CDZ Masks Are a Ticking Time Bomb | Mercola.com

phoenyx

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2016
Canada
Found an article on Mercola.com today with the title of this thread, seemed to be pretty persuasive. If anyone here disagrees with the article's assessment, would like to hear why. Quoting the "Story at a glance" portion of the article. If desired by a commenter, I can look for evidence within the article for a given point to discuss it further.

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • It’s estimated that 129 billion face masks are used worldwide each month, which works out to about 3 million masks a minute
  • Not only are masks not being recycled, but their materials make them likely to persist and accumulate in the environment
  • Because masks may be directly made from microsized plastic fibers with a thickness of 1 mm to 10 mm, they may release microsized particles into the environment more readily — and faster — than larger plastic items, like plastic bags
  • Microbes from your mouth, known as oral commensals, frequently enter your lungs, where they’ve been linked to advanced stage lung cancer; wearing a mask could potentially accelerate this process
  • The “new normal” of widespread masking is affecting not only the environment but also the mental and physical health of humans

Full article available upon creation of a free account here:

Found an article on Mercola.com today with the title of this thread, seemed to be pretty persuasive. If anyone here disagrees with the article's assessment, would like to hear why. Quoting the "Story at a glance" portion of the article. If desired by a commenter, I can look for evidence within the article for a given point to discuss it further.

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • It’s estimated that 129 billion face masks are used worldwide each month, which works out to about 3 million masks a minute
  • Not only are masks not being recycled, but their materials make them likely to persist and accumulate in the environment
  • Because masks may be directly made from microsized plastic fibers with a thickness of 1 mm to 10 mm, they may release microsized particles into the environment more readily — and faster — than larger plastic items, like plastic bags
  • Microbes from your mouth, known as oral commensals, frequently enter your lungs, where they’ve been linked to advanced stage lung cancer; wearing a mask could potentially accelerate this process
  • The “new normal” of widespread masking is affecting not only the environment but also the mental and physical health of humans

Definitely agree on the waste. Medical professionals would have died decades ago if this were true on wearing them.

I've been using the same paper mask for about three weeks ... :auiqs.jpg:

Once every day or so for 5-15 minutes, depending on the errands.

It's no more than a show disguise, like plastic Groucho glasses.
Bingo! I leave my cloth mask on the dashboard of my car which is my UV disinfectant process. I only put it on to keep people from freaking out when I enter a store.

Definitely agree on the waste. Medical professionals would have died decades ago if this were true on wearing them.

Even the article admits that the science on this still isn't firmly established. However, I think the evidence that there could be a problem for some is interesting. I'll quote what they have to say in the article about it. Note that the bolded numbers are links to other articles, at least some of which are from other sites.
Mask Use May Pose a Risk for Advanced Stage Lung Cancer
While it’s well-known that gut microbiota affect your immune system and risk of chronic diseases, it was long thought that lungs were sterile. Now it’s known that microbes from your mouth, known as oral commensals, frequently enter your lungs.19 Not only that, but researchers from New York University (NYU) Grossman School of Medicine revealed that when these oral commensals are “enriched” in the lungs, it’s associated with cancer.20

Specifically, in a study of 83 adults with lung cancer, those with advanced-stage cancer had more oral commensals in their lungs than those with early-stage cancer. Those with an enrichment of oral commensals in their lungs also had decreased survival and worsened tumor progression.

While the study didn’t look into how mask usage could affect oral commensals in your lungs, they did note, “The lower airway microbiota, whether in health or disease state, are mostly affected by aspiration of oral secretions, and the lower airway microbial products are in constant interaction with the host immune system.”21

It seems highly likely that wearing a mask would accelerate the accumulation of oral microbes in your lungs, thereby raising the question of whether mask usage could be linked to advanced stage lung cancer. The National Institutes of Health even conducted a study 22 that confirmed when you wear a mask most of the water vapor you would normally exhale remains in the mask, becomes condensed and is re-inhaled.23

They went so far as to suggest that wearing a moist mask and inhaling the humid air of your own breath was a good thing, because it would hydrate your respiratory tract. But given the finding that inhaling the microbes from your mouth may increase advanced cancer risk, this hardly sounds like a benefit.

Not to mention, the humidity inside the mask will allow pathogenic bacteria to rapidly grow and multiply and, since the mask makes it more difficult to breathe, you’re likely to breathe heavier, thereby risking inhaling the microbes even deeper inside your lungs.

I've been using the same paper mask for about three weeks ... :auiqs.jpg:

Once every day or so for 5-15 minutes, depending on the errands.

It's no more than a show disguise, like plastic Groucho glasses.

I use washable cloth masks. Pretty sure they're cotton, which is my favourite. There are risks when it comes to the plastic ones, as the article makes clear:
Another issue that’s rarely talked about is the fact that when you wear a mask, tiny microfibers are released, which can cause health problems when inhaled. The risk is increased when masks are reused. This hazard was highlighted in a performance study to be published in the June 2021 issue of Journal of Hazardous Materials.16

Researchers from Xi’an Jiaotong University also said scientists, manufacturers and regulators need to assess the inhalation of microplastic and nanoplastic debris shed from masks — both disposable and cloth — noting:17

“… [C]omplaints of throat irritation or discomfort in the respiratory tract by children, the elderly, or other sensitive individuals after wearing these may be alerting signs of excessive amounts of respirable debris inhaled from self-made masks and respirators.”
In the featured study researchers also called on the environmental research community to “move fast to understand and mitigate these risks,” suggesting that reusable cloth masks be promoted in lieu of disposable options and that mask-only trash cans be set up to assist in proper disposal.18 However, another option would be to loosen or eliminate mask mandates, which may turn out to cause more harm than good.

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

Great article, here is some more information on the masks:

FACE MASKS DO NOT PREVENT SPREAD OF AIRBORNE PATHOGENS

Numerous randomized control trials (RCTs) analyzed the efficacy of masks in preventing the spread of an aerosol pathogen.

Below is a partial list of such trials found in professionally-reviewed literature, published by the following internationally-recognized organizations. I encourage you to click on any of the links to learn more:

A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers

Facemasks and similar barriers to prevent respiratory illness such as COVID-19: A rapid systematic review

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks in protecting health care workers from acute respiratory infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis

DEFINE_ME

Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings—Personal Protective and Environmental Measures

Use of surgical face masks to reduce the incidence of the common cold among health care workers in Japan: a randomized controlled trial - PubMed

ACP Journals

9 Potential and Proven Dangers to Muzzling Yourself

1. Cavities: New York dentists are reporting that half their patients are suffering decaying teeth, receding gum lines and seriously sour breath from wearing masks. “We’re seeing inflammation in people’s gums that have been healthy forever, and cavities in people who have never had them before,” Dr. Rob Ramondi told FOX News.
https://www.foxnews.com/health/mask-mouth-dentists-new-term

2. Facial Deformities: Masking children triggers mouth breathing which as been shown to cause “long, narrow faces, narrow mouths, high palatal vaults, dental malocclusion, gummy smiles, and many other unattractive facial features,” according to the Journal of General Dentistry.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20129889/

3. Acne Vulgaris: Moisture and germs collecting in the mask cause “facial skin lesions, irritant dermatitis… or worsening acne” (according to Public Health Ontario) which stresses the immune system, can lead to permanent scarring and has been linked to depression and suicidal thoughts (according to the Journal of Dermatologic Clinics). Children also develop impetigo, a bacterial infection that produces red sores and can lead to kidney damage (according to the Mayo Clinic).
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20129889/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22284143/
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/impetigo/symptoms-causes/syc-20352352

4. Increased Risk of COVID-19: “Mask use by the general public could be associated with a theoretical elevated risk of COVID-19 through… self-contamination,” states Public Health Ontario in Wearing Masks in Public and COVID-19. “By wearing a mask, the exhaled viruses will not be able to escape and will concentrate in the nasal passages, enter the olfactory nerves and travel into the brain,” theorizes nationally recognized board-certified neurosurgeon, Dr. Russell Blaylock, MD (in an article at The Centre for Research on Globalization).

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/...hat-we-know-public-masks-apr-7-2020.pdf?la=en

https://www.globalresearch.ca/face-masks-pose-serious-risks-healthy/5712649

5. Bacterial Pneumonia: At an Oklahoma Press Conference, Dr. James Meehan, MD testified: “Reports coming from my colleagues all over the world are suggesting that the bacterial pneumonias are on the rise” as a result of moisture collecting in face masks.

6. Immune Suppressing: Masks are often worn by criminals trying to hide their identity while perpetuating an offence (theft, violence, rape, murder, etc.). They produce subconscious anxiety and fear. Fear and anxiety activate the fight-or-flight nervous system which down-regulates the immune system, as shown in a study by the American Psychological Association.

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2004-15935-004

7. Germophobia: Masks create an irrational fear of germs and a false sense of protection from disease, leading to antisocial (or even hostile) behaviour towards those not wearing a mask. (See the paper in the Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders titled “COVID-19, obsessive-compulsive disorder and invisible life forms that threaten the self”).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7324330/

8. Toxic: Many (if not most) masks and face coverings (including cloth) are made with toxic and carcinogenic chemicals including fire retardant, fibreglass, lead, NFE, phthalates, polyfluorinated chemicals and formaldehyde that will outgas and be inhaled by the wearer. (See “5 main hazardous chemicals in clothing from China named” by Fashion United).

https://fashionunited.uk/news/busin...ls-in-clothing-from-china-named/2018102939678

9. Psychologically Harmful: “I believe the real threat right now is what we’re doing to sabotage the mental, emotional and physical health of… our children, whose development is dependent on social interactions, physical contact and facial expressions,” writes Dr. Joseph Mercola of Mercola.com. “Between mask wearing and social distancing, I fear the impact on children in particular may be long-term, if not permanent.”

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/...u-prefer-to-spend-your-last-thanksgiving.aspx

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

Until I died from my vacc shot yesterday, I thought all this conspiritard stuff was rubbish. Now that I'm dead, I know better and realize you innernetz experts are brilliant medical researchers! Who needs doctors when we have you to tell us all what to do!

Until I died from my vacc shot yesterday, I thought all this conspiritard stuff was rubbish. Now that I'm dead, I know better and realize you innernetz experts are brilliant medical researchers! Who needs doctors when we have you to tell us all what to do!

Sigh -.-

I am so frightened that I wear three of them at a time - inside the hazmat suit, of course. That is the only way can I feel safe when I am out in my boat all alone fishing off the coast in the Pacific ocean.

I gotta go now. I have some small businesses I need to destroy. ....because I'm following the science......

Always amusing to see the obedient Trumpsters accuse others of being sheep on this issue.

Fortunately, a majority of the country knows to trust science over the word of a flamboyant carnival barker.
Oh, do tell us the "science" that says the virus is sure to get you if you set foot inside a small business, but won't touch you at Home Depot or Walmart.

Feel free to utilize all that scientific background of yours in doing so.

The problem here is that manifestly ignorant people repeat the mantra "listen to the science" while knowing absolutely nothing about it and while defending what is actually political policy rather than science.

Guess the majority of the medical profession that were wearing masks around infected people before this virus, and are now requiring that you wear a mask in ALL hospitals & related buildings. Are just wrong, internet posters know more about this virus than those with medical degrees and years of experience in the field.

Guess the majority of the medical profession that were wearing masks around infected people before this virus, and are now requiring that you wear a mask in ALL hospitals & related buildings. Are just wrong, internet posters know more about this virus than those with medical degrees and years of experience in the field.

Yes, and those overflowing critical care wards are just imaginary hysteria, too. The anti-vaxxers have links to web pages and stuff.

Always amusing to see the obedient Trumpsters accuse others of being sheep on this issue.

Fortunately, a majority of the country knows to trust science over the word of a flamboyant carnival barker.
Oh, do tell us the "science" that says the virus is sure to get you if you set foot inside a small business, but won't touch you at Home Depot or Walmart.

Feel free to utilize all that scientific background of yours in doing so.

The problem here is that manifestly ignorant people repeat the mantra "listen to the science" while knowing absolutely nothing about it and while defending what is actually political policy rather than science.
I notice how the cat got his tongue when you applied that challenge. :abgg2q.jpg:

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

Numerous randomized control trials (RCTs) analyzed the efficacy of masks in preventing the spread of an aerosol pathogen.

Below is a partial list of such trials found in professionally-reviewed literature, published by the following internationally-recognized organizations. I encourage you to click on any of the links to learn more:

A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers

Facemasks and similar barriers to prevent respiratory illness such as COVID-19: A rapid systematic review

Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks in protecting health care workers from acute respiratory infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis

DEFINE_ME

Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings—Personal Protective and Environmental Measures

Use of surgical face masks to reduce the incidence of the common cold among health care workers in Japan: a randomized controlled trial - PubMed

ACP Journals

1. Cavities: New York dentists are reporting that half their patients are suffering decaying teeth, receding gum lines and seriously sour breath from wearing masks. “We’re seeing inflammation in people’s gums that have been healthy forever, and cavities in people who have never had them before,” Dr. Rob Ramondi told FOX News.
'Mask mouth': Dentists coin new term for smelly side effect of wearing a mask

2. Facial Deformities: Masking children triggers mouth breathing which as been shown to cause “long, narrow faces, narrow mouths, high palatal vaults, dental malocclusion, gummy smiles, and many other unattractive facial features,” according to the Journal of General Dentistry.

Mouth breathing: adverse effects on facial growth, health, academics, and behavior - PubMed

3. Acne Vulgaris: Moisture and germs collecting in the mask cause “facial skin lesions, irritant dermatitis… or worsening acne” (according to Public Health Ontario) which stresses the immune system, can lead to permanent scarring and has been linked to depression and suicidal thoughts (according to the Journal of Dermatologic Clinics). Children also develop impetigo, a bacterial infection that produces red sores and can lead to kidney damage (according to the Mayo Clinic).
Mouth breathing: adverse effects on facial growth, health, academics, and behavior - PubMed
Quality of life measures for acne patients - PubMed
Impetigo - Symptoms and causes

4. Increased Risk of COVID-19: “Mask use by the general public could be associated with a theoretical elevated risk of COVID-19 through… self-contamination,” states Public Health Ontario in Wearing Masks in Public and COVID-19. “By wearing a mask, the exhaled viruses will not be able to escape and will concentrate in the nasal passages, enter the olfactory nerves and travel into the brain,” theorizes nationally recognized board-certified neurosurgeon, Dr. Russell Blaylock, MD (in an article at The Centre for Research on Globalization).

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/...hat-we-know-public-masks-apr-7-2020.pdf?la=en

Face Masks Pose Serious Risks to the Healthy - Global Research

5. Bacterial Pneumonia: At an Oklahoma Press Conference, Dr. James Meehan, MD testified: “Reports coming from my colleagues all over the world are suggesting that the bacterial pneumonias are on the rise” as a result of moisture collecting in face masks.

6. Immune Suppressing: Masks are often worn by criminals trying to hide their identity while perpetuating an offence (theft, violence, rape, murder, etc.). They produce subconscious anxiety and fear. Fear and anxiety activate the fight-or-flight nervous system which down-regulates the immune system, as shown in a study by the American Psychological Association.

APA PsycNet

7. Germophobia: Masks create an irrational fear of germs and a false sense of protection from disease, leading to antisocial (or even hostile) behaviour towards those not wearing a mask. (See the paper in the Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders titled “COVID-19, obsessive-compulsive disorder and invisible life forms that threaten the self”).

COVID-19, obsessive-compulsive disorder and invisible life forms that threaten the self

8. Toxic: Many (if not most) masks and face coverings (including cloth) are made with toxic and carcinogenic chemicals including fire retardant, fibreglass, lead, NFE, phthalates, polyfluorinated chemicals and formaldehyde that will outgas and be inhaled by the wearer. (See “5 main hazardous chemicals in clothing from China named” by Fashion United).

5 main hazardous chemicals in clothing from China named

9. Psychologically Harmful: “I believe the real threat right now is what we’re doing to sabotage the mental, emotional and physical health of… our children, whose development is dependent on social interactions, physical contact and facial expressions,” writes Dr. Joseph Mercola of Mercola.com. “Between mask wearing and social distancing, I fear the impact on children in particular may be long-term, if not permanent.”

How Would You Prefer to Spend Your Last Thanksgiving?
:thankusmile: Excellent stuff there,thanks for sharing it with us.:thup:

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

DEFINE_ME

ACP Journals

'Mask mouth': Dentists coin new term for smelly side effect of wearing a mask

Quality of life measures for acne patients - PubMed
Impetigo - Symptoms and causes

Face Masks Pose Serious Risks to the Healthy - Global Research

APA PsycNet

COVID-19, obsessive-compulsive disorder and invisible life forms that threaten the self

5 main hazardous chemicals in clothing from China named

How Would You Prefer to Spend Your Last Thanksgiving?
:thankusmile: Excellent stuff there,thanks for sharing it with us.:thup:

My pleasure! We have to defeat this WOKE/Mask Cult, because that is what it is.

The fact is they are wrong and many of the doctors and nurses don't want to wear them but they are forced to by admin. You do understand how the top down enforcement works don't you? Doctors and Nurses that work in hospitals have bosses that push these tyrannical masks policies.

Having kids wear masks, is in fact child abuse.

New Study Finds Masks Hurt Schoolchildren Physically, Psychologically, and Behaviorally

A new study, involving over 25,000 school-aged children, shows that masks are harming schoolchildren physically, psychologically, and behaviorally, revealing 24 distinct health issues associated with wearing masks.

Some of the health issues found in the study include: increased headaches (53%), difficulty concentrating (50%), drowsiness or fatigue (37%), malaise (42%), and nearly a third of children experience more sleep issues than they had previously and a quarter of children developed new fears.

Though these results are concerning, the study also found that 29.7% of children experienced shortness of breath, 26.4% experienced dizziness, and hundreds of the participants experiencing accelerated respiration, tightness in chest, weakness, and short-term impairment of consciousness.

Facemasks in the COVID-19 era: A health hypothesis

Of note, hyperoxia or oxygen supplementation (breathing air with high partial O2 pressures that above the sea levels) has been well established as therapeutic and curative practice for variety acute and chronic conditions including respiratory complications [11], [15]. It fact, the current standard of care practice for treating hospitalized patients with COVID-19 is breathing 100% oxygen [16], [17], [18]. Although several countries mandated wearing facemask in health care settings and public areas, scientific evidences are lacking supporting their efficacy for reducing morbidity or mortality associated with infectious or viral diseases [2], [14], [19]. Therefore, it has been hypothesized: 1) the practice of wearing facemasks has compromised safety and efficacy profile, 2) Both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to reduce human-to-human transmission and infectivity of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, 3) Wearing facemasks has adverse physiological and psychological effects, 4) Long-term consequences of wearing facemasks on health are detrimental.

Breathing is one of the most important physiological functions to sustain life and health. Human body requires a continuous and adequate oxygen (O2) supply to all organs and cells for normal function and survival. Breathing is also an essential process for removing metabolic byproducts [carbon dioxide (CO2)] occurring during cell respiration [12], [13]. It is well established that acute significant deficit in O2 (hypoxemia) and increased levels of CO2 (hypercapnia) even for few minutes can be severely harmful and lethal, while chronic hypoxemia and hypercapnia cause health deterioration, exacerbation of existing conditions, morbidity and ultimately mortality [11], [20], [21], [22]. Emergency medicine demonstrates that 5–6 min of severe hypoxemia during cardiac arrest will cause brain death with extremely poor survival rates [20], [21], [22], [23]. On the other hand, chronic mild or moderate hypoxemia and hypercapnia such as from wearing facemasks resulting in shifting to higher contribution of anaerobic energy metabolism, decrease in pH levels and increase in cells and blood acidity, toxicity, oxidative stress, chronic inflammation, immunosuppression and health deterioration [24], [11], [12], [13].
Efficacy of facemasks
The physical properties of medical and non-medical facemasks suggest that facemasks are ineffective to block viral particles due to their difference in scales [16], [17], [25]. According to the current knowledge, the virus SARS-CoV-2 has a diameter of 60 nm to 140 nm [nanometers (billionth of a meter)] [16], [17], while medical and non-medical facemasks’ thread diameter ranges from 55 µm to 440 µm [micrometers (one millionth of a meter), which is more than 1000 times larger [25]. Due to the difference in sizes between SARS-CoV-2 diameter and facemasks thread diameter (the virus is 1000 times smaller), SARS-CoV-2 can easily pass through any facemask [25]. In addition, the efficiency filtration rate of facemasks is poor, ranging from 0.7% in non-surgical, cotton-gauze woven mask to 26% in cotton sweeter material [2]. With respect to surgical and N95 medical facemasks, the efficiency filtration rate falls to 15% and 58%, respectively when even small gap between the mask and the face exists [25].

Clinical scientific evidence challenges further the efficacy of facemasks to block human-to-human transmission or infectivity. A randomized controlled trial (RCT) of 246 participants [123 (50%) symptomatic)] who were allocated to either wearing or not wearing surgical facemask, assessing viruses transmission including coronavirus [26]. The results of this study showed that among symptomatic individuals (those with fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose ect…) there was no difference between wearing and not wearing facemask for coronavirus droplets transmission of particles of >5 µm. Among asymptomatic individuals, there was no droplets or aerosols coronavirus detected from any participant with or without the mask, suggesting that asymptomatic individuals do not transmit or infect other people [26]. This was further supported by a study on infectivity where 445 asymptomatic individuals were exposed to asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carrier (been positive for SARS-CoV-2) using close contact (shared quarantine space) for a median of 4 to 5 days. The study found that none of the 445 individuals was infected with SARS-CoV-2 confirmed by real-time reverse transcription polymerase [27].

Read all:

Forum List

Back