Maryanne Trump Barry about Donald Trump

It’s amusing how so many think this kinda of stuff just started with Trump I would suggest reading the book profiles in corruption you would learn this is neither a new thing or confined to one party.

In MAGA world, Trump is greater than FDR. Never mind the Great Depression or World War II or the creation of Social Security — he’s better than all that. Better than Truman and Kennedy. Somehow. Better than Johnson who signed the Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act and Medicare. Better than Reagan who did something or the other. Even moreso, Trump is greater than Abraham Lincoln. Civil War? PFft. Freed the Slaves? Eh. That’s nothing compared to the blazing greatness of Trump.

Clearly, I dissent from that view. Let me elaborate by responding to some of the claims made by those in the video.

First of all, the FBI and Nancy Pelosi were not responsible for the attack on the Capitol where people were trying to kill her. I mean like, how exactly would that — invite-your-would-be-killer-to-the-office-day — be a good idea? Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, the Mayor, the Chief of Capitol Police and MIke Pence all called the Acting Secretary of Defense asking for the National Guard to be deployed - but Donald Trump didn't make that call. He didn’t call anyone, not the FBI, not Homeland Security, not the Capitol Police and certainly not the Pentagon to have the National Guard sent to the Capitol.

This is proven by the testimony of the Acting Secretary of Defense to Congress as he was questioned by AOC. He talks about when he made the decision to send the Guard and who he was in contact with — and it wasn’t Trump.

Instead of doing his duty as Command and Chief, Trump yet again incited people against Mike Pence and sat on his hands for 3 hours doing nothing as the Capitol was attacked and invaded.

----
As far as Trump fighting a war — like FDR or Lincoln — he's the one who surrendered to the Taliban and left the Afghan government hanging on the line. They'd already been cut off at the knees before Biden even arrived. Their days were already numbered. Biden was wrong for not realizing just how bad it already was.

------
He also banned Muslims, including the translators who worked with us in Afghanistan which left them trapped there with the Taliban.
--------------
This is why so many were left behind — they should have been out of the country before the deal with the Taliban was even made. They should have been a priority while negotiations were taking place. But no, not to Trump.
He didn't solve a massive economic crisis — like Obama or FDR — he was actually the beneficiary of Obama's growing economy then he created a crisis of his own with the Pandemic taking unemployment up to 14.7% in April of 2020.
----------
In Biden’s first year it dropped by about $380 Billion and this year it should go down another $1.7 Trillion.

He failed at implementing testing to prevent the Pandemic from spreading in order to screw over "Democrat" States.
-------------
Trump promised that he would “balance the budget” but he failed to handle the federal budget well at all. On his watch, after Obama had brought the deficit down by $900 Billion, Trump put in a massive tax cut for corporations and the rich which increased it by another $600 Billon, then when the pandemic hit it increased by yet another $2.1 Trillion on top of that leaving it more than twice as high as during the Great Recession of 2008.
---------------------
This decision alone cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans.

And yes, I can hear you now shouting — or maybe mumbling under your breath — “But Trump created the Covid vaccine with Operation: Warp Speed.” Yeah, ok, sure — but the first company to actually deliver a vaccine, Pfizer, didn’t receive any Warp Speed funding. Pfizer’s funding came from Germany. He created this plan to accelerate vaccine production and his little race was won by a company that wasn't part of his plan. Awesome.
-------------
Getting the vaccine out fast was a great accomplishment, it just wasn't something that Trump actually did. Pfizer did it all on their own. They did get some Warp Speed funds, later — but the ramp-up was all on them. Also, when Trump left office — he didn’t provide any plan for vaccine distribution.
----------
Having a vaccine without any plan to distribute it — is not really having a vaccine available to the people, where it was needed.

Trump and his people tried to falsify a Homeland Security report which stated that violence from White Supremacy was growing, and instead downplayed Russian election interference and falsely claimed that Antifa and terrorists crossing the border were becoming more dangerous.
---------------
Among the most serious allegations are that acting Secretary Chad Wolf earlier this year instructed Murphy “to cease providing intelligence assessments on the threat of Russian interference in the United States, and instead start reporting on interference activities by China and Iran.”
[...]
The complaint accused Cuccinelli specifically of instructing Murphy to modify an assessment on White supremacy in order make “the threat appear less severe, as well as include information on the prominence of violent ‘left-wing’ groups.”
Trump didn't really secure the border, migrants kept coming in. Lots of them.

------------
Now, under Title 8 and Title 42 many of these people were expelled from the country — just as they are now by the Biden administration — but it’s not like they weren’t showing up at the border. They were.

He didn't build his fence, he just replaced some of the old fence using money he stole from the vets, then it blew over in a stiff breeze and can now be cut through with tools from Walmart.

-----------------

Purely out of spite and vindictiveness he viciously and illegally separated 5,000 migrant children from their parents and didn't bother to keep track of whose kids came from which adult - then he deported the adults, so for hundreds of them that separation is now permanent. Many of the people he tried to keep out with Title 42 are the ones trying to get back into the country now at the border are vastly increasing the arrest figures.
-----------------

Trump claimed he would bring back lost jobs from overseas but his attempts to use tariffs to punish China backfired and he lost another 250,000 jobs.

---------------

He didn’t get a Foxxconn plant built in Wisconsin — even without the “suicide nets” for the workers. And Harley Davidson is still moving their production overseas.

He didn't get a nuclear nonproliferation deal with North Korea — obviously, even though he now has some nice “Love Letters” — and he also ruined the deal we already had in place with Iran, then he sanctioned their oil production which lowered the global supply.

He pulled us out of the Paris Climate Accords which set us back years while the world grows closer to the net 2.0° celsius threshold.

(full article online)

• In his new book, "Revenge," Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen accused him of being a fascist.
  • Cohen said the US is "in danger" of losing its government to fascists who want to destroy democracy.
  • He called Trump the "standard bearer for corrupt dictator wannabes" and a "poster boy for fascism."
Michael Cohen has warned in his new book that the US is in danger of losing its battle against fascism and that Donald Trump's presidency was merely a preview of things to come.

In his book, "Revenge," released on Tuesday, Cohen — who was once Trump's lawyer and fixer — described the former president's time in office as being a "practice run" for future dictatorships.

"We are in danger of losing this country to fascists who are destroying our democracy and the rule of law and replacing it with something unseen since the dark days in Europe prior to World War II," he wrote.

"Donald Trump was just a practice run. If those who think like him are allowed to take control of this government —like they tried to do during the January 6 insurrection — then we're all f*****, and my suffering will become the nation's suffering," Cohen added, accusing Trump of setting him up as the fall guy for various crimes.

As I helped create this Frankenstein's monster and let it out of its cage, I feel it is my moral duty, or if you prefer my penance, to make sure we re-cage the beastMichael Cohen

Cohen also admitted his part in turning Trump into such a dangerous figure.

"As I helped create this Frankenstein's monster and let it out of its cage, I feel it is my moral duty, or if you prefer my penance, to make sure we re-cage the beast," he wrote.

In his book, Cohen also accused Trump of being a "mirror into the depths of the soul of government corruption."

"He is the standard bearer for corrupt dictator wannabes. He is the poster boy for fascism," he added.

A representative at Trump's post-presidential press office did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

In 2018, Cohen pleaded guilty to felonies, including tax evasion, campaign finance violations, and bank fraud. He was sentenced in December 2018 to three years in prison and was disbarred in February 2019 by the New York Supreme Court.

Cohen's new book offers insights into the period he spent working for Trump and his time in prison.

Since his release, Cohen has become an outspoken critic of Trump and has commented extensively on the former president's many legal troubles. In September, he announced he was selling t-shirts depicting Trump behind bars to "celebrate the fall of the mango Mussolini."

[ I am adding this tweet as it shows where the mindset of some Republican is today. It speaks for itself ]

In a new book, the former US ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland defends his conduct around Donald Trump’s first impeachment, derides Democrats for their investigation of Trump’s attempt to extract political dirt from Ukraine – and calls his former boss a narcissist and a “dick”.

Sondland also takes aim at Mike Pompeo, Trump’s secretary of state, who is now a potential candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024.

Sondland criticises Pompeo for firing him over his impeachment testimony and allegedly reneging on a promise to pay his legal fees. Sondland also hits Pompeo for not inviting Volodymyr Zelenskiy, the president of Ukraine, to Washington when the Russian foreign minister visited twice under Trump.

Sondland, a hotelier, donated $1m to Trump after the 2016 election and became EU ambassador two years later. His memoir, The Envoy: Mastering the Art of Diplomacy with Trump and the World – “pause here to allow 10,000 career diplomats to roll their eyes”, the Washington Post quipped in May – will be published on 25 October. The Guardian obtained a copy.

Retelling Trump’s first impeachment, Sondland describes efforts to push Ukraine to investigate Trump’s enemies, including the role of Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal attorney.

He rejects criticism from the whistleblower, Alexander Vindman, and ex-Trump advisers John Bolton and Fiona Hill, who in her own impeachment testimony memorably said Bolton, the national security adviser, mentioned Sondland was helping to “cook up” a “drug deal” regarding Ukraine.

In testimony, Sondland described Trump’s attempted quid pro quo: a White House visit for Zelenskiy and the release of military aid in return for investigations of targets including Joe and Hunter Biden.

Sondland now insists there was nothing unusual about this, writing “Quid pro quos happen all the time” and quoting – bizarrely – as evidence both the comedian Jerry Seinfeld and “studies that show when married men pitch in and clean the bathroom, they have more sex”.

But his testimony earned the ire of Trump loyalists including Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, who Sondland suspects may have told Pompeo to fire him.
-----
But he also attributes Trump’s shortcomings as a leader, including an “inability to clearly explain things”, to factors including his narcissism. On that score, Sondland describes reminding Trump in 2016 that “you were kind of a dick to me when we first met”. Trump, he says, said he hadn’t thought Sondland important enough to be nice to.

Working for Trump, Sondland says, “was like staying at an all-inclusive resort. You’re thrilled when you first arrive, but things start to go downhill fast. Quality issues start to show. The people who work the place can be rude and not so bright. Attrition is a huge problem. And eventually, you begin to wonder why you agreed to the deal in the first place.”

(full article online)

Forum List

Back