Mass grave of up to 800 children found underground at a former home for unmarried mothers & children

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A commission set up to investigate alleged abuse at religious-run so-called mother and baby homes has been carrying out an excavation at the former Catholic Church institution in Tuam, Co Galway.

It said it was "shocked" by the discovery of "significant quantities of human remains" in at least 17 of 20 underground chambers being excavated in recent weeks.
Mass grave of up to 800 children found underground at a former home for unmarried mothers and their babies in Ireland

Human remains found at Tuam former mother-and-baby home

She was right: How Catherine Corless uncovered what happened in Tuam

They kept the records. I wonder how shocked they would have been in the 50s, 60s and 70s had their been an investigation in that time period. It's horrific by our standards today but considering all the crap that did happen during those years I'm not so sure they would have been shocked at all.

A commission set up to investigate alleged abuse at religious-run so-called mother and baby homes has been carrying out an excavation at the former Catholic Church institution in Tuam, Co Galway.

It said it was "shocked" by the discovery of "significant quantities of human remains" in at least 17 of 20 underground chambers being excavated in recent weeks.
Mass grave of up to 800 children found underground at a former home for unmarried mothers and their babies in Ireland

They kept the records. I wonder how shocked they would have been in the 50s, 60s and 70s had their been an investigation in that time period. It's horrific by our standards today but considering all the crap that did happen during those years I'm not so sure they would have been shocked at all.

Yes all the epidemics of measles, mumps , TB, and food shortage, remember WWI and WWII, many Irish fought for the British, do you think the nuns killed the kids? I bet they did the best they could with what they had and adopted the babies out if they could, maybe no records were kept but I so doubt there was foul play.

Yes all the epidemics of measles, mumps , TB, and food shortage, remember WWI and WWII, many Irish fought for the British, do you think the nuns killed the kids? I bet they did the best they could with what they had and adopted the babies out if they could, maybe no records were kept but I so doubt there was foul play.

the nuns kept no records?. Why? they are illiterate?

Forum List

Back