (oftentimes by days or even weeks).
are you saying you havent received any mail for days or even weeks?......

I'm saying that I run an online business on Amazon and Ebay and my orders have been delayed much more than normal, and even significantly in come cases. For example I shipped an order out on the 20th and it's first class USPS mail (large envelop) and still in transit. IIRC it went 3 zones away.

Most online retailers have warnings about it on their sites.

Here we go

You’re the ones that want to trust the government with your mail-in ballot.

Congrats, you got what you wanted.

Perhaps all the republicans can go to the polls, but the Dems will do mail in voting the same thing as absentee voting.

Here we go

98% of the snail mail I get is junk, and ends up in the trash can.
That is valuable fire tender.

Here we go

98% of the snail mail I get is junk, and ends up in the trash can.
That is valuable fire tender.

It seems I get a free non-stop supply.

Here we go
Yet another hoax by the left.

I was wondering why Obama was complaining about mail delays in the US Postal service.....he was doing it so they could release fake stories about Trump intentionally delaying the mail.
I see no evidence here at home that the mail is being delayed.

USPS is a 19th century service in a 21st century world. Three things will save it: stop the glut of junk mail (catalogs, ads, multi page weekly mail box cloggers). Raise the rates to make up for the loss of junk revenue
and let UPS and Fed Ex handle most of the parcels.

Forum List

Back